Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Since I live near Boston, I want a winter tire that is all-weather- not all season- snow,slush, wed, dry, ice. etc. The Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 fits that category, and it comes with a 30K mile warranty- pro rated- with tread indicators when it is no longer a good snow condition tire. Since EV are known to wear tires faster than ICE autos, due to weight and regen braking, has anyone used the Michelin's before. They are pricy, except when on sale, but seem to be possibly good for an ev. Sold mostly by wholesale clubs and tire rack. IT comes in 225/60/18 if you want a thinner tire for snow.
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I just bought the continental Viking contact 7‘s locally and mounted on my OEM wheels. Great reviews and a $140 rebate right now, So they were $125 each after rebate. They are XL rated. They should do fine for my Maine Winters and did not break the bank. I was looking at the Pirelli’s but at over $225 each, that was too much.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires with tread life warranty from Michelin- 30K 6A0E9E95-4E7E-497F-B41E-2829A63CDC40

Ford Mustang Mach-E Winter tires with tread life warranty from Michelin- 30K 523D92A9-17DD-4147-B921-6E4765A1AED8

Last edited:

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Since I live near Boston, I want a winter tire that is all-weather- not all season- snow,slush, wed, dry, ice. etc. The Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 fits that category, and it comes with a 30K mile warranty- pro rated- with tread indicators when it is no longer a good snow condition tire. Since EV are known to wear tires faster than ICE autos, due to weight and regen braking, has anyone used the Michelin's before. They are pricy, except when on sale, but seem to be possibly good for an ev. Sold mostly by wholesale clubs and tire rack. IT comes in 225/60/18 if you want a thinner tire for snow.
What's load rating? Given softer compound and heavy vehicle I'd definitely make sure it will be at least 103 and XL. Speeds not really important since they are snow tires and you'd have to be a moron to go above 80 on them.

OP
OP

dssdmddmd

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What's load rating? Given softer compound and heavy vehicle I'd definitely make sure it will be at least 103 and XL. Speeds not really important since they are snow tires and you'd have to be a moron to go above 80 on them.
Load rating 104- not an issue with the Michelin!

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I did about the same bought a set of 18" select wheels and did the all-weather 225/60/18 104v Vredestein Quatrac Pro, they are a wonderful much-improved ride over the factory tires. And a surprise to me is my range actually went up.

I had a set of these on my Fusion PHEV and they were good in the winter. I have also owned their Wintrac Pro that is a dedicated winter tire and thos are better yet in the winter but you need to switch out come summer.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I think the 18” rides Much better than the 19” tires. I just bought a premium ER and still have my Select for a few more days and the ride of the Select is much less bouncy . I cannot wait to install my 18” wheels and snows to see the ride difference.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think the 18” rides Much better than the 19” tires. I just bought a premium ER and still have my Select for a few more days and the ride of the Select is much less bouncy . I cannot wait to install my 18” wheels and snows to see the ride difference.
I bought my select wheels off eBay for $140 per wheel shipped. They are take offs and look new. If you need/want a set the seller has additional wheels

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I bought my select wheels off eBay for $140 per wheel shipped. They are take offs and look new. If you need/want a set the seller has additional wheels
Great news. I am all set but others may want a set. I hopefully will get mine on tomorrow.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Great news. I am all set but others may want a set. I hopefully will get mine on tomorrow.
Here is a pic, check out the black center caps and lug nuts

20211120_111851.jpg
Sponsored