Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
So i had upgraded the wiper to the longer blade back in March. We run thru the car wash 4-6 times per month…

just noticed this after a trip through the wash today..

0EDD0BDA-2123-45F3-8E49-608DFE308581.jpeg

1C7EDCC1-2111-40D5-B523-497F44EA81D0.jpeg

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
So i had upgraded the wiper to the longer blade back in March. We run thru the car wash 4-6 times per month…
Yeesh. Sorry for you.

I haven't heard of a good car wash story yet between wipers and charge port doors.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What's a car wash? Never used one?

rohankumar

First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Sorry about that mate. I have seen some horror stories about car washes and Mach E's on this forum. Curious to hear what the multiple car washes have done to your side emblems?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Most of the pull through car washes around here actually have someone put a piece of tape over the rear wiper to keep it in place through the wash.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Saw this coming after reading the wiper thread. Rear wipers are notorious for getting damaged in car washes. A longer wiper that doesnt sit flat on the glass makes it just a little more easy to get damaged.
look for a brushless/touchless car wash, only my beater goes through regular car washes.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
The longer wiper sits flush to window but the issue i see with it is it's not like the original which had a two position connection where the replacement just snaps in so easier to know loose

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeesh. Sorry for you.

I haven't heard of a good car wash story yet between wipers and charge port doors.
Our badging on the driver side also has been impacted. The thin line with the X… gone. I feel the badging should all be solid pieces not thin small individual ones

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry about that mate. I have seen some horror stories about car washes and Mach E's on this forum. Curious to hear what the multiple car washes have done to your side emblems?
Yeah our driver’s side has been impacted since April. Those flimsy x lines were even pulling off with a hand washing

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our badging on the driver side also has been impacted. The thin line with the X… gone. I feel the badging should all be solid pieces not thin small individual ones
I took all the side badging off the first week I owned it, but that was for aesthetics and not car washes. I don't ever plan to use a car wash on my vehicle where I'm not holding a pressure sprayer and doing it manually. The charge door is another weak spot.

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I took all the side badging off the first week I owned it, but that was for aesthetics and not car washes. I don't ever plan to use a car wash on my vehicle where I'm not holding a pressure sprayer and doing it manually. The charge door is another weak spot.
I had the entire car PPFd and ceramic coated just so we could use the car wash. We are busy family and have multiple cars all parked outside. Humidity, pollen, dust, road grime…

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the entire car PPFd and ceramic coated just so we could use the car wash. We are busy family and have multiple cars all parked outside. Humidity, pollen, dust, road grime…
I fully understand. But it's the hinge and latching mechanism I'm specifically referring to, which can be popped open by the pressure of a car wash scrubbie-rollie-thingie. Sorry to get all technical. ?

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Thought I'd mention that almost my whole rear wiper (wiper blade, wiper blade holder, and spring, but not the joint cover) was ripped off in a car wash a few days ago. After the wash was done, I found all the pieces on the ground, except for the wiper blade itself, which I never found. (Did it go down the drain?) After a little head scratching, and confirmation via some photos in this thread, I was able to figure out how to reassemble it all back on the car. Now I just have to wait for a new blade (TRICO Exact Fit 15 15-G) to arrive to have it fully operational again.

The head scratching was to figure out he orientation of the spring. It will pretty much only go one way, you have to play around to figure that out. The attachment hooks extend from each end of the spring and it's the longer extension with the bent wire (with bend downward) that goes towards the base of the wiper assembly and hooks on a pin. I just hooked both end of the spring first, then pulled the whole blade holder to fit its hinge point into the base. I hope this makes sense.

The only permanent damage appears to be a little bit of plastic chipped on the under-inside of the blade holder near the base attachment point where the spring appeared to make contact during detachment. I broke a little more off myself during reattachment, but it doesn't look like it will affect anything.

I thought it was a little funny that folks here mention that the most common thing to get ripped off in the car wash on the rear wiper is the joint cover, but in my case that's the only thing that didn't get ripped off.
Sponsored