Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Apple CarPlay will no longer connect wirelessly. Hasn’t been an issue before, driven 5K miles already. PAAK is still working (somewhat), but when I get in the car, I get a message that sync is unable to connect with Carplay. If I connect via USB, works fine. My phone is connected via Bluetooth and I can play music and makes calls via BT. Tried rebooting iphone (X), force closing Ford Sync App, turned BT on/off. PHone and Ford Sync app all up-to-date.

ANy suggestions? Really like the convenience of not having to wire connect phone, especially for short trips.
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Same -- Wireless Apple CarPlay stopped working for me on about day 2 or 3 after taking delivery.
I just stream music and calls through bluetooth, and don't use any CarPlay Apps.

PAAK and FordPass connectivity work about like they do for everyone else as reported in the forums.

OP
OP
Kangio

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
The frustrating part is I have used CarPlay every day for many months without issues until this past week.

bkboygenius

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME FE
Occupation
IT Security
Country flag
You may have to reset the system to get it work again, unfortunately.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Well that's really disappointing. Wireless Carplay is one feature I'm most looking forward to

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is it possible that you turned Bluetooth on in the Sync settings? It’s counterintuitive, but Bluetooth needs to be off for CarPlay to work.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Is it possible that you turned Bluetooth on in the Sync settings? It’s counterintuitive, but Bluetooth needs to be off for CarPlay to work.
Interesting. That’s pretty counterintuitive to have Bluetooth required to be off for CarPlay to connect.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interesting. That’s pretty counterintuitive to have Bluetooth required to be off for CarPlay to connect.
Yeah, CarPlay uses WiFi for its connection and just uses Bluetooth briefly to establish the connection. I guess Ford’s logic is that by having Bluetooth on, you’re saying that you want to use Bluetooth audio from your phone instead of CarPlay. You can’t use both.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Apple CarPlay will no longer connect wirelessly. Hasn’t been an issue before, driven 5K miles already. PAAK is still working (somewhat), but when I get in the car, I get a message that sync is unable to connect with Carplay. If I connect via USB, works fine. My phone is connected via Bluetooth and I can play music and makes calls via BT. Tried rebooting iphone (X), force closing Ford Sync App, turned BT on/off. PHone and Ford Sync app all up-to-date.

ANy suggestions? Really like the convenience of not having to wire connect phone, especially for short trips.
Try restarting Sync in the car. While the car is on, hold down the Forward Seek and Volume down for about 10 seconds. The main screen will go black and Sync will reboot.

This can even be done while driving, and will generally fix most Sync related issues.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If after resetting Sync as described above and your phone still does not connect wirelessly, go into the settings of your phone, choose Wi-Fi and delete your Sync network, then go into Sync and delete your phone and then setup your phone again on Sync.

bairdc3

First Name
Baird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium EXT, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Equinox
Occupation
Chief Technology Officer
Country flag
If after resetting Sync as described above and your phone still does not connect wirelessly, go into the settings of your phone, choose Wi-Fi and delete your Sync network, then go into Sync and delete your phone and then setup your phone again on Sync.
I have lot's of issues with the Wireless CarPlay I would say 1/2 the time it doesn't work. I have to reboot my phone or go in and out of bluetooth on my phone and then back to CarPlay. Part of the few quirks with MME and the Tech side of things. Stick with old school things and does like any other car. KeyFob and Radio or Wired CarPlay. Work all the time. Seems like the whole wifi connection/bluetooth connection of the MME needs some work done to make it more reliable for PAAK and Wireless CarPlay.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Latest ota from Ford broke Apple CarPlay for me. Apple’s iOS update before 14.6 broke it as well. iOS 14.6 fixed it.

Kadaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60, Zoe R210
Country flag
I had the same issue. Seems like if you keep your 4G in and disable wifi in your mobile wireless apple car play works. I got a prompt kn the screen saying this and now it works when I have wood disabled

Ejectionseatfixer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 Mach E
Occupation
Aircraft QA inspector
Country flag
Mine stopped connecting today- just over 1k miles. Ill have to try a few of these suggestions. I also dont know if its due to an OTA update or not, Ill have to find my version.
Sponsored