Will Glass Roof be Bearable in the Florida Sun?

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
It's September, any recent reviews on the sunroof in Florida? I'm in south Florida and some years ago had complaints from the kids in the back seat of my 2013 Ford C-Max with a sunroof (and motorized shade).
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
So Tesmanian is taking pre-orders for their glass roof sunshade, they claim they will be shipping by the end of May:

https://www.tesmanian.com/collectio...ducts/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade

This is good news for those of us in AZ.
I have this installed and it fits nicely. I plan on leaving it in until the temps here in Georgia get consistently below 80 degrees. Like people said it doesn't really matter too much when driving and it's 90 degrees but my car is parked outside all day so didn't want to have the sun beating into the car all day

PMDGator

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE, C-Max
Country flag
It's September, any recent reviews on the sunroof in Florida? I'm in south Florida and some years ago had complaints from the kids in the back seat of my 2013 Ford C-Max with a sunroof (and motorized shade).
Hasn't been an issue for me. I keep the car in a garage at home so that helps, but I am in an exposed no shade parking lot at work and it hasn't been too uncomfortable. I do put a shade on the front window (when I think about it) but so far no real concerns about the roof.

Debangor

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for that. I have window film heat protection on my vehicles and it still lets lots of heat in, so was concerned about the Roof panel. Can you share how "Bright" the sun is inside? I haven't been to a Ford Dealer with a Mach-e so don't have a feel for the amount of light the Roof allows in at Peak Sunshine level.
It really isn’t that bright inside. You barely remember it is a glass roof as the sun does not hit your head from the front. I just bought a shade from Amazon that clips to attach it, so will see how that works once it arrives. I think in Florida it might make a difference.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In June and July I had my car in 110F to 118F temps. It was comfortable inside, but the inside of the glass roof was hot to the touch. The car never got uncomfortably hot. The AC easily cooled the car back down very quickly.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The roof is magic, you won’t have any issues. It’s been up to 113 here and I could barely feel heat on my head.

The biggest thing to be concerned about is getting ceramic tint on your lower glass, factory tint does not reject heat. So much heat comes in though those windows.

zeninfl

First Name
Zenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I'm seriously considering a Mach-e for when my Ford Ranger Lease ends next February. One area of concern I have is the Glass roof with no shade. I know it's too early to know how the Sun Hat penetration s going to affect these. but has anyone found a source for a dark tint or anything to darken the Rood panel?
I didn't feel a big difference on temperature (except after the car was parked for a while), but I decided to buy a sunshade (out from amazon for $55) for those hot days.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
The roof is magic, you won’t have any issues. It’s been up to 113 here and I could barely feel heat on my head.

The biggest thing to be concerned about is getting ceramic tint on your lower glass, factory tint does not reject heat. So much heat comes in though those windows.
I second this suggestion. I think the roof factory coatings do a great job of heat rejection. I added clear (80%) ceramic tint by Llumar to the front windshield and 35% (same product) on the front side windows. Those additions made a world of difference in heat rejection. I'm in central South Carolina, which feels like south Florida much of the time!

Superfly-Vic

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I have 2 MME’s and live in Miami… the protection is not enough. I went with 3M level 3 tint (ceramic coating) a t a darkness level of 15 … it made a huge difference

Deleted member 9461

if you want me to add the contact for a thermo shield, I can post, I got a bunch made for windows of my other EV's, had it custom made for the MACH E cause don't want our dog getting stressed. hold in place with hooks.

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
My other mache I tinted it. I was in ga and yes the heat got to me. After I had it tinted. Was much much better
Sponsored