WiFi connection lost

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I am curious if anyone else lost WiFi connectivity in their car. My car has connected to the same WiFi for months. Yesterday I noticed it did not connect when I pulled into the garage. Sure enough the AP log says the last connection was at noon yesterday. I have tried re-adding it (both 2.4G and 5G). Each time it says “Sync unable to connect to <insert network name>“. Yes, the password is correct, that displays a different message if there is a problem. No, the wireless config did not change and none of the other dozen+ devices are having a problem. The car is parked 15 feet away from the AP through a drywall wall and reports the signal strength is excellent.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I am curious if anyone else lost WiFi connectivity in their car. My car has connected to the same WiFi for months. Yesterday I noticed it did not connect when I pulled into the garage. Sure enough the AP log says the last connection was at noon yesterday. I have tried re-adding it (both 2.4G and 5G). Each time it says “Sync unable to connect to <insert network name>“. Yes, the password is correct, that displays a different message if there is a problem. No, the wireless config did not change and none of the other dozen+ devices are having a problem. The car is parked 15 feet away from the AP through a drywall wall and reports the signal strength is excellent.
Did you try doing a Sync screen reset? I’ve had my WiFi go out a couple times and it usually comes back after a few key cycles

OP
OP
MailGuy

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Yes, rebooting sync and key cycles has not worked.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I had a similar problem with wifi among others. In my case the wifi was not connected and there were no way to see or select nearby wifi networks. Pressing the refresh button just made the screen flash but no list of nearby wifi networks was displayed.

I noticed when I was checking to make sure I had automatic OTA updates turned on.

Here is my thread:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/cant-activate-car-in-fordpass.19149/

In my case not only was my car no longer connecting to my home wifi, I was no longer getting the icon showing the car was connected to Ford/at&t.

I was missing both of these icons:
Ford Mustang Mach-E WiFi connection lost Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.20 AM
Ford Mustang Mach-E WiFi connection lost Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.28 AM

As a result when I tried to open the Connected Services tab nothing loaded.

I also found that I did not and still do not have any options associated with OTA updates.

It would be interesting to see if you have all the same issues or just a subset.

In my case I performed a master reset, well actually 5-6 master resets, and that brought back the vehicle data and wifi icons(I did not have to reenter my wifi password, the master reset is not much of a master reset) and the connected services tab.

I still do not have any options associated with turning on/off or scheduling OTA updates.

Ford reached out to me and gave me a case number and said I would hear from someone soon. I have not heard from anyone as of yet.