John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I saw my first MY in the wild yesterday driving home and heading the opposite direction from me on a non-divided road. A white MY. I try really hard to be objective, but if ever there was the look of a pure compliance car, it was that MY. It looked BORING.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I saw my first MY in the wild yesterday driving home and heading the opposite direction from me on a non-divided road. A white MY. I try really hard to be objective, but if ever there was the look of a pure compliance car, it was that MY. It looked BORING.
First time I saw a red MY, it was a rear three-quarter view as it was driving through the grocery store parking lot. It looked like a red balloon. Just seriously a very inflated M3. I actually thought it was an MX at first until my eyes focused better... Quite spherical looking.

I've seen a few more since then and thought they looked good. So I think it's a matter of viewing angles.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
First time I saw a red MY, it was a rear three-quarter view as it was driving through the grocery store parking lot. It looked like a red balloon. Just seriously a very inflated M3. I actually thought it was an MX at first until my eyes focused better... Quite spherical looking.

I've seen a few more since then and thought they looked good. So I think it's a matter of viewing angles.
First time I saw one I thouht the same. The jolly green giant stuck a straw in a model 3 and blew on it. I actually have no problems with the S, 3, or X. They aren't my favorite but I wouldn't be ashamed to own one from a visual perspective. But that Y....

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Time to step up Ford and go head to head with Tesla. Only a single mention of the Mach e in yesterdays story. Last sentence - Y will be best selling Telsa. Time for some real reviews instead of fluffy marketing talk from Ford. If you have a superior car (which we hope) let people judge you.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/new-c...&utm_content=20_September_18_Newsletter_NewDD
I think this is a pretty good description . . . like he said, come on Ford!

"The Model Y is not a pretty car. The Model 3’s pure lines, when bloated to crossover proportions, become a visual blob. “It’s like shooting a chrome egg,” noted photographer Cameron Neveu."

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
On the other hand, automotive industry journalists are just as jaded as we are in our own chosen professions. If you look at the journalist video in the indoor ride along (located here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...engineering-friends-in-mexico.1100/post-34768) at the 7:18 mark the guy talking says, "I think it's kind of attractive." And that was an improvement over what he thought prior to seeing it in person. Unleasing the journalist on this car too soon isn't necessarily a good thing.

Beholden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taurus SHO
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’ve driven the X and the whY, wasn’t impressed with the whY’s looks, handling(u definitely feel the weight of the batteries unlike driving the I-Pace which handles like a cat), autopilot stopped me 15 feet in front of the car in front of me (embarrassing) in city traffic and tried to drive me off the road twice in city driving, the lowest regen mode for braking was way too strong for my tastes, the navigation didn’t even notice when I turned around, kept saying pull a U-turn, steering wheel is really tiny(I guess it makes u feel bigger?), hard plastic surfaces like where you would rest your arms and touch, and of course it’s pretty ugly for no reason I can tell (just make the nose pointy or something like the X). Hate the lack of HUD, begs for a laser HUD. It is wicked fast though not that that matters. X was cool back in the day but too expensive for moi. I’d take the I-Pace over the whY for even money.
Still waiting on my GT. Can’t decide on color, wish it was hydrogen fuel cell powered.
Don’t sleep on GM, seems they are making some waves now too with hydrogen fuel cell commitment with Nikola...

Beholden

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I actually thought the MY looked real sharp when I saw one a couple of weeks ago. It was blue and a real head-turner. At least from the side perspective. I think it makes you pay attention to it.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't even tell Tesla models apart when I see them on the road. They all have the same mostly-indistinguishable profile.

Tesla-Models-Compared.jpg

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
For me, the Model S and Roadster (both original and new concept) are the only good looking models, the others in certain angles look very awkward.

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Google Maps directions confirm that's it's a fairly slow mountain road from Oslo to Trondheim. A generic city-to-city drive shows 491 km in 6:26 hours. That's an average of 47 MPH.
If they did not stop to eat etc.
Sponsored