First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
It‘s one that hasn’t been released yet.
This is something worthwhile and urgently needed since the slider controls are difficult to use and distracting while driving,

Electrifiedsince2013

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE, 2020 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
health care
Country flag
Actually, the ”inside” button is about 4 inches lower than the “outside” button when the lift gate is up, making it operable by people who are a bit vertically challenged. Personally (as a Poodle of reasonable stature) I don‘t need it, but I know several people who would. 😊🐩
I need the inside button…otherwise I can’t reach 😉

dmorn22

First Name
Daniel Mornis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e gt
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Does anyone know if plugging in will always shift climate control from battery powered to plug powered? I use the ford scheduling to charge at night and I don't remember seeing any draw from my wall charger in the mornings before I leave.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Does anyone know if plugging in will always shift climate control from battery powered to plug powered? I use the ford scheduling to charge at night and I don't remember seeing any draw from my wall charger in the mornings before I leave.
I know that when I disconnect in the morning when my car is on scheduled departure time my EVSE is supplying power to the car. I can hear its contactors pop open shortly after I push the latch button on my charge handle. On weekends, I do not hear the contactors in my EVSE (since my departure schedule is weekdays only). 🤔🐩

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
Winter is coming! Here's how to get the most out of your Mustang Mach-E's climate control system:

Thanks for posing this. We have owned our MME for a year now and we used the front windshield defroster for the first time yesterday. It was very rainy, and the temperature dropped to 52, Brrr! Hey, we live in Florida!!!!!

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
It's driven by regulatory pressure to have a physical defrost button as a backup in case the screen fails while driving. If they didn't also put a defrost button on the screen with the other controls, someone else would complain it's missing. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
I just want the freaking recirculate button on the screen somewhere. The main screen has so much wasted space, it really has room for improvement.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
When driving old, air-cooled VWs, scraping the inside of the windshield while driving was pretty normal.
We just rolled down the window and stuck our head out like dogs. I don't remember what the heater configuration was in our '61, but whatever it was it didn't do crap. Still miss that car.

As for "emergency defrost" I've definitely had cases in multiple vehicles where the car started fogging very quickly while driving and I needed to grope for the max defrost button. Trying to remember the situations - I think mostly while either ascending or descending a pass and going through rapidly changing conditions, usually after the car was already warmed up (so the fan was on low). That said, I haven't had to hit the button yet on my MachE - we'll see if this winter leads to an "emergency max defrost" situation. I haven't received the 3.6.1 update yet so still on "HVAC classic".

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
We just rolled down the window and stuck our head out like dogs. I don't remember what the heater configuration was in our '61, but whatever it was it didn't do crap. Still miss that car.

As for "emergency defrost" I've definitely had cases in multiple vehicles where the car started fogging very quickly while driving and I needed to grope for the max defrost button. Trying to remember the situations - I think mostly while either ascending or descending a pass and going through rapidly changing conditions, usually after the car was already warmed up (so the fan was on low). That said, I haven't had to hit the button yet on my MachE - we'll see if this winter leads to an "emergency max defrost" situation. I haven't received the 3.6.1 update yet so still on "HVAC classic".
Ha! I remember sticking my head out the window as well. Good way to hit a parked car as it was really hard to tell where the passenger side was! 😄😄

dmorn22

First Name
Daniel Mornis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e gt
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thanks. Oh yeah, look at that. Next time I'll check the EVSE to see how many amps it pulls.
I only have one scheduled departure a week. My schedule is really inconsistent and not compatible with the Ford scheduler.

Any one have tips for preconditioning the car without scheduling?

Screenshot_20221121-111250.png
Sponsored