Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
and the bad thing about, the get down to it what makes it so bad. Is it has so many fewer parts to break down. It's not even close. ITs like having to have a race to put legos together. have a digram to follow. One person has 100 pieces and the other has 1,000. Still, somehow the person with only 100 pieces finishes last.
I TOLD YOU TO STOP WATCHING ME PUT LEGOS TOGETHER! it's super creepy.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 1606233915396
Sponsored

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
A timely article published today on Autoblog supporting the recent low rankings from CR.

Probably the most stunning revelation is that for the first 9 months of 2020, Ford's warranty costs totaled $3.87 billion compared to GM's $1.68 billion, and GM is a much larger company.

One third of Ford's warranty costs come from bad parts, two-thirds come from bad design and manufacturing issues.

Widening gap
Ford's quality gap compared with GM has worsened during the past three years. Warranty claims have ballooned almost $2 billion since 2017, Credit Suisse analyst Daniel Levy said.

In 2012 and 2013, Ford's warranty claims as a share of sales were below 2% every quarter, according to industry publication Warranty Week. But at the end of 2018, warranty costs topped 3% and hit 4.3% in the second quarter of this year as overall sales slid due to the coronavirus shutdown.

For the first nine months of 2020, Ford's warranty costs totaled $3.87 billion, while GM's were $1.68 billion, according to regulatory filings."

Ford's warranty costs for the first nine months of 2020 were $2B higher than GM's

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
she calls out the fake news Telsa 400-mile range lol Lmao she goes on about the forum's wrong post about the lease prices dear lord people everyone getting the news here.

You know what I absolutely agree with her on? We really have refueling rather than range anxiety. I would rather Ford have a great charging curve in the future and hold that 150KW longer because of that buffer in the Mach E, than increasing my range by 10-20 miles. I have plenty of range and plenty of time to charge when not on a road trip. On a trip, I would like a stop of 20 minutes instead of 45.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A timely article published today on Autoblog supporting the recent low rankings from CR.

Probably the most stunning revelation is that for the first 9 months of 2020, Ford's warranty costs totaled $3.87 billion compared to GM's $1.68 billion, and GM is a much larger company.

One third of Ford's warranty costs come from bad parts, two-thirds come from bad design and manufacturing issues.

Widening gap
Ford's quality gap compared with GM has worsened during the past three years. Warranty claims have ballooned almost $2 billion since 2017, Credit Suisse analyst Daniel Levy said.

In 2012 and 2013, Ford's warranty claims as a share of sales were below 2% every quarter, according to industry publication Warranty Week. But at the end of 2018, warranty costs topped 3% and hit 4.3% in the second quarter of this year as overall sales slid due to the coronavirus shutdown.

For the first nine months of 2020, Ford's warranty costs totaled $3.87 billion, while GM's were $1.68 billion, according to regulatory filings."

Ford's warranty costs for the first nine months of 2020 were $2B higher than GM's
Then why are you buying a MME? Second if I'm not mistaken I've read somewhere that the new CEO wants to attack this problem has a priority. And I believe Ford is starting to attack this problem with the MME has they have put so much effort in it.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Widening gap

The explorer launch and the cut of a certain lincoln brand was the major cause. As for gm they just got hit hard.

Detroit — The U.S. is making General Motors recall and repair nearly 6 million big pickup trucks and SUVs equipped with potentially dangerous Takata air bag inflators.
The decision announced Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration will cost the automaker an estimated $1.2 billion, about one third of its net income this year.
GM had petitioned the agency four times starting in 2016 to avoid a recall, contending the air bag inflator canisters have been safe on the road and in testing. But owners responded by accusing the company of putting profits over safety.
Takata used volatile ammonium nitrate to create a small explosion to fill air bags in a crash. But the chemical can deteriorate when exposed to heat and humidity and explode with too much force, blowing apart a metal canister and spewing shrapnel.

No one car company does not have recalls. Ford is working on it very hard. The larger the portfolio and the more different parts the higher chance for problems. With tech moving quicker than ever you won't have models sitting 5 years with small facelifts like in the past.

The thing with tesla is the portfolio is very small and a lot of the parts are shared across the platform. So they get a lot of heat for that. you can have 100 toys made and have a problem with 9. Then you can have another company make only 10 but have a problem with 5. Plus the toys are less hard to make.

Truth is Ford is very hot right now with the launch of the Lincoln brand, bronco, mustang mache, ford f series. Explorer is back to selling well, along with the ranger, and transit. Great times for ford.

Ford can't make enough super duty trucks right now. Working 3 shifts, plus weekends. Can't make enough. Incentives on a super duty ford truck are only 250.00 dollars. Demand is that high.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Then why are you buying a MME? Second if I'm not mistaken I've read somewhere that the new CEO wants to attack this problem has a priority. And I believe Ford is starting to attack this problem with the MME has they have put so much effort in it.
The post was in response to the Ford representative's musings about Tesla's infamously poor quality, which apparently lacked the awareness that only one company is ranked lower than Tesla.

What's the saying about those in glass houses?

09822e1923237dc3b149599fae91f9fc.jpg

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good point.

I think that "EV reliability advantage" often gets overblown. 80% of the car is still mechanical. More of it may be controlled by computer, but it's still mostly mechanical parts that can still fail. They still have suspensions, alignment, tires, windshields, bumpers, brakes, wipers, power seats, doors, liftgates, steering mechanisms, etc etc etc.

The ICE engine is the biggie, of course. And that'll make a significant difference. But I don't think it'll be as much as is often touted. Most BEVs on the road are still pretty new

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You know what I absolutely agree with her on? We really have refueling rather than range anxiety. I would rather Ford have a great charging curve in the future and hold that 150KW longer because of that buffer in the Mach E, than increasing my range by 10-20 miles. I have plenty of range and plenty of time to charge when not on a road trip. On a trip, I would like a stop of 20 minutes instead of 45.
If those were the choices (5% more range vs 55% faster DCFC refueling), then sure, the latter is the easy choice.

But I suspect the more realistic trade would be something like 20% faster charge vs 20% more range.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Don’t shoot the messenger.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla Faces Class Action Over Allegedly Covering Up Model S, X Suspension Defects
Wed, November 25, 2020, 3:21 AM

868ab20145345b81988fc22c068f5af4.jpg

Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) is facing a class-action lawsuit brought on by owners that allege that the automaker actively concealed suspension defects in Model S and Model X vehicles.
What Happened: The suit, filed in a California federal court on Friday, alleges that “Tesla has not only failed to disclose the existence of the Suspension Defect” but also took “active measures to conceal its knowledge by misrepresenting the reasons that the affected suspension parts fail.”

The complaint made references to a recall in China that affected nearly 40,000 vehicles exported to China and produced at the company’s Fremont, California plant between Sep 13, 2013, and Oct. 15, 2018.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

The plaintiffs claim that in the United States, the Elon Musk-led automaker took a different stance — blaming the suspension problems cited by the Chinese authorities on “driver abuse.”
“Tesla is gambling with the lives and safety of hundreds of thousands of additional drivers and passengers whose vehicles suspension parts at an imminent risk of failure,” the complainants stated.

Why It Matters: The lawsuit alleges a coverup wherein the automaker attempted to avoid “the financial fallout” that would result from a recall.
The complaint further points to online reports going back to 2016 where Tesla required customers to sign non-disclosure agreements in return for “goodwill repairs.”
The practice was halted after the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration exerted “significant pressure,” as per the lawsuit.

In May, another lawsuit was filed against the automaker that alleged that 2014-16 Model S and 2015-2016 Model X vehicles were equipped with defective touchscreen media control units that routinely fail.

It was reported in June that the NHTSA was probing touchscreen failures in the 2012 through 2015 Model S vehicles, as per the Associated Press.

Musk said this month that safety was the “Primary Design Goal” for as NHTSA widened its probe on touchscreen failures affecting 159,000 Model S and Model X vehicles.
Price Action: Tesla shares closed 6.43% higher at $555.38 on Tuesday and rose 1.26% to $562.40 in the after-hours session.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla is recalling more than 9,000 Model X cars over a cosmetic adhesive that could fly off
Graham Rapier
Wed, November 25, 2020, 9:45 AM

dcfd3cb4a59770079425fb48138d67e4.jpg

Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk introduces the falcon wing door on the Model X during a presentation in Fremont, California in 2015. Stephen Lam/File Photo/Reuters
  • Tesla has filed recall paperwork with US regulators for more than 9,000 Model X vehicles.
  • The cars have a cosmetic adhesive near the roof and windshield that could come loose, NHTSA said.
  • The company has struggled with numerous other recalls in recent months, ranging from power steering to electronics and suspension issues.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tesla on Wednesday filed to recall an estimated 9,136 Model X vehicles due to issues with a cosmetic adhesive that could come loose, fly off, and create a safety hazard.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Tesla became aware of the possible defect after a "field event" in September when the part, known as an applique, was found to be missing. The recall applies to vehicles built between September 2015 and July 2016.

"The Model X is equipped with a cosmetic applique at the front of the roof just behind the windshield, known as the front applique, as well as an applique at the center of the roof in between the upper falcon door roof glass, known as the spine applique," NHTSA said. "Both appliques are adhered to the vehicle using urethane. If the applique-to-urethane interface lacks primer, then, over time, the adhesion may weaken, causing the applique to separate from the vehicle."

Tesla said it's not aware of any accidents or injuries due to the defect, but warned "if the applique separates from the vehicle while in drive, it could create a road hazard for following motorists and increase their risk of injury or a crash."

In recent months, several owners of other Tesla vehicles — including both the Model Y and Model S — have reported issues with the cars' glass roofs. In some cases, the roof completely separates and flies off in traffic, with one dramatic dashcam video even capturing the moment.

It's not clear if the roof issues have anything to do with Wednesday's recall, and Tesla has yet to comment publicly on the issues. The company did not respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla Faces Class Action Over Allegedly Covering Up Model S, X Suspension Defects
Wed, November 25, 2020, 3:21 AM

868ab20145345b81988fc22c068f5af4.jpg

Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) is facing a class-action lawsuit brought on by owners that allege that the automaker actively concealed suspension defects in Model S and Model X vehicles.
What Happened: The suit, filed in a California federal court on Friday, alleges that “Tesla has not only failed to disclose the existence of the Suspension Defect” but also took “active measures to conceal its knowledge by misrepresenting the reasons that the affected suspension parts fail.”

The complaint made references to a recall in China that affected nearly 40,000 vehicles exported to China and produced at the company’s Fremont, California plant between Sep 13, 2013, and Oct. 15, 2018.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

The plaintiffs claim that in the United States, the Elon Musk-led automaker took a different stance — blaming the suspension problems cited by the Chinese authorities on “driver abuse.”
“Tesla is gambling with the lives and safety of hundreds of thousands of additional drivers and passengers whose vehicles suspension parts at an imminent risk of failure,” the complainants stated.

Why It Matters: The lawsuit alleges a coverup wherein the automaker attempted to avoid “the financial fallout” that would result from a recall.
The complaint further points to online reports going back to 2016 where Tesla required customers to sign non-disclosure agreements in return for “goodwill repairs.”
The practice was halted after the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration exerted “significant pressure,” as per the lawsuit.

In May, another lawsuit was filed against the automaker that alleged that 2014-16 Model S and 2015-2016 Model X vehicles were equipped with defective touchscreen media control units that routinely fail.

It was reported in June that the NHTSA was probing touchscreen failures in the 2012 through 2015 Model S vehicles, as per the Associated Press.

Musk said this month that safety was the “Primary Design Goal” for as NHTSA widened its probe on touchscreen failures affecting 159,000 Model S and Model X vehicles.
Price Action: Tesla shares closed 6.43% higher at $555.38 on Tuesday and rose 1.26% to $562.40 in the after-hours session.
But where is the NHSTA in the US when it is about all the Tesla issues? Was there ever a recall on those issues that they don't stop doing on other automakers ICE vehicle.

EDIT: Well it seems there are more then I thought.