Will my Mach e ever get here? How do I find out info?

kwkslvr

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT, a few others
Occupation
Business Owner / Engineer
Country flag
This is insane. Delivery just now pushed out to 12/31 from 10/31. My MME is a GT in RR that went into production on August 17 and was put on chip hold. Ordered 4/28/21 and reserved in June of 2020 with $500. @ Ford online. All of this for absolutrly nothing. Worst car buying experience of my life!
Sponsored

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
That stinks. How much deprioritized? I'm currently waiting 8 months, looking like it will be 9 at the earliest. Other people waited 5 months.

I really wish Ford would communicate better.
Well I picked up an order that was originally from May for August. Buyer cancelled so I picked up the order... End Date was changed to October then N/A then blank... then N/A again. And now behold:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will my Mach e ever get here? How do I find out info? Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.49.59 PM

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well I picked up an order that was originally from May for August. Buyer cancelled so I picked up the order... End Date was changed to October then N/A then blank... then N/A again. And now behold:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will my Mach e ever get here? How do I find out info? Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.49.59 PM
Maybe they will throw in another 250kWh of free charging at EA?

If you were going to pick up an abandoned order, why did you have to pick that particular production week? o_O I know multiple vehicles built that week are stuck in the chip hold purgatory, including mine. I also know of vehicles built in the previous week as well as at the end of July that were shipped long ago. Obviously Ford's way of dealing with parts shortage is to use the limited supply on vehicles currently on the assembly line and those scheduled in the near future, if there is anything left they will work on the backlog in the holding lot. As I pointed out in another thread, this is the expedient thing to do for Ford's bottom line but unfair for customers waiting for their orders. Then some Ford apologists jumped in to argue that we can't expect Ford to take a "bloodbath" for their supply chain problems.

My order originally showed an ETA of 8/22-8/28 when production started, it stayed that way well into September before changing to 10/25-10/31. This evening it changed to 11/12-11/18. I have no idea if the latest ETA is the result of someone throwing a dart at the calendar, or they are actually working through the backlog now. It takes about four weeks between ship date and delivery to my area dealers, so for the latest date range to be realistic they will have to ship my order within a week.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
Maybe they will throw in another 250kWh of free charging at EA?

If you were going to pick up an abandoned order, why did you have to pick that particular production week? o_O I know multiple vehicles built that week are stuck in the chip hold purgatory, including mine. I also know of vehicles built in the previous week as well as at the end of July that were shipped long ago. Obviously Ford's way of dealing with parts shortage is to use the limited supply on vehicles currently on the assembly line and those scheduled in the near future, if there is anything left they will work on the backlog in the holding lot. As I pointed out in another thread, this is the expedient thing to do for Ford's bottom line but unfair for customers waiting for their orders. Then some Ford apologists jumped in to argue that we can't expect Ford to take a "bloodbath" for their supply chain problems.

My order originally showed an ETA of 8/22-8/28 when production started, it stayed that way well into September before changing to 10/25-10/31. This evening it changed to 11/12-11/18. I have no idea if the latest ETA is the result of someone throwing a dart at the calendar, or they are actually working through the backlog now. It takes about four weeks between ship date and delivery to my area dealers, so for the latest date range to be realistic they will have to ship my order within a week.
There was a great post on this forum that had a couple of methods that I hadn't seen before to see if your car was on a chip hold. Thank God, my car passed both of those methods, so I am now a bit optimistic. Have you all tried those methods?

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag

Alas.... Thanksgiving!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will my Mach e ever get here? How do I find out info? 1633606141504

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So it was the second scenario: they had been working on my vehicle when the latest ETA change came through yesterday. A few minutes ago my order status switched to "Built" and I received an email confirmation. The trackers haven't caught up yet, but I expect Built and Shipped dates will be populated in the coming days.

Hopefully you guys with the same ETA date range are in the same batch.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Received shipping confirmation by email early this morning. Looks like the backlog of July builds is finally clearing up. Good luck to everyone waiting for their order!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Received shipping confirmation by email early this morning. Looks like the backlog of July builds is finally clearing up. Good luck to everyone waiting for their order!
My Premium AWD ER was ordered 02/12/21, built on 07/16/21, and rec'd by me on 08/31/21. I think my build was prioritized since it is Infinite Blue and they wanted to finish paint to discontinue the color. BTW, its a beautiful color.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
My Premium AWD ER was ordered 02/12/21, built on 07/16/21, and rec'd by me on 08/31/21. I think my build was prioritized since it is Infinite Blue and they wanted to finish paint to discontinue the color. BTW, its a beautiful color.
This is why i am frustrated with Ford. Mine was built on July 13, pulled for a chip hold on July 17 and i don't have it yet. Maybe you are right that it was paint? Maybe they ran out of chips right after they built yours?

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is why i am frustrated with Ford. Mine was built on July 13, pulled for a chip hold on July 17 and i don't have it yet. Maybe you are right that it was paint? Maybe they ran out of chips right after they built yours?
Now we have the person to blame for the whole July backlog, @ChuckA!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm taking over a cancelled order that also seems to be stuck in chip hold (built 7/13). There must be a large number of Mach-E built mid-July stuck in some lot. The dealer also told me they have 115 Bronco orders (all expected in 2021) and only 5 have been filled due to chip shortages. Yikes.

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
I'm taking over a cancelled order that also seems to be stuck in chip hold (built 7/13). There must be a large number of Mach-E built mid-July stuck in some lot. The dealer also told me they have 115 Bronco orders (all expected in 2021) and only 5 have been filled due to chip shortages. Yikes.
It looks like mine finally got the chip on 10/7. Several other people on this forum have July builds that finally got the chips. Yours doesn't have a chip yet?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It looks like mine finally got the chip on 10/7. Several other people on this forum have July builds that finally got the chips. Yours doesn't have a chip yet?
I saw a "10/8" Shipped date on the tracker but since I'm not the original orderer I don't get the e-mails. Do you have an ETA when it will arrive in Orlando? (I notice your location).

OP
OP

ScottMcCool

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Premium AWD ER MME
Country flag
I saw a "10/8" Shipped date on the tracker but since I'm not the original orderer I don't get the e-mails. Do you have an ETA when it will arrive in Orlando? (I notice your location).
We are in very similar situations! Both took over an order so we don't get the emails. Both in central Florida! My ship date is also 10/8 so i am guessing our cars are on the same train. Who is your dealer?

The tracker says 11/16 to 11/22 for me, but somebody posted that because of the chip shortage, they aren't shipping as many cars and they are getting place 2 weeks early
Sponsored