mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
Got a good 'ol crack in the windshield before my first finance payment. Most likely need a replacement as the crack is near a corner. Insurance covers it 0 deductive through Safelite, but haven't been too happy with their work/product in the past.

Any suggestions or things to look out for when getting the windshield replaced? Is this double pane glass?

Passenger side, top corner. Grew a little bit since yesterday.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Windshield Replacement? 1638730912887
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Deductible...

Safelite did a great job on my F-150.

It's a windshield that's unique to the Mach-E, infrared reflective. Since yours isn't involved in the recall, just ensure that they replace it with OEM glass.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You may be able to have it filled rather than replacing the windshield, especially since it's so far away from your main driver vision area.

Safelite has been fine for me. Maybe try a different location or use a different vendor. Most insurance doesn't require you to use Safelite.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You may be able to have it filled rather than replacing the windshield, especially since it's so far away from your main driver vision area.

Safelite has been fine for me. Maybe try a different location or use a different vendor. Most insurance doesn't require you to use Safelite.
Agree. Try and have it filled if possible.

My windshield cracked on day 3. Took several weeks to order and then I was without the car for a week due to a mixup at the dealership.

I have another stone impact crack again and just haven't had time to get it fixed yet. I had it filled but it really needs to be replaced since the damage is fairly massive. :(

OP
OP
mwsno

mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to get it filled, but if they can't I'll make sure it's replaced with OEM glass.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I am also needing to get a crack filled after a rock hit mine over Thanksgiving weekend. Does anyone know if there will be any issues with the integrity of the glass or the fill/repair when they go to do the windshield recall work? Should I wait to have it filled until after the recall work is done or will there be any increased risk of breakage during the recall work because of the crack - filled or not?

20211206_073745.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Whenever you get one of these small rock-damage craters in the windshield, get it filled fast. Once it starts to spread you have no choice but to replace the windshield. With the recall coming up, get it filled and it will hold you over until you get the recall work done.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would have this filled if possible.

If the glass cracks during the recall labor, then Ford is instructing the dealer to replace your windshield. The material and labor for that are covered by the recall.
The recall includes checking the windshield for damage. They may even replace the windshield automatically if it has a chip repair.
Sponsored