Will 2021 EVs have similar value as NonEVs in 2031 used market?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tim - I understand. I just wanted to point out that typical solar systems are not 10's of thousands of dollars. Also, once payback is reached, charging my car at home won't even cost me pennies - it will be FREE. Until then, it will only be pennies at most.
Perhaps I should have said "teens of thousands". Just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well. ?

They have come down in price, yes. This pegs the average cost at $15k-$25k, before various tax subsidies... https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/finance/solar-panel-cost

The precise amount wasn't my point though. As I said, depending on how you account for the costs to buy/install and how you allocate the payback. I'd average the costs over all the years that I'm using the panels, not just the first 7. Thus why I said it depends on how you choose to account for it. That's all.
Sponsored

Reactions: abr

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think a GT may hold the potential to retain its value more than the other trims mostly because the hardware has more room for performance improvement over time than the non-GTs.

If the GT is able to be tracked and has the cooling hardware and BMS to match, then it's possible we'll see quite the aftermarket support come alive for it.
Sponsored