Wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay image (Google Maps)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Recently, I had the opportunity to check out the Mach-E at the Road Tour, like many of you have.

One feature that I couldn't find many pictures of on this forum are of active Android Auto and Apple Carplay running on the Sync 4A system, so I figured I'd try it out while at the tour, and grab a pic. Unfortunately, I only got one picture, with Google Maps up. There were people waiting to get in after me.

This was on my Pixel 2 XL and Android 11, and it was fully wireless. Seamless setup.

I was hoping we could share more pictures of this working, if you have any, to get an idea of which apps will work and how they'll behave with Sync 4A in the Mach-E.
(Make sure you delete your phone from the Mach-E before you leave the dealership :))

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay image (Google Maps) PXL_20201107_170248718
Sponsored

hharold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Nice picture ! Did you try the 'toggle full screen' button in the top right corner?

Wonder if the screen of Android Auto/Apple Car would become full screen or 75% of the screen or anything else?

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Nice picture ! Did you try the 'toggle full screen' button in the top right corner?

Wonder if the screen of Android Auto/Apple Car would become full screen or 75% of the screen or anything else?
I didn't, but there was a lot more I wanted to try, too. I did use Google Play music, which worked great. Unfortunately, people were waiting to get in the car, and the rep was in with me so I just wanted to snap a picture of it and move on.

This dealership is supposed to have a test drive vehicle by the end of the month, so I'll be back to try it out in more detail.
Sponsored