Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Don’t be such a tool. The original article came from an SFO Bay Area newspaper piece, and had verification of the roof on I-580 by the CHP. Plus a comment from Tesla about it after the fact.

You’re entitled to believe what you want, but you’re wrong.
I hadn't heard that. What did Tesla have to say about the incident?
Sponsored

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Don’t be such a tool. The original article came from an SFO Bay Area newspaper piece, and had verification of the roof on I-580 by the CHP. Plus a comment from Tesla about it after the fact.
Is this still being debated, LOL?

Tesla convertible? Model Y roof flies off while owners drive down California highway
161 comments

‘The entire glass top of the roof just flew off in the wind’

By Andrew J. Hawkins@andyjayhawk Oct 5, 2020, 12:26pm EDT
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/5/21502379/tesla-modely-roof-flies-off-convertible-quality-issue

https://electrek.co/2020/11/23/tesla-model-s-roof-seen-flying-off-dashcam-video/

Is this happening on other vehicles? Post 'em up here.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

You’re entitled to believe what you want, but you’re wrong.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it happening on Teslas? Post the proof.
Ummm, is that a joke?

Post #1,247, maybe??? or....

Tesla: Recalls more than 9,500 Model X and Model Y units due to possible roof detachment

The American company announced the recall of approximately 9,500 Model X and Model Y cars due to some problems with loose bolts and crown molding that could separate while in motion.
But, really, this is boring. Simply Google, below, and then get back to us.:)

https://www.google.com/search?q=tes...hUKEwi1o5aAtqfwAhUTHzQIHQ0aAkkQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
Ummm, is that a joke?

Post #1,247, maybe??? or....

But, really, this is boring. Simply Google, below, and then get back to us.:)

https://www.google.com/search?q=tes...hUKEwi1o5aAtqfwAhUTHzQIHQ0aAkkQ4dUDCAg&uact=5
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any confirmation that Tesla commented on the story about the roof flying off on I-580 as was claimed.

You can't blame me for wanting verification of that claim, can you? I really don't know what Tesla said about the incident.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing any confirmation that Tesla commented on the story about the roof flying off on I-580 as was claimed.

You can't blame me for wanting verification of that claim, can you? I really don't know what Tesla said about the incident.
People searched on social media trying to find more information but came up empty to confirm the story. Lots of loose ends and no facts to confirm it actually happened.

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
People searched on social media trying to find more information but came up empty to confirm the story. Lots of loose ends and no facts to confirm it actually happened.
I can't find any confirmation either and the only photo looks as fake as fake can be. Some people are gulliable for photoshop.

But what's even more troubling are claims right here on this forum that Tesla even commented on this I-580 story but they refuse to supply any confirmation that Tesla did in fact comment on the story or confirm what Tesla's comment was.

The "journalist" who wrote the story couldn't even confirm the identity of the owner of the account that broke the story. Without anything more than heresay, I'm just not gulliable enough to buy it, especially with the photo that looks photoshopped being the only evidence. No police account, no comment from Tesla, no verification of who the account owner was....I wasn't born yesterday.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can't find any confirmation either and the only photo looks as fake as fake can be. Some people are gulliable for photoshop.

But what's even more troubling are claims right here on this forum that Tesla even commented on this I-580 story but they refuse to supply any confirmation that Tesla did in fact comment on the story or confirm what Tesla's comment was.

The "journalist" who wrote the story couldn't even confirm the identity of the owner of the account that broke the story. Without anything more than heresay, I'm just not gulliable enough to buy it, especially with the photo that looks photoshopped being the only evidence. No police account, no comment from Tesla, no verification of who the account owner was....I wasn't born yesterday.
It's almost expected for those haters to chime in this type of stuff. When a Tesla window breaks, they let everyone knows that it's a widespread problem. When a Ford window breaks sitting in a garage in the same conditions, it's a one-off anomaly that surely will never happen again.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the point he was trying to make is that BEVs are far less complex mechanically than ICEs.
We have a winner, LOL, exactly right. Usually rotational power outputs are much simpler, and more powerful, than reciprocating power outputs.

Case in point.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y Wright_Cyclone_GR_3350_1

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y PT6 turboprop engine

And now, compare this "engine" to the V-6 Turbo engine, without transmission, that I posted earlier. Things change.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y IMG_3820

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
I don't get it. Are you saying that's why Ford makes them in Mexico? Because Ford's european customers would rather have a car made in Mexico than the USA?

What is your point?
Wow! Are you serious? You really do not understand why making cars in Mexico makes huge financial sense for Ford in selling MMEs in Europe? Are you that Tesla-ed?
Sponsored