Brady33

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC
Country flag
Ya, I’m hoping Ford can get it right. I could really sense the frustration from Kyle in his video. He had a lot more patience than me.
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And as someone (Kyle maybe?) pointed out, it's far easier to design a charge network to work dependably with only your own proprietary products than it is to get it to work dependably with dozens of others. Tesla = Apple in that regard. While CCS networks are like Windows and Android -- they have to work with nearly everyone's EVs. That's much, much harder.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
And as someone (Kyle maybe?) pointed out, it's far easier to design a charge network to work dependably with only your own proprietary products than it is to get it to work dependably with dozens of others. Tesla = Apple in that regard. While CCS networks are like Windows and Android -- they have to work with nearly everyone's EVs. That's much, much harder.
The Apple comparison is a good one. I said it in another thread, but one analogy is that EA (CCS in general) is like a homebuilt PC where not everything works as you might expect.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I agree with them on the demographics issue - cannot imagine many 35 yo buying Mach E, even despite Mustang name - it's just way too conventional and not enough kick in the guts (maybe on purpose?). GT will probably be more popular with the younger generation but there will be bigger money barrier there.

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
That would be unfair, IMO. Tesla and GM already got their full $1.5B buyer subsidies while Ford and the others have only cashed part of theirs yet, strategically waiting for better battery tech.

Tesla/GM leveraged theirs against the competition early, Ford/etc should be able to leverage theirs again Tesla/GM now.
Personally...
unfair is subjective. To Ford/etc, yes. To the environment and the EV movement...no. Not to be all “save Mother Earth” but I would rather see people who relied on the tax credit to purchase an EV get another chance vs buying another ICE

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Personally...
unfair is subjective. To Ford/etc, yes. To the environment and the EV movement...no. Not to be all “save Mother Earth” but I would rather see people who relied on the tax credit to purchase an EV get another chance vs buying another ICE
You right. Elon Musk has just seen his net worth decline by $27B. It's totally unfair that he shouldn't get a bailout.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
It's another speculation :)

What is not speculation is that the most of the buyers of Mach E are people of 40+ and far beyond. I was at 3 demos sessions and saw the audience (and it was pretty crowded, so, I could get the idea of the age distribution). Also, if you think young people are looking more for luxurious interior than for kick the guts acceleration (I mean - supposedly when they will be choosing between MY and MME) - well... than there is no point to discuss anything :)

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
You right. Elon Musk has just seen his net worth decline by $27B. It's totally unfair that he shouldn't get a bailout.
And the most accurate inference award goes to...shutterbug!!!

to reiterate... the renewal of the tax credit would make it more affordable, thus more buyers of BEVs. Not to mention, this would spark more competition and competitive pricing as a result

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
to reiterate... the renewal of the tax credit would make it more affordable, thus more buyers of BEVs. Not to mention, this would spark more competition and competitive pricing as a result
This is definitely possible.

It is also conceivable that mfrs will raise base prices by the amount of the incentive, and no additional EVs are sold than would be under current rules.

Third possibility is somewhere in between.

Free market.....does not always react the way we want/expect.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

It is also conceivable that mfrs will raise base prices by the amount of the incentive, and no additional EVs are sold than would be under current rules.

fact

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's another speculation :)

What is not speculation is that the most of the buyers of Mach E are people of 40+ and far beyond. I was at 3 demos sessions and saw the audience (and it was pretty crowded, so, I could get the idea of the age distribution). Also, if you think young people are looking more for luxurious interior than for kick the guts acceleration (I mean - supposedly when they will be choosing between MY and MME) - well... than there is no point to discuss anything :)
Something like half of Mach-E buyers are between 30-49. There's a poll from last year where we talked about this. @Mach-E VLOG also has demographic stats on his Youtube channel he can probably share.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/age-of-mach-e-owners-leasers.270/

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Possible, sure. Likely, nah.

Third possibility is somewhere in between.

Just as Tesla and GM lowered the prices, when the credits disappeared, they'll raise them when they're back. Truly free market reacts as expected, eventually. If you try to manipulate it, the results may be unpredictable, or at least contrary to expectations.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag