Within remorse period, am I being too nit picky?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
That’s good to hear!
I saw range numbers on a standard range premium AWD in Alaska and I knew it wasn’t all you’re gonna get number, that they were being conservative. 100% charge 124 mile range it said. So, I bought an Extended Range that a fellow member passed onto me, and I just got the App activation today (Seattle area dealer) and I have 97% charge it says 209 mile range. Aside from the need to drive it to let it learn and all that, the simple fact of your post here puts a lot of relief and in my mind and I’m so excited for this thing to get here.
If it predicts 209 miles you will be able to actually drive 230.
Sponsored

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
You are not alone on the "remorse" side- but I think most would feel this on a big purchase that's not 100%.

My biggest go-to when I'm feeling slightly anxious is the instrument buzz... I only hear it when stopped or at low speeds especially if the radio's off. That one bugs me a bit. The rest are minor annoyances (iphone wireless charge disconnect, settings which seem to change on their own, kinda meh phone app). Then I switch on Unbridled on the local twisties, and remember that I haven't been to a gas station in a month, and I am content. No car's gonna be perfect... I think this one might get to us because it seems fixable (and here's hoping they fix it).
I understand that a new car , especially a first like this is for Ford, would have teething issues, never expected it not too.
But what had finally drove me to cancelling my order last week, was how Ford had dealt with this so far.

I speak only for my experience and in no way mean to generalize this, so please don't judge me.

The price of this FE car is high enough that I, as the consumer, have certain expectations that come with my $.
Not unrealistic I think, just simple communication, from anyone involved in this purchase , corporate or local.
Delays happen, but if you extend my ETA by 6 weeks, please at least tell me.
Where is my car? I understand that there are many moving part, borders etc, but when on the same day my local dealer says the car is in KC and in transit in a rail car, and then hours later says that Ford Canada still has it sitting in MX, ETA now an additional 6 weeks later, my faith in the company is gone.
It makes me very worried about possible future issues I might have upon receipt, I know that it is entirely possible that the car would be fine , but if not, I'm back dealing with the same people who had shown me no support or transparency along the journey.
I trust that hardware issues would be fixed, "in time" but I have honestly waited so long now, that adding possibly more, is not a chance I want to take.

If Ford was just able to be open and transparent, simply informing me that there are issues, sorry, working on it and assure me that this will be fixed, not sure when, but not to worry, it would go a long way in satisfying me.
I called Polestar Vancouver on Friday last week, just to talk, to ask about the delivery process, the CS plan, services, financing etc and was so impressed, that I ordered one.
The absolute stark contrast in dealing with them vs my Ford experience thus far, was huge.
Yes I know that they only have to transport my car from Halifax to Vancouver, not across 2 borders, so not saying its the same.
FYI the salesman told me after I customized my car, that it would need to come from the Factory in China, but if I change the color only, there is that exact car in Halifax in the warehouse, so I did.
He brought a demo out to my home 100km away, on Sunday , for a covid approved test drive and we sat outside and he answered all my questions.
Got an email from Halifax yesterday, congratulating me on my purchase, with a photo of my actual car attached, vin nr. etc. and the tracking nr. of the transport company.
Polestar financing invited me yesterday to apply for their 0.9% financing offer and has a phone call booked on Friday to discuss this and answer any questions I might have.
The salesman explained that upon arrival in Vancouver, they prepare the car , sent me a check list that they follow and will have the car delivered to my driveway no longer than 2 days after receiving.

I don't expect Ford to do all this and I know that Polestar 2 also had teething issues, but honestly, this is the transaction I wanted and Ford can learn from this.
I educated myself of the past issues mentioned on the Polestar 2 forum before I phoned, asked for specifics on these and the salesman clarified it all. They have all known issues on their check list, explained the exact process if anything needs to be done (they do it through Volvo) and that if indeed there is any issue, he delivers me a demo car to my home immediately for the duration.

Last edited:

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I understand that a new car , especially a first like this is for Ford, would have teething issues, never expected it not too.
But what had finally drove me to cancelling my order last week, was how Ford had dealt with this so far.

I speak only for my experience and in no way mean to generalize this, so please don't judge me.

The price of this FE car is high enough that I, as the consumer, have certain expectations that come with my $.
Not unrealistic I think, just simple communication, from anyone involved in this purchase , corporate or local.
Where is my car? I understand that there are many moving part, borders etc, but when on the same day my local dealer says the car is in KC and in transit in a rail car, and then hours later says that Ford Canada still has it sitting in MX, ETA now an additional 6 weeks later, my faith in the company is gone.
It makes me very worried about possible future issues I might have upon receipt, I know that it is entirely possible that the car would be fine , but if not, I'm back dealing with the same people who had shown me no support or transparency along the journey.
I trust that hardware issues would be fixed, "in time" but I have honestly waited so long now, that adding possibly more, is not a chance I want to take.

If Ford was just able to be open and transparent, simply informing me that there are issues, sorry, working on it and assure me that this will be fixed, not sure when, but not to worry, it would go a long way in satisfying me.
I called Polestar Vancouver on Friday last week, just to talk, to ask about the delivery process, the CS plan, services, financing etc and was so impressed, that I ordered one.
The absolute stark contrast in dealing with them vs my Ford experience thus far, was huge.
Yes I know that they only have to transport my car from Halifax to Vancouver, not across 2 borders, so not saying its the same.
FYI the salesman told me after I customized my car, that it would need to come from the Factory in China, but if I change the color only, there is that exact car in Halifax in the warehouse, so I did.
He brought a demo out to my home 100km away, on Sunday , for a covid approved test drive and we sat outside and he answered all my questions.
Got an email from Halifax yesterday, congratulating me on my purchase, with a photo of my actual car attached, vin nr. etc. and the tracking nr. of the transport company.
Polestar financing invited me yesterday to apply for their 0.9% financing offer and has a phone call booked on Friday to discuss this and answer any questions I might have.
The salesman explained that upon arrival in Vancouver, they prepare the car , sent me a check list that they follow and will have then car delivered to my driveway no longer than 2 days after receiving.

I don't expect Ford to do all this and I know that Polestar 2 also had teething issues, but honestly, this is the transaction I wanted and Ford can learn from this.
I educated myself of the past issues mentioned on the Polestar 2 forum before I phoned, asked for specifics on these and the salesman clarified it all. They have all known issues on their check list, explained the exact process if anything needs to be done (they do it through Volvo) and that if indeed there is any issue, he delivers me a demo car to my home immediately for the duration.
I agree the Polestar customer experience is quite impressive. After yesterday’s announcement regarding more options for the PS2, that model has become very tempting. I think all of the legacy automakers could learn a few things from Polestar. I mean, just the fact that you don’t have to visit a slimy dealership (which I know they modeled after Tesla) is a huge plus. At this point, I could say my head is with the Polestar 2, but my heart is with the MME. ??‍♂

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I agree the Polestar customer experience is quite impressive. After yesterday’s announcement regarding more options for the PS2, that model has become very tempting. I think all of the legacy automakers could learn a few things from Polestar. I mean, just the fact that you don’t have to visit a slimy dealership (which I know they modeled after Tesla) is a huge plus. At this point, I could say my head is with the Polestar 2, but my heart is with the MME. ??‍♂
Yes, I agree that this is was a "head" decision, but I'm sure I'd love it once I have it and would become dear to my heart.
But I found that there is such a thing as too much "heart" and no "head" as my MME experience has been a rollercoaster emotional ride, , with excitement, anger, fear, disappointment,... with no clarification or understanding, no "head"

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Yes, I agree that this is was a "head" decision, but I'm sure I'd love it once I have it and would become dear to my heart.
But I found that there is such a thing as too much "heart" and no "head" as my MME experience has been a rollercoaster emotional ride, , with excitement, anger, fear, disappointment,... with no clarification or understanding, no "head"
Just after I wrote this, I received an e-mail from Polestar in Sweden , welcoming me to the family, with my order nr. etc and customer service contact information.
I know that this is an automated thing, but it sure adds to the process.

Last edited:

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The road to the mach e started with i always wanted a Tesla. It was between the model 3 and Y. Thought i better cheeck out some other cars just to be sure. Drove the Mach e and would have bought it as an impulse buy they had a FE in stock Carbonized Gray. However with 10K mark up was like sorry charlie. Another FE came available with no ADM. I bought the car. One the way home all the warnings (lane assist, cruise control, etc.) Really had buyers remorse, not only was i now not sure should i have bought a FE, but bought a Mach e at all. To make a long story even longer, i laid awake 2 nights running over and over if i made right decision. Now that i have had the car for almost 2 months i am very happy with my decision. The dealer experience was less than stellar as was the Tesla dealer. Only thing i might have changed is holding out for a premium vs FE. There is a whole lot more that went into all of this BUT bottom line VERY happy with my FE Carbonize gray Mustang Mach e.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

The salesman explained that upon arrival in Vancouver, they prepare the car , sent me a check list that they follow and will have the car delivered to my driveway no longer than 2 days after receiving.

Man, *THAT* is how it's done.

Ford needs to be reading this.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just after I wrote this, I received an e-mail from Polestar in Sweden , welcoming me to the family, with my order nr. etc and customer service contact information.
I know that this is an automated thing, but it sure adds to the process.
Sounds like as of right now the Polsestar has met or exceeded your expectations. Which sounds like the Polestar is the right car for YOU. I hope you enjoy your polestar as much as i enjoy my Mach e. If you research all the BEV's, they all have their own unique features, issues, bugs etc. not sure anyone is better than another. BUT each one is better for one person than another. I am just glad today their is more than one to chose from, and even more tomorrow. I hope they all learn from each other on what is working and what is not and improve upon it.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
The road to the mach e started with i always wanted a Tesla. It was between the model 3 and Y. Thought i better cheeck out some other cars just to be sure. Drove the Mach e and would have bought it as an impulse buy they had a FE in stock Carbonized Gray. However with 10K mark up was like sorry charlie. Another FE came available with no ADM. I bought the car. One the way home all the warnings (lane assist, cruise control, etc.) Really had buyers remorse, not only was i now not sure should i have bought a FE, but bought a Mach e at all. To make a long story even longer, i laid awake 2 nights running over and over if i made right decision. Now that i have had the car for almost 2 months i am very happy with my decision. The dealer experience was less than stellar as was the Tesla dealer. Only thing i might have changed is holding out for a premium vs FE. There is a whole lot more that went into all of this BUT bottom line VERY happy with my FE Carbonize gray Mustang Mach e.
I happy for you and glad it all worked out for you.
I'm not jaded and I know that surely the vast majority of MME buyers will receive a great vehicle and we sometimes get a distorted idea as people tend to post negative things more often.
Everyone here deserves a great, problem free car

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
Sounds like as of right now the Polsestar has met or exceeded your expectations. Which sounds like the Polestar is the right car for YOU. I hope you enjoy your polestar as much as i enjoy my Mach e. If you research all the BEV's, they all have their own unique features, issues, bugs etc. not sure anyone is better than another. BUT each one is better for one person than another. I am just glad today their is more than one to chose from, and even more tomorrow. I hope they all learn from each other on what is working and what is not and improve upon it.
Thanks, happy journeys for you too.
I'm happy just to start on a BEV journey and will learn the steps involved with this move.
I feel blessed to be able to have a choice in this and even more excited for the promise of so many more once I look for my second BEV in a few years.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I happy for you and glad it all worked out for you.
I'm not jaded and I know that surely the vast majority of MME buyers will receive a great vehicle and we sometimes get a distorted idea as people tend to post negative things more often.
Everyone here deserves a great, problem free car
all forums similar to this are all biased to the negative as people complain when dissatisfied. In fact if you have a complaint about a business etc. you are likely to tell 10 people about the poor service or quality. However if you are satisfied you are likely to tell 0-1 person. How likely are you to post something like, everything went right with my commute today no issues to report.

Juan-Marco

First Name
Juan-Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5
Country flag
I started this BEV purchase with wanting "not another Tesla" , (common as grass around here) something with performance, but not willing to pay i-pace, e-tron prices.
MME fit the bill for sure, as did the P2, but Polestar was not possible back then where I live, but this changed very recently.
I'm looking forward to 5 years from now when my son is old enough to drive, because dad will then surely have many options to choose from and he will just have to be happy with my old Polestar.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I started this BEV purchase with wanting "not another Tesla" , (common as grass around here) something with performance, but not willing to pay i-pace, e-tron prices.
MME fit the bill for sure, as did the P2, but Polestar was not possible back then where I live, but this changed very recently.
I'm looking forward to 5 years from now when my son is old enough to drive, because dad will then surely have many options to choose from and he will just have to be happy with my old Polestar.
will be very interesting to see where we are in 5 years. I think it will be very interesting to see what happens in the next 2 years. Lots of interesting things in the pipeline.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Just picked up my Mach E (RWD/Standard/Premium) and about 80% in love with it, but there are a few things that are nagging at me wondering if I should use the buyer’s remorse law in WA and back out.

- Buzzing on the instrument screen: This seems to be a common issue when searching here. I‘ve worked in electronics for a while and from my experience this is definitely electrical, either a bad component in the backlight PWM module or Ford isn’t sending enough current to the instrument cluster.

- Wind noise, I didn’t think I’d be bothered here, but this does seem louder than my Fusion Energi did at 50+ MPH. I used a decibel measure and at high speeds the wind is the loudest and I’m measuring around 65 db. Anyone else hearing noise that loud? Pano roof seals seem good. I also notice that I hear a lot more outside noise from the passenger side than the driver side, enough so that I’ve found myself double checking I didn’t have the windows cracked open.

- Phone as a Key is an unreliable joke of a feature right now. The Ford Pass app in general has been really buggy. It’s taken a day and a half for me to be able to switch my preference in the app from KmH/KPa to mph/psi because of some “error” that’s completely non-descriptive of what the actual issue is. This isn’t unsolvable as I can order an extra fob, by why should I need to?

Some of this I know is growing pains going into a first gen model, but with an established company like Ford I had pretty high expectations.

On the one hand, I really love the body/style/handling and overall feel of the car, on the other these types of faults I’m finding on what I was hoping to be a 5-8 year ride has me second guessing.

Anyone with the car more than a few days that can weigh in on their thoughts? Are some of these break-in period type issues for the car that seem to quiet down (or you at least notice it far less) as you’ve put more miles in?
Generally speaking I think everyone that has purchased the MME is looking for something new and different. Many of us bought the car based on reading about it and watching videos, most didn't get to test drive it until their car actually arrived. That being said, some level of risk is involved with buying any car, especially a new model. I wouldn't get cold feet on something you've been waiting on for so long, especially for mostly minor issues.

It took me all of about 1 minute after pulling out for my first test drive to know I was 100% sold. Does the car have some issues, absolutely, however most of them are software related which can be fixed over time. If there were a number of mechanical/cosmetic issues that required multiple dealer visits and wasting my time, I would probably consider backing out as well. In reality that hasn't been the case for me at all, and it doesn't seem to be the case for most of us that have our cars. Based on Ford's care and effort bringing this car to market I'm going to trust they will fix these issues in time. At the end of the day I enjoy and look forward to driving the car any chance I get, if you can say the same I think you know what your answer should be.
Sponsored