With Tesla lowering Prices, will Ford follow on the Mach-E?

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
So, with Tesla lowering prices do you think Ford will follow with lower pricing or incentives on the Mach-E? And if they do, how loud will people complain on this forum that they overpaid for their car.
Sponsored

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
So, with Tesla lowering prices do you think Ford will follow with lower pricing or incentives on the Mach-E? And if they do, how loud will people complain on this forum that they overpaid for their car.
It looks like the $7K FTC will be back for Tesla, which would definitely put it back into consideration for some people. If so, Ford would probably have to react by increasing incentives.

Reactions: UW2

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It looks like the $7K FTC will be back for Tesla, which would definitely put it back into consideration for some people. If so, Ford would probably have to react by increasing incentives.
There is no guarantee that the proposed legislation will become law. In its current form the $7,000 is not retroactive, so some prospective buyers cross-shopping Mach-E and Model Y may end up delaying making a decision. In the short term that is a problem for Tesla rather than Ford, simply because Mach-E's volume is lower and demand will continue to outstrip supply. If the new tax credit becomes a reality, I wouldn't be surprised to find higher prices from Tesla (it is a for-profit company after all) and more incentives from Ford. A new equilibrium will be reached.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Tesla actually raised prices on the models most people buy.
Pesky facts.

I suppose Ford could lower the price of the select... They haven't been selling that many of those it seems.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
There is no guarantee that the proposed legislation will become law. In its current form the $7,000 is not retroactive, so some prospective buyers cross-shopping Mach-E and Model Y may end up delaying making a decision. In the short term that is a problem for Tesla rather than Ford, simply because Mach-E's volume is lower and demand will continue to outstrip supply. If the new tax credit becomes a reality, I wouldn't be surprised to find higher prices from Tesla (it is a for-profit company after all) and more incentives from Ford. A new equilibrium will be reached.
I agree with your conclusion.
Timing and details remain to be seen, but I find it highly unlikely that the proposed legislation will not come to fruition. The current administration has made it clear that it is a major priority.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Pesky facts.

I suppose Ford could lower the price of the select... They haven't been selling that many of those it seems.
Well, they are selling more than enough more expensive Premium trims - what is the point to lower price for less expensive vehicle when they still won't be able to produce more than 50K Mach Es this year anyway?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well, they are selling more than enough more expensive Premium trims - what is the point to lower price for less expensive vehicle when they still won't be able to produce more than 50K of the cars this year?
Marketing, that way they can claim a lower starting price. But you are correct, they won't need to lower the price of they keep selling like they are.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I agree with your conclusion.
Timing and details remain to be seen, but I find it highly unlikely that the proposed legislation will not come to fruition. The current administration has made it clear that it is a major priority.
If you look at the headlines from the major EV publications, it would read like it's already signed into law. The fact is, this is far from given, and I think highly unlikely that it makes it to the president's desk without some major changes. There's way too much fluff in it at this point to pass a fairly balanced congress.

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I’d be willing to bet Tesla will add more “features” and actually raise the price of their vehicles to offset a good amount (if not all) of the tax credit. Watch the lower trim models get cut possibly too.

Ford will likely add features instead of cutting price (they won’t need to if Tesla raises their pricing).
Sponsored