Will Ford build different Mach-E body styles (2 door etc)?

SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
Ford seems to be going the direction of having the Mustang and other vehicles (like Bronco) spawn an entire line of models/sub-models with different body types.

Will we see a smaller 2 door Mach-E at some point or is the Mach-E strictly going after the Model Y? If they did would anyone buy it??

I'm thinking we will see a 4 door Mustang sedan at some point too and given Ford's direction it could be a BEV.
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I don't know if I see a huge market for a 2 door crossover. You lose a lot of the practicality with the loss of the two doors, and those in the market for a 2 door vehicle probably don't need the cargo capacity and will opt for something a little sportier like a coupe.

If the Market responds well to something other than a 2 door couple with the Mustang name, they may try and venture out into a 4 door electric Sedan that is Mustang inspired. However, the Mach E already has a ground clearance of a sedan, so not sure if that would pull in a lot of new buyers.

I bet an electric Mustang coupe will be the next thing on the menu.

I have seen a couple of articles around electric motorcycles recently. I didn't read any in depth, so may not know what I am talking about here. But if electric bikes have a lot of benefits over conventional motorcycles, I wonder if Ford would ever consider an electric motorcycle carrying the Mustang name and logo. Might be able to pull in a new group of buyers.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Ford ha already said there will be no baby Mach E but who know there maybe a Mustang Stallion E. I do think the next gen Mustang coupe will have a electric option.

OP
OP

SSman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3
Country flag
Not to stoke rumors but Ford actually didn't say no baby Mach-E unless I missed it. They said -

“There are no plans to offer an all-electric Mustang based on VW’s MEB architecture. We remain on track to offer one MEB-based fully electric car for our European customers and are considering a second vehicle. Beyond that, we don’t comment on speculation about future products.”

That still leaves open the possibility of a baby Mach-E based on another platform. Also Ford has said in the past said no before changing course so who knows?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Not to stoke rumors but Ford actually didn't say no baby Mach-E unless I missed it. They said -

“There are no plans to offer an all-electric Mustang based on VW’s MEB architecture. We remain on track to offer one MEB-based fully electric car for our European customers and are considering a second vehicle. Beyond that, we don’t comment on speculation about future products.”

That still leaves open the possibility of a baby Mach-E based on another platform. Also Ford has said in the past said no before changing course so who knows?
I agree. In fact, I read that to only say that Ford will not use the Mustang name on an MEB-based vehicle. That means that Ford may build other versions of the Mustang Mach E on other platforms or, what I think is more likely, that Ford can use the MEB platform to build other electric vehicle versions (as they already plan to do for at least one version in Europe) but just won’t call it a Mustang.
The statement from Ford only says they don’t plan to build an electric Mustang on the MEB platform.
Sponsored