(Wishful)Ford to change 5 second acceleration boost to 7.5 seconds after Mach E GT/GTPE battery analysis is completed

ate2aqtr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Cybertruck, Passport, 17Jeep 11 odyse
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
This would make me happy. Give me 7.5 seconds of boost from any mph and let us know when its available again. Like a auto switch from Unbridled Extend to Unbridled when full power is available. RED/Yellow/Green Light!!!! Go This is all we would need for any acceleration issues other than full 1/4 mile and make 99% of owners happy. Lets push Ford to increase the overboots to 7.5 seconds from any mph!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
The wording of your title is extremely deceptive. You worded that as if it was a fact based on a reliable information stream, not the hope you have. There is no reason to believe Ford will do this. At all. As much as it sucks, if this is an issue for you, you might be better off with a different vehicle.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This would make me happy. Give me 7.5 seconds of boost from any mph and let us know when its available again. Like a auto switch from Unbridled Extend to Unbridled when full power is available. RED/Yellow/Green Light!!!! Go This is all we would need for any acceleration issues other than full 1/4 mile and make 99% of owners happy. Lets push Ford to increase the overboots to 7.5 seconds from any mph!!!!!!!!!!!
While I appreciate the sentiment…….

Change your click bait misleading title.

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The wording of your title is extremely deceptive. You worded that as if it was a fact based on a reliable information stream, not the hope you have. There is no reason to believe Ford will do this. At all. As much as it sucks, if this is an issue for you, you might be better off with a different vehicle.
I didn’t take it as that- more hopeful - chill bro!

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I didn’t take it as that- more hopeful - chill bro! Ford indicated at the press release in San Fran last month that they will address a number of performance concerns with OTA’s Redline Reviews confirmed

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Really? 99%?

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Heck might as well ask for 11 secs to catch up with the other e-cars ? anyone know of any other e-cars have limitations? Just curious, and also is this only involving GTs, or all MMEs?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

my bet is still that the duration of full current is not 'timed', but is purely a function of cell temp. So.... unless Ford offers a 'performance upgrade' for quick chill of the battery coolant when under max load I don't think we'll get longer at full current. UNLESS they allow a hack of the limiting software parameter to allow higher internal temp before throttling.... perhaps with a waiver of battery life warranty.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Heck might as well ask for 11 secs to catch up with the other e-cars ? anyone know of any other e-cars have limitations? Just curious, and also is this only involving GTs, or all MMEs?
GT only, and yes other vehicles have similar limitations.

The other ones do it oppositely though, they call it a “boost” function. Porsche for example advertises the exact horsepower with and without boost on all the Taycan models.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
my bet is still that the duration of full current is not 'timed', but is purely a function of cell temp. So.... unless Ford offers a 'performance upgrade' for quick chill of the battery coolant when under max load I don't think we'll get longer at full current. UNLESS they allow a hack of the limiting software parameter to allow higher internal temp before throttling.... perhaps with a waiver of battery life warranty.
or, as we have seen from some recent ODB2 data, the Inverter temp may be the most 'reactive' to high current loads.... either way, I'm still betting on improved cooling being the best mod to extend full output without damaging equipment.
Sponsored