Wonder how many Mache Demo might get sold AKA accidentally also.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Florida car dealer mistakenly sells man a Ford Bronco display model, demands its return
Call for Action helps Tampa man keep SUV 'mannequin'

TAMPA, Fla. — Nostalgia and the need to unload an old sedan sent Adam Sidoti on the hunt for the newly released Ford Bronco.

“It is just a unique look, and I fell in love with it when they released it,” Sidoti said.

But the day after he purchased the 2021 SUV, Sidoti told ABC Action News the dealership started calling and demanding he return it to the showroom.

“They wanted me to bring it in by 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve!” he said

Sidoti’s contract showed he traded in his vehicle, put nearly $2,500 down and obtained financing before driving off the lot December 22.

Sidoti said he spoke to the sales manager and even wrote a letter to customer service. The dealer admitted they had accidentally sold him a demo or mannequin model that was supposed to sit on display.
“It was a mannequin or demo model that Ford had sent them,” Sidoti said.

When the car lot refused to back down, Sidoti made a call for action to Jackie Callaway. She contacted the dealer’s parent company to find out what was going on. A spokesperson explained the Bronco Sport Sidoti had purchased was supposed to be on display in the showroom for four months before being sold.

Sidoti says he got a call hours after ABC Action News reached out on his behalf, telling us, “You jumped on it and got their attention.”

Ford released a statement in an email: “After speaking with our team, as soon as we were made aware of this situation on Dec. 29, 2020, we made sure the customer is able to keep the vehicle.”
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
You would think it'd be pretty easy to not sell a vehicle that you aren't supposed to, with all of the time/steps involved, but I'm not surprised. Dealerships are far too sales-hungry.

I would assume there's some repercussions from Ford for selling a FCTP unit too early. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if those repercussions are simply financial and an enterprising dealership could sell an FCTP unit with an ADM to cover those financial losses from Ford for selling the unit early.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Good question. My dealer's FCTP has been shipped and my car is still sitting in Mexico.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
You would think it'd be pretty easy to not sell a vehicle that you aren't supposed to, with all of the time/steps involved, but I'm not surprised. Dealerships are far too sales-hungry.

I would assume there's some repercussions from Ford for selling a FCTP unit too early. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if those repercussions are simply financial and an enterprising dealership could sell an FCTP unit with an ADM to cover those financial losses from Ford for selling the unit early.
So having to purchase another one and waiting while you don't have one to show isn't punnishment enough? (and oh, hey, look your replacement has a stop ship on it...so sad).
Sponsored