Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anybody been able to get their windshield and roof glass fixed yet on the recall? My dealer is unresponsive to my call other to say “We don’t do glass.”

sitting at Bill Pierre ford and Dealers Autoglass they are starting the recall now
Sponsored

Last edited:

Imkayla88

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Hi I am in Florida but called a dealership to schedule it. They told me they will have to schedule me and then call a third party to come do the work. I forget the name of who she said will come do it. But they were willing to schedule me as early as next week.

Illahee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anybody been able to get their windshield and roof glass fixed yet on the recall? My dealer is unresponsive to my call other to say “We don’t do glass.”
Yesterday I dropped my MME off at the Bellevue dealer where I first received the car. They said it would be sent to a "glass shop" for the repairs and it could take 4 or 5 days. They provided me with a complimentary rental car.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Yesterday I dropped my MME off at the Bellevue dealer where I first received the car. They said it would be sent to a "glass shop" for the repairs and it could take 4 or 5 days. They provided me with a complimentary rental car.
Did it get done?
Last time I scheduled there they neglected to tell me they couldn’t do the work till I was on my way to them

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did it get done?
Last time I scheduled there they neglected to tell me they couldn’t do the work till I was on my way to them
called several times again. Never got a call back

Illahee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 1986 Mercedes Benz 560 SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
called several times again. Never got a call back
I dropped it off last Friday morning and haven't heard anything yet but the glass shop presumably has only had it for about 2-1/2 days. I let you know when I get it back. Hopefully this week.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Find a dealer that has a body shop attached. Mine got mine done with 2 days notice. Dropped the car off Monday morning. Had it back Monday Evening. Both windshield and pano roof were resealed.

CeramicShark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I tried to take it to the Kirkland Ford dealer (Where I got the car). They didn't bother to tell me until I got there they didn't have the parts.

Scheduled an appointment in Issaquah. Called to check on that one the day before and they told me they had no parts so they rescheduled for two weeks after Ford said they would ship the parts. I took my car last week to that appointment but got told when I arrived that their body shop hadn't had a chance to do it once to practice on a stock car so they wouldn't do customer cars.

I was advised to wait until January or February. Their advise was "Do you want to be one of the first they do and learn on?".

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Their advise was "Do you want to be one of the first they do and learn on?".
Advice

I told my dealer I do not want to be the guinea pig. Mine's in this week for some bodywork and the courtesy software upgrade and NOT the windshield / roof, which I will put off until next year.

Hoovertac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Mustang Shelby, 20 Escape, 21 Mach E
Occupation
Crisis Intervention
Country flag
Appointment scheduled for 12/31.

When I initially went to Titus/Will in Tacoma they were Ernest & asked me to come back in a few days so they could get a better grasp on the recall details...(a few days later)... they scheduled an appointment for 12/31 to address the glass and install software. Don't really feel like I need the glass recall. Things seem fine in that department. I pushed back slightly explaining that the windshield was already replaced last month due to a rock...LTS...bringing the car in anyway as I don't want it to look like I was knowingly ignoring recall notices.

beymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
Has anyone in the Bellevue/Seattle area got their windshield recall taken care of? I called the dealership in Issaquah a few weeks ago and never heard back. Not in a rush, just wondering which place does a good job if anyone's already gone through this.

thanks!

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Has anyone in the Bellevue/Seattle area got their windshield recall taken care of? I called the dealership in Issaquah a few weeks ago and never heard back. Not in a rush, just wondering which place does a good job if anyone's already gone through this.

thanks!
Dropped mine off in Bellevue today. Said it’d be a week

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The body shop that was going to schedule mine said they would most likely have the car for a month because the glass typically breaks and parts are not available. I haven't called back to see if they finished the one they had in their shop last month.