Will the Mach GT have line lock..?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I am serious considering getting a Mach E GT or SVO version after seeing Stangmode's video. There was some encouraging tidbits dropped and I am all about street performance and can possible get over the horrendous cellphone dash (someone PM'd me about being able to put a black cloth over the huge display, if it bugged me), or even blot it out when I drive/etc, otherwise I couldn't take driving serious in it..

As such, this car is a near dream car for me, and ultra enticing for someone who wants a all-around performance vehicle, for daily driving and weekend track events.

The one thing that is putting me off about the Mach E is... if it's too docile and proper...? Can you do donuts, or throw the ass end out..? I want to be able to do burnouts and drift...

Will the Mach GT have driving modes for magneride, or line lock... ? (Or will those be part of the Ford Performance "upgrades/unlocks" hinted at in Stangmode's video..? )

ed: This is line lock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I think this is where over the air updates will help as everyone is different I thought the drift mode was a pointless addition to the focus RS the same as all the juvenile pops and bangs and a waste of resources.

In the end I found the focus RS quite a let down and would have preferred if had got a sprinkle of wheeler magic and been a proper 21st century replacement for my cossies of old while others loved the drift mode and all the manufactured pops and bangs.

With every module being able to be updated rather than cater to one group it should allow all sorts of peoples tastes to be covered from refined to hooligan. Give them time and I am sure they can even add a crash while exiting car meet option for the full mustang experience lol

OP
OP

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I think this is where over the air updates will help as everyone is different I thought the drift mode was a pointless addition to the focus RS the same as all the juvenile pops and bangs and a waste of resources.

In the end I found the focus RS quite a let down and would have preferred if had got a sprinkle of wheeler magic and been a proper 21st century replacement for my cossies of old while others loved the drift mode and all the manufactured pops and bangs.

With every module being able to be updated rather than cater to one group it should allow all sorts of peoples tastes to be covered from refined to hooligan. Give them time and I am sure they can even add a crash while exiting car meet option for the full mustang experience lol
The Focus RS was the longest test Drive I ever did. I really wanted it, but the AWD system wasn't biased enough rearward. I even had an argument with one of the engineers who designed it, knowing it should have had better clutch packs, and better diff, etc.

The Mach GT AWD is propelled differently and everything we know, no longer matters. With 2 electric motors the Mach GT can have any torque bias it needs/wants instantly...

So being a hooligan will come down to how much the Ford Engineers will allow this new Pony to Kick and buck...

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I don't want my car doing any jankie drifts or burnouts. I want it to prevent tire destroying wheel slid and spin. Its faster if it doesn't, This is a good argument for autonomous driving and outlawing manual driving all together. The time will come.