Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I'll start;
  • More options: RWD/AWD, long range/standard range, select/premium/California Rt1/GT
  • Dashboard display
  • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
  • Real buttons where you need them
  • Support from local dealers located everywhere
  • $7,500 Federal tax credit
But there are bills being presented in congress to expand the tax credit to all electric vehicles including Tesla and GM for $7000.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The double paned glass doesn't really make a difference. Most of the noise comes in from the wheel well area and the section where the windshield meets the glass roof. I'm guessing it was done more for heat retention, but I could be wrong.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
But there are bills being presented in congress to expand the tax credit to all electric vehicles including Tesla and GM for $7000.
That would be unfair, IMO. Tesla and GM already got their full $1.5B buyer subsidies while Ford and the others have only cashed part of theirs yet, strategically waiting for better battery tech.

Tesla/GM leveraged theirs against the competition early, Ford/etc should be able to leverage theirs again Tesla/GM now.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
That would be unfair, IMO. Tesla and GM already got their full $1.5B buyer subsidies while Ford and the others have only cashed part of theirs yet, strategically waiting for better battery tech.

Tesla/GM leveraged theirs against the competition early, Ford/etc should be able to leverage theirs again Tesla/GM now.
I dont think they are thinking about favoring one manufactoring over another but to expand usage of the use of EV. Ford and the other manufactorers never made the big investment in EV as Telsa and GM. I think this is a plus for consumers sitting on the fence and give them lots of options. And actually make it more competitive for consumers.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I dont think they are thinking about favoring one manufactoring over another but to expand usage of the use of EV. Ford and the other manufactorers never made the big investment in EV as Telsa and GM. I think this is a plus for consumers sitting on the fence and give them lots of options. And actually make it more competitive for consumers.
You're right, I don't think they're thinking about what's fair to manufacturers either.

Plus in reality, those subsidies really effectively pass through to the manufacturers, in the form of higher prices. The Bolt is a good example, discounted by around $7500 once the taxpayer subsidy ran out.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The last I checked a few weeks ago, the MME Premium Ext AWD was about 3-5k cheaper than the MYLR after factoring in federal tax credit, xplan pricing, and Ford Options Bonus Cash. But the price on the MYLR seems to fluctuate about as much as GameStop stock so my info could be out of date.
The thing is there is no 36-month option for model Y. That is a saving that mache has at .09%
Also Unless you want simple white paint you're paying 1,000 more or 2,000 more for red. The white interior is 1,000 more.
So a red model y with a white interior jumps the price up 3,000 dollars vs the mache.
Also, tesla interest rate is higher so when you really look into things prices get closer even without the 7,500 tax credit.
Also, the 19-inch rims are not very good-looking on the tesla. The 20 inches are better looking but that is an upcharge of 2,000. The home link on tesla also is not free.

You even have the 600 dollars saying from the x-plan for north America.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
If the bill becomes a law, I am sure that there will be a lot of sudden price adjustments and incentives.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
If expanding options for consumers, then it should include lower income brackets this time. As it is, it favors those who can afford expensive vehicles. They should have that max credit for those under an income level, like $50000, then decrease the credit linearly as the income is higher until it hits a minimum credit like $1000. So "lower income" could get a Bolt at a price comparable to an ICE vehicle.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It’s an interesting policy discussion. The way the tax credits are currently structured, it is primarily a tax break for the rich. But if you’re going to income-adjust the credit, it’s not gonna help sell many MME’s, Tesla’s, or other luxury EVs. We should probably get rid of the credits altogether, but fat chance.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This is my biggest concern, buying now instead of waiting another 3-6 months or so. The newest proposal will allow people to take $7k off at time of purchase.

If the bill becomes a law, I am sure that there will be a lot of sudden price adjustments and incentives.
Sponsored