Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Just thought I would share my experience so far in trying to get my windshield replaced. I've been driving around with a crack that goes across the entire windshield ever since I got back from my Death Valley trip 2 weeks ago. I went through the online process with Geico and made an appointment at my local Safelite. When I got there I told them that I had the new electric Mustang and to please double check to see if they had the right windsheild. I was assured multiple times that the windshield was correct. They took my car to the back and came out 1 minute later to tell me it was the wrong windshield. They ordered the windshield for the 2-door ICE Mustang.

Apparently the information they got from Geico had me listed as having an ICE Mustang. I called Geico to let them know they had the wrong vehicle listed. Geico reverified the VIN, which was correct, but for some reason they dont have the Mach-E in their system yet or something. I was told as long as the VIN was correct then the policy would be correct even though my policy shows I have the wrong vehicle.

So, I'm sharing this as a warning to save you guys trouble in the future.

Safelite couldn't tell me if they could get the correct windshield in any reasonable amount of time because its a new vehicle, COVID, etc., etc., so my preliminary replacement date has been pushed back another 2 weeks.
Sponsored

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
I had my windshield replaced (Geico and Safelite) in April, I didn't have any issues. It did take them some time to source the windshield, but they called me and let me know that it was 10 days to get the part in and they could schedule me 2 weeks out, I double checked with them letting them know it wasn't a regular mustang and they informed me they pulled up the vin and ordered a replacement windshield from ford directly based off that information.

I think safelite screwed up for you and just saw "2021 mustang" and assumed they were good with in stock, rather then actually verifying via the vin. Unfortunate but human error :/.

Geico also doesn't have my vehicle listed properly, It actually says to check my vin when I log in, but they have also assured me I am covered!

Also I see you are in elk grove, the safelite in Marysville did my replacement and they were awesome!

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I waited 4 weeks for Safelite to get a windshield. When it arrived, we made an appointment to install it. I took a day off work, went down, and dropped the car off. Walked to a restaurant down the road for breakfast, and got a call about 45 minutes later from Safelite… the new windshield had a crack in it, but fortunately they hadn’t begun removing my old one before they noticed it. I am currently waiting on them getting another part.

I’m at 5 weeks driving around with a cracked windshield, and I have no idea how much longer it’s gonna be.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I waited 4 weeks for Safelite to get a windshield. When it arrived, we made an appointment to install it. I took a day off work, went down, and dropped the car off. Walked to a restaurant down the road for breakfast, and got a call about 45 minutes later from Safelite… the new windshield had a crack in it, but fortunately they hadn’t begun removing my old one before they noticed it. I am currently waiting on them getting another part.

I’m at 5 weeks driving around with a cracked windshield, and I have no idea how much longer it’s gonna be.
Welp, I'll get ready for my horrible experience.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Welp, I'll get ready for my horrible experience.
Hopefully yours goes more smoothly.

I just don’t understand how the repair/replacement parts channel is still so empty.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Just had a huge crack in mine too right in the black area and now spider webbing to the top of the roof. It grew over 6 inches over night. Safelite says they can get in a new one by August 5th. Fingers crossed.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Windshield Replacement Experience 20210728_151925
Sponsored