William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Future Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Here’s the situation, I am waiting on a house sale to close to be able to purchase a MME. As Ford had stated for MY21 they are only producing 50k of these vehicles. I know pure speculation at this point but what is the thought of when those will run out?

-
MajorGearhead
Sponsored

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
There won't be anything on your credit report until you actually buy the car (beside the $500 deposit) because you haven't put any financing in place, so unless you're not closing for a few months, I wouldn't think there's a risk of ordering now.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The Chief Engineer for the Mach E was quoted in the New York Times a couple of weeks ago as saying that the 50,000 units Ford plans to build in 2021 are spoken for - see here (near end of article).

But frankly, if I was ordering today, I might hope my order would turn into a 2022 model year Mach E. I think there is a very high likelihood they will add color options, might add a few choices for some smaller options, and could potentially revise a thing or two if they realize people are having issues on the 2021 model year Mach Es.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Here’s the situation, I am waiting on a house sale to close to be able to purchase a MME. As Ford had stated for MY21 they are only producing 50k of these vehicles. I know pure speculation at this point but what is the thought of when those will run out?

-
MajorGearhead
Put your order in. It will not affect your score until you buy it. If you want it you need to get an order in.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

-
MajorGearhead
As noted, MY21 is essentially spoken for. There are always a small percentage of cancellations of reservations/orders, though.

I don't believe there will be a gap between the end of MY21 and the start of MY22, hopefully. At any rate, if you made a reservation today you would likely have a long wait to get a car.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My friend's lease on his BMW is up in Aug and his dealer told him to order now in hope of receiving the car by Sept. He placed his order last week...
Sponsored