WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I just ordered the Nokian Hakka winter tires too. It was too hard to find reasonably priced rims, so I’m just going to have them put on the stock ones for now and maybe buy new winter rims next summer.
Sponsored

mjmarco33

First Name
mjm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021MACH E
Country flag
Interested to see what others are doing with regards to winter tires and rims for this winter. Please share.

I have purchased Michelin X-Ice Snow 225/55 R19.
Was looking for rims as well and just ordered some Fast Wheels FC04 wheels.
Getting them installed at the dealership in a couple of weeks.

Safe driving this winter.
Cheers.

Just purchased a set of Michelin Ice X tires. Mounted on my stock 19 inch wheels (Premium extended range AWD). No difference in ride. Maybe a little more road noise. Would not risk suboptimal stopping power on standard tires in Michigan winters with such a heavy vehicle.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I just had some Nokians installed on TSW 18” rims. Range has dropped roughly 10% based on a route I drive often. Road noise is similar to the OEM tires.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter Tires: What are you going with? 1637550928131

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I swapped the OEMs for Continental Wintercontact TS 860 S - exact same size as the OEMs. Pricey, but so far absolutely outstanding. We've had snow off and on for a month now and much, much better than the tires that came with the FE I received late last winter Great traction, great braking, very quiet and spec'd for EVs.
Sweet - my usual go-to tire over the years has been Michelin X-Ice but can’t always find them. Thanks for the info on the Contis - I will consider them for next year (don’t have the car yet :) ).

“Spec’s for EVS” sounds like marketing BS to me…any insight on what’s different?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
“Spec’s for EVS” sounds like marketing BS to me…any insight on what’s different?
My words not Continentals. I was just referring to the XL load factor and their lower rolling resistance, which is a bit unusual for a winter tire.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
My words not Continentals. I was just referring to the XL load factor and their lower rolling resistance, which is a bit unusual for a winter tire.
Ah - thought maybe the Mktg dept was working overtime :). The load factor makes sense - thanks!

Zeus

First Name
Zeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range
Country flag
I just had GoodYear UltraGrip Performance+ Winters installed on Ford rims. Local dealer had a set they ordered for a GT but didn't fit the GT. These are 225/60R18. Have always used Michelin X-Ice before, but am curious to see how these handle in the deep snow we get.

PXL_20230209_153441442.jpg
Sponsored