Will my Mach e ever get here? How do I find out info?

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
I took over for somebody else's February order of a Mach E, Premium, Extended Range, AWD in March. It was "built" on July 13, but then evidently pulled for a chip hold on July 17. I have no new information since then. I don't get emails from Ford because I wasn't the original person who ordered. My Salesman has been great, but says he sees no new information on his end. So I have several questions:
1.) Will my Mach e ever get here?
2.) How do I find out more information on it? The Ford tracker says it will be here end of October, but it had also said it would be here end of August which didn't happen. There is no date under "built" which people have told me means it isn't finished. I have talked to all kinds of people at Ford (social media, marketing, etc.) and none of them know anything.
3.) Why do I see so many people with orders well after me getting their vehicles?

Sorry for the frustrated rant.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I took over for somebody else's February order of a Mach E, Premium, Extended Range, AWD in March. It was "built" on July 13, but then evidently pulled for a chip hold on July 17. I have no new information since then. I don't get emails from Ford because I wasn't the original person who ordered. My Salesman has been great, but says he sees no new information on his end. So I have several questions:
2.) How do I find out more information on it? The Ford tracker says it will be here end of October, but it had also said it would be here end of August which didn't happen. There is no date under "built" which people have told me means it isn't finished. I have talked to all kinds of people at Ford (social media, marketing, etc.) and none of them know anything.
3.) Why do I see so many people with orders well after me getting their vehicles?

1. Yes
2. Call your dealer. But if waiting on parts, they get there when they get there.
3. GT orders got production priority. Probably so Ford could stick to their “late summer” promise

3b- probably faster to keep the production lines moving with chips installed than spit out more “Unchipped cars” or to stop the production lines to put chips in the existing unchipped cars. I’m guessing one process is completely separate from the other.

4. bonus answer- if tired of waiting keep searching for a dealer with a cancelled order in stock and buy at MSRP or x plan.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If you have the VIN number and order number there are a couple of trackers here that can help tell you where the car is at in general terms and it’s status. Otherwise ask your dealer for a Vehicle Visibility Report. Your sales guy might not know how to get one, but his boss will.

In general, once the car is loaded onto train , it’ll take two weeks to reach Kansas City, Mo. From there it’ll probably go via truck to another railroad’s Kansas City Depot, then train to somewhere roughly near you. Then truck to the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
1. Yes
2. Call your dealer. But if waiting on parts, they get there when they get there.
3. GT orders got production priority. Probably so Ford could stick to their “late summer” promise

3b- probably faster to keep the production lines moving with chips installed than spit out more “Unchipped cars” or to stop the production lines to put chips in the existing unchipped cars. I’m guessing one process is completely separate from the other.

4. bonus answer- if tired of waiting keep searching for a dealer with a cancelled order in stock and buy at MSRP or x plan.
Salesman says he sees no update on his end. He says it is on chip hold.

I have been searching for 7 months for dealers with cancelled orders. No luck so far.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
If you have the VIN number and order number there are a couple if trackers here that can help tell you where the car is at and it’s status. Otherwise ask your dealer for a Vehicle Visibility Report. Your sales guy might not know how to get one, but his boss will.

In general, once the car is loaded onto train , it’ll take two week to reach Kansas City, Mo. From there it’ll probably go via truck to another railroad’s Kansas City Depot, then train to somewhere roughly near you. Then truck to the dealer.
Yep, I use the VIN and order number on the ford Tracker. That told me for months that the car would be here end of August. I believed it and it was wrong.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
It doesn’t seem like ford is going in order clearing the the chip holds, it also depends on which module they are actually waiting for.
My MME built the same week as yours was put on a train last week so there’s still hope.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

You are not alone. If it makes you feel any better, I am in the exact same situation with a build date one day behind yours. As I said in another thread, Ford is doing what is convenient for Ford (when parts arrive vehicles currently on the production line get priority) rather than what is fair to the customer (first in first out), as vehicles with production dates six weeks after mine have been shipped to dealers in my area. It is what it is, Ford is hardly the only company doing this. It is a bit weird though when some folks who don't even work for Ford get all defensive when others talk about it. ? Never tried to find any abandoned orders in my area, I am just not in a rush to be the first one on the block to own a Mach-E - as much as my order has been delayed, it will still likely be the first one on my street (where there are three Teslas), given that I have seen a Mach-E in the wild only once in my area. I actually see ID.4's on the road more often.

Hang in there, your order will arrive eventually, just as mine will do as well!

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Im in Texas and have not even seen one on the road

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Salesman says he sees no update on his end. He says it is on chip hold.

I have been searching for 7 months for dealers with cancelled orders. No luck so far.
Does it have to be new? I know of a dealership with a used First Edition that I can vouch was well taken care of. However it's like 14 hours from Orlando. : )

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

It doesn’t help you, but, I ordered my Mach E Premium AWD ER on 02/17/21, it was built 07/16/21, and I received it on 08/31/21. My car probably was built with the last chips! To boot it’s Infinite Blue Metallic, a color no longer available.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
It doesn’t seem like ford is going in order clearing the the chip holds, it also depends on which module they are actually waiting for.
My MME built the same week as yours was put on a train last week so there’s still hope.
How did you find out it was on a train? Did the Ford tracker get updated?

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
You are not alone. If it makes you feel any better, I am in the exact same situation with a build date one day behind yours. As I said in another thread, Ford is doing what is convenient for Ford (when parts arrive vehicles currently on the production line get priority) rather than what is fair to the customer (first in first out), as vehicles with production dates six weeks after mine have been shipped to dealers in my area. It is what it is, Ford is hardly the only company doing this. It is a bit weird though when some folks who don't even work for Ford get all defensive when others talk about it. ? Never tried to find any abandoned orders in my area, I am just not in a rush to be the first one on the block to own a Mach-E - as much as my order has been delayed, it will still likely be the first one on my street (where there are three Teslas), given that I have seen a Mach-E in the wild only once in my area. I actually see ID.4's on the road more often.

Hang in there, your order will arrive eventually, just as mine will do as well!
Good to know I am not alone. Still very frustrating though!

My issue is that I bought a Tesla Model Y a year ago. It hurts me ears (sounds dumb I know, but google it and you will see it does happen) so I want to get rid of it. Right now the value is sky high. I'm worried by the time the Mach E gets here the value will be lower and I don't know how much more my ears can take.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
How did you find out it was on a train? Did the Ford tracker get updated?
You get an email from Ford that says it shipped and they also note an ETA for delivery.

I got that email a few days ago.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
You get an email from Ford that says it shipped and they also note an ETA for delivery.

I got that email a few days ago.
Since I took over somebody else's order, I don't get the emails. Is that information on the tracker anywhere? Palsapp? How would I know if mine was shipped?