Will the 12V Battery Charge While the High-Voltage Battery is Charging?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 12v battery is capable of being charged while the vehicle is plugged in and the main battery is charging? I know plugging in can charge the 12v, but can this happen while the high-voltage battery itself is charging, or does it somehow switch between them once the HVB is done charging?

To get to the crux of my question, if I plug into a L2 charger, can I stay inside and keep accessory mode on for an hour+ and be doing things in the car (i.e. radio on, climate control on, using the wifi hotspot) or might this drain the 12v battery if I do it for a couple of hours?

I assume the 12v can simultaneously charge while the HVB is charging when I am plugged in, but I wanted to check so I don’t inadvertently drain my 12v while hanging out in my Mach-E.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep. Both the LVB and HVB are capable of being charged at the same time. ?

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Yep. Both the LVB and HVB are capable of being charged at the same time. ?
I know this is an old thread but I think I saw this happening last night using the widget tool. The LVB SOC was showing 15v at the same time the HVB was being charged in my garage. I’ve never seen any indication of this happening while in the Fordpass app.
Sponsored