EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
" However, in July 2020, CEO Elon Musk said that Tesla won’t produce the version of the Model Y because he said that the range would be “unacceptably low”.

Man, Elon Musk fools his customers again and again and again. Yet the Tesla fanboys and everyone in the Wall St keep falling for his lies. No one can control what he says and promises on twitter.
Sponsored

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I don’t quite get the charging infrastructure issue that all reviewers seem to point out. Seems like the Teslas clearly have the advantages but given the federal credit and the fact that I’m pretty sure people don’t road trip all the time just use the money saved and rent an ICE car for the trip. You will never be close to the 7.5k you just saved in rental cost...
If I'm going to spend this much money on a car I'm not trading it in for a crappy rental car for when the driving experience, ride, quiet, and assistance features most matter.

My favorite memory of my old car was flooring it doing a dangerous pass driving out of Zion, not shuttling myself to work and the grocery store.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If I'm going to spend this much money on a car I'm not trading it in for a crappy rental car for when the driving experience, ride, quiet, and assistance features most matter.

My favorite memory of my old car was flooring it doing a dangerous pass driving out of Zion, not shuttling myself to work and the grocery store.
Who says it needs to be crappy? My local Audi dealer is more than happy to rent you a Q7 for a week and it’s not even that expensive. Heck you can even rent a tesla on Turo if you really want to. 7.5k gets you a long way! Put the mileage on someone else’s car.

Reactions: ARK

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I'm not saving 7.5k though, I'm spending 50k on a wildly overequipped car for my commute. If I wanted to drive something else when driving is most fun I would buy something else.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
that is the American way lol. I can't tell you how many of my coworkers own brand new f-250 and don't haul or have a family. Just want a big truck.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Why the Mustang Mach E is better than the Tesla Model Y 2006 Monstrosity - 4000 HP, 0.05 MPG

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Fellas, the charging problems will get sorted out. Perhaps you've forgotten the basic rule of software: it changes all the time. True the charging performance was bad due to the temperature and lack of preconditioning, but to assume that can't be improved is to take a very narrow view.

Ford and EA will figure it out, and an OTA on the car or the charger will make it better. It might take some time, but it will happen. It is also clear that EA has only completing the first of 4 phases paid for by the VW settlement; the coverage will get much better too.

EV's are the future, and thanks to Tesla (and VW's sleazy tactics) the CCS charging network will reach parity with Tesla. Stressing over a snapshot of the state of things today is a waste of energy given that they are guaranteed to change.

Last edited:

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It’s actually incredible, Tesla’s market cap has gone from $663 billion to $773 billion just since New Year’s Eve as the stock price rose from $700 a share to $816 a share.

Ford’s market cap meanwhile is $35 billion. So just since last Thursday, when we were looking at the first MME get delivered in Dallas, Tesla has added not quite the equivalent of three Ford Motor Company’s to its value.

It’s stock price is deep in looney tunes land yet they are coming out with more economical models that will only depress their profit margins. Ford didn’t decide to kill off its non-suvs (except the mustang) because it was getting killer profit margins on its sedans. I agree that the market is forcing their hand and I don’t see how their stock valuation is sustainable.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
It’s actually incredible, Tesla’s market cap has gone from $663 billion to $773 billion just since New Year’s Eve as the stock price rose from $700 a share to $816 a share.
If someone thinks that Tesla is truly worth more than the next 7 biggest automakers in the world COMBINED, I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale :)

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
The thing with the RWD std range Y means that here in QC it might qualify for the incentive making the price on par with the MME where before it was more expensive.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The thing with the RWD std range Y means that here in QC it might qualify for the incentive making the price on par with the MME where before it was more expensive.
True but you still can’t get the Model Y with AWD with Quebec incentive though.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm not saving 7.5k though, I'm spending 50k on a wildly overequipped car for my commute. If I wanted to drive something else when driving is most fun I would buy something else.
You are compared to the Model Y though!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
True but you still can’t get the Model Y with AWD with Quebec incentive though.
Not sure its obviously too recent and will have to wait a few weeks for the site to be updated. Even the STD RWD might not qualify.

bobbobton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Not sure its obviously too recent and will have to wait a few weeks for the site to be updated. Even the STD RWD might not qualify.
Don’t see why not though. The MSRP is under 60k. That’s the only factor involved. There is no option to add AWD for the standard range and so only the long range has it and it’s 69k and not eligible for the incentive.