SebastienMachE

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Journey
Country flag
Ford only gave one FOB because of the PAAK but mine is still not working and I can't use it to drive and the best I can do it press and hold the button to unlock or lock the car but it takes so long I might as well have the FOB on me. I think they should have given 2 FOBS out to everyone.
I have heard they are not that expensive. Might ask.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My PAAK works with all limitations mentioned. I have Apple phone snd my battery drain has been noticeable recently and I assume it’s due to Ford Pass running all the time. I am turning it off and plan to use it just before I need to actually use it with the car. The battery usage shows 40percent usage by FordPass

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I have heard they are not that expensive. Might ask.
Sure we Pay $40-$60,000 for a vehicle and were given one FOB? I don't know if anyone at Ford reads this site, but if you do, start mailing FOB's and worry about your DATA as Revenue Plan with PAAK later. PLEASE! I have Two FOBS with my F150 Platinum and can and do use remote lock and unlock, Start with the Ford App, but Both Fobs are much easier and each is customized for my 6,1' self and my 5' wife its great!

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My PAAK works with all limitations mentioned. I have Apple phone snd my battery drain has been noticeable recently and I assume it’s due to Ford Pass running all the time. I am turning it off and plan to use it just before I need to actually use it with the car. The battery usage shows 40percent usage by FordPass
yeah I agree, might try that since it is not reliable as an actual key (and leave Fob at home).
At least if they could slim down the huge size of the FOB options somehow, I'd gladly buy one.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I cant get the Paak setup to even show up and I'm on an iPhone 12

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Anyone have any other tricks for this? I've tried the trick mentioned here inviting a new account on an iphone, tried signing into my account on an iphone and android... Nothing

Even tried the trick where you turn off data sharing, or whatever it's called.

I've never gotten the option to get up paak even once. Thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is it's something with the car itself, since I've tried multiple devices and accounts.

The best I've got is that this car was originally not mine. The couple that ordered it came to pick it up but decided to not take it home. So I swiped it ?. Maybe they started to set it up and that messed something up? ?‍♂ I have no idea if that even makes sense

moogerfunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hey everyone, picked up my Mach E a few days ago and can't get the "Setup Phone as a Key" button to show up in the app. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max - all current on updates. Anyone figured out a solution or workaround?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Same happened to me, and as far as I can tell, it's a server side issue and you can't do anything about it. Maybe call the Ford pass guides to get them to look at it.

For me, there was no Paak option, no connected nav, and no FordPass charging network. Then one day it magically all started working at the same time. So I'm pretty sure something changed on their end with the server.

Not sure if it was just something that happened automatically or if it was a result of me calling and submitting a ticket ?‍♂

moogerfunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Same happened to me, and as far as I can tell, it's a server side issue and you can't do anything about it. Maybe call the Ford pass guides to get them to look at it.

For me, there was no Paak option, no connected nav, and no FordPass charging network. Then one day it magically all started working at the same time. So I'm pretty sure something changed on their end with the server.

Not sure if it was just something that happened automatically or if it was a result of me calling and submitting a ticket ?‍♂
How soon after getting your car did it start to work? I’m on my 3rd day of ownership, so I’m wondering if it’s just a long delay or if I should actually call them and have them look at my particular case.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
How soon after getting your car did it start to work? I’m on my 3rd day of ownership, so I’m wondering if it’s just a long delay or if I should actually call them and have them look at my particular case.
It was 2-3 weeks

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
What worked for me was to remove all Paak keys, remove all bluetooth phone pairings and android auto pairings.

Then start by creating the Paak pairng first. Once it works, do phone bluetooth and it takes multiple pairings for Android to get all the permissions right. Then move on to android auto.

Using a Oneplus 7 with android 11.

Greddy1

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I just got an S21 ultra 5g and can't complete the setup. Wont accept the Bluetooth code and tells me my phone isn't compatible but it's been out since January

Rusty0601

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If anyone is having an issue with PAAK working consistently on their android phone, try this.

Mine setup and was working, but it wouldn't work reliably. I basically had to have my phone on, and the app open for it to connect. I went through my settings and told the ford pass app to never force it to sleep. And since then, any time I open my app, its still connected to the vehicle with bluetooth. It seems to have a big range, it can stay connected anywhere in my house.

I did go out to the car to verify its working, and it won't turn on the lights as I approach, but it does unlock the car and open the door when you push the door button on the car.

I suspect it doesn't do the approach lighting because its staying connected so it doesn't see me as "approaching"
make sure you can start the key without the fob. i thought PAAK was working until i tried it and set off the alarm.
Sponsored