Will MME parking assist back the car into a 2 car garage?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I saw a Youtube video of 2021 MME owner demonstrating hands free perpendicular parking assist. The car backed itself into the slot. Can this feature be used to back the MME into a 2-car garage with a short driveway? Does anyone have this kind of experience with this MME feature, yet?
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It can only put the car between 2 other parked cars. Though I haven’t tested this theory I don’t expect it to operate differently then other APA 2.0 Fords.

delacruz.c5d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium eAWD Extended Battery
Occupation
Horrible Golfer that can reboot a computer
Country flag
It can only put the car between 2 other parked cars. Though I haven’t tested this theory I don’t expect it to operate differently then other APA 2.0 Fords.
Dang, it would be nice if that worked backing my car into a single car garage door opening with a 90 degree turn into my driveway.

I have to pour some out every cook out for the fender car paint I've lost in all of the years...

OP
OP
Bigfeets

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Demo videos seem to be done in parking lots with painted lane markers and scattered parked vehicles. (Some park between 2 cars, next to 1 car, and no car on end. Can't tell if driver selects a slot or allows MME to pick the slot. Several videos show the "picked" slot has one car parked on one side. In a "parking assist" thread on this forum, there's an observation that the MME will choose a distant parking slot next to a curb when no parked vehicles are present. Another says the MME parking assist does not utilize lane markers.
I'm hoping my driveway (one car length long) can be selected slot and the side and interior wall of the garage will act as guides for the MME sensors and software.) After parking my manual transmission car in a garage for 16 years, I'm totally unfamiliar with any parking assist software or hardware so I'm trying to learn if this feature would actually be of use to me.
Sponsored

Last edited: