Will the 2022 GT/GTPE be faster than 2021 model?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I’m wondering if you think when the 2022 GTs start showing up if they’ll be faster.

My theory: they should come with all the latest software updates. 91 kWh battery, possibly a 10
Second boost, faster charging etc.

And much like how Ford didn’t say squat about job 2 cars last year, they haven’t said much about 2022 cars.

My hope is that all the OTA stuff we are hoping for for 2021 just shows up for 2022, then we get it later OTA. Thoughts?
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We shall see.....

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
We already know about the charge curve change. The rest? Dunno. ?‍♂?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Doubt it....2022 order banks already closed....they are selling more than they can produce. There's not a lot for them to gain from making them faster. If they do make them faster...I'm betting it's going to be very...very minor.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And you think they would advertise an increase as it seems to be a big point on their web site for the GT. From what I have gleaned from the forum I would think it will take a bit more time, experience, and battery tech upgrades before Ford would tweak speed. Personally I would hope they work on power delivery limitations before messing with speed.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I'm picking up mine this week. I'll let you know. But I'm not optimistic on the 10secs. From all the discussion, it seems to be a hardware issue and not software. Ford just doesn't have enough sensors to monitor all the components hence they are being overly cautious. That's not going to change for a big company like Ford. All the bad reviews (regarding the 5 sec limitation) are out there already. Can't hurt Ford anymore.

My guess is in a year or two they'll come out with a beef up GT500 special edition with more cooling and extend the 5 sec limit. Of course that comes with a "premium"

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Doubt it....2022 order banks already closed....they are selling more than they can produce. There's not a lot for them to gain from making them faster. If they do make them faster...I'm betting it's going to be very...very minor.
Order banks are still open until at least the 22nd and even then GT orders banks will most likely stay open.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And you think they would advertise an increase as it seems to be a big point on their web site for the GT. From what I have gleaned from the forum I would think it will take a bit more time, experience, and battery tech upgrades before Ford would tweak speed. Personally I would hope they work on power delivery limitations before messing with speed.
Not necessarily. They didn’t advertise (and still don’t even acknowledge) the 5 second limit.

If they remove it, it won’t change advertised 0-60 nor advertised peak hp and tq.

Hopefully as the 2022s start showing up people can test it all for us.

Honestly, the fact that they DON’T advertise it is what gives me hope that it will change.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Not necessarily. They didn’t advertise (and still don’t even acknowledge) the 5 second limit.

If they remove it, it won’t change advertised 0-60 nor advertised peak hp and tq.

Hopefully as the 2022s start showing up people can test it all for us.

Honestly, the fact that they DON’T advertise it is what gives me hope that it will change.
Actually they do acknowledge it, right on Ford.com:

Fully depressing the accelerator pedal activates the boost power, which is available for about five seconds. We’ve provided a power gauge to graphically show you when maximum power is available, how much of that available power you are using at any given time, and how much power you’re regenerating during deceleration events.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...021-mustang-mach-e-gt-product-specifications/

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually they do acknowledge it, right on Ford.com:

Fully depressing the accelerator pedal activates the boost power, which is available for about five seconds. We’ve provided a power gauge to graphically show you when maximum power is available, how much of that available power you are using at any given time, and how much power you’re regenerating during deceleration events.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...021-mustang-mach-e-gt-product-specifications/
Well that’s new. Or at least it’s been so well hidden that no one found it. When/where did you first see this?

And I read all hundreds of pages posted here complaining about the limit and how Ford didn’t acknowledge it.

In fact until what you posted, the only ever official Ford reference I’ve seen was last summer a small disclaimer on a Ford Europe press release.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
That's the first I heard of "boost mode" also.

I wish someone would race a AWD ER and a GT from roll starting at 72mph and see which one would be faster. We know that FORD cuts power above 72mph even when cruising on the hwy. The question is how much.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's the first I heard of "boost mode" also.

I wish someone would race a AWD ER and a GT from roll starting at 72mph and see which one would be faster. We know that FORD cuts power above 72mph even when cruising on the hwy. The question is how much.
I want to see that as well, but we already know the GT will be faster.

Source: people who used to own an AWD ER and now own GTs.

The only time we have seen a situation where the GT is slower is above 100 mph when starting at zero.

But lining that race up would be near impossible. Would have to give the AWD ER a 5 car + head start and time it so they meet each other right when both hit 100 mph. Then the race would have to end at 113 mph when the AWD ER hits top speed.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I want to see that as well, but we already know the GT will be faster.

Source: people who used to own an AWD ER and now own GTs.

The only time we have seen a situation where the GT is slower is above 100 mph when starting at zero.

But lining that race up would be near impossible. Would have to give the AWD ER a 5 car + head start and time it so they meet each other right when both hit 100 mph. Then the race would have to end at 113 mph when the AWD ER hits top speed.
not really. Just need to get dragy, and do each car independently. Start at 72mph when the bar shows up and accelerate to 110. See how long it takes.

We know that the GT cut power above 72mph whether you're just cruising at 72 then decide to accelerate to pass, or if you've started from 0. I just want to know if the cutoff is the same amount. I.e. based on speed, or heat generated.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Well that’s new. Or at least it’s been so well hidden that no one found it. When/where did you first see this?

And I read all hundreds of pages posted here complaining about the limit and how Ford didn’t acknowledge it.

In fact until what you posted, the only ever official Ford reference I’ve seen was last summer a small disclaimer on a Ford Europe press release.
I stumbled across it in the last month because I was researching some more info on the GTPE before I bought it.

Not sure when this was first posted on Ford.com, but the fact they call it a “boost” maybe gives hope they can improve it to 7 seconds or 9 seconds, etc.

And I know this may sound silly, but I *wonder* if the reduction of power only comes on if the pedal is completely pressed down. That’s how their wording makes it seem, but that’s a literal reading of it. But would be interesting to see if a *near*-pedal down acceleration would not kick in the 5 second max power and instead allow near full power but unlimited.
Sponsored