SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
I've been seeing a lot of threads recently about people selling their Mach-E's and with a list of issues. Their post seem to be more and more frequent and come up in the 'Latest post' list. Their issues within the list they make are sometimes valid, sometimes not. I worry I will experience some of these problems. I also identify that there are plenty of users that posted already and are happy with their purchase. But the people who have problems usually get more attention in their threads. Mine is shipping to me now. What are the odds something is wrong with mine when it comes?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Seriously, you've been on the forum for 1.5 years. People post about issues on forums. Now, 1.5+ years into the cars, people are selling them. Job 1 2021 cars had more issues than Job 2 2021 cars which will likely have more issues than Job 1 2022 cars. Just makes sense.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

OP
OP

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
I ordered mine in October. Since then, I have really been focused on accessories when I came to these forums and not paying attention to other post. But now that the time is drawing nearer, I am venturing forth into other parts of these forums and I am concerned! Mine is a 22 model and I guess I haven't made the distinction when reading between mine and the 21s.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Odds that you will decide something is wrong with the Mach-E you're purchasing are... 100%.

No vehicle is perfect, and you are going into the situation actively concerned and looking for problems, so you will find them.

I have an early built '21. It has problems, absolutely, but it's also the best vehicle I've ever owned by far. So there's always that to consider, too. šŸ˜‰

OP
OP

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
Well, like I said originally in my first post, some are valid, some are not.

When I bought a 2017 dodge charger, I was one of the first to get that years new infotainment system that had not yet been patched. I had to drive between Omaha and Lincoln often. Going down the HWY, the infotainment system would turn off causing the whole care to die when I am going 80 mph.

This is an issue.

A screen being a little laggy or not optimized yet like a lot of people mention, isn't one of them. I have faith that these will be worked out after that new big update comes out for it.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
The silver lining is that even if you get one that bricks itself and goes lemon law youā€™re still going to come out all right financially. I did it. Twice. And I have another on order

An amazing car with entry mode problems that in this unique market can be a financial bonus

Jes sayin. Itā€™s a combination of caveat emptor and letā€™s make a deal

Last edited:

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Itā€™s definitely going to have some type of issue. As much as I was frustrated with both of my cars (a 2021 job 1 and a job 2), overall I would still purchase them again compared to an ICE. Most of the issues are related to PaaK or stupid 12v batteries. Obviously the HVBJB is a serious issue and the true scope is unknown, although I think thereā€™s legitimate concern that it could happen to any Mach E. We just donā€™t know yet. There are tons of electronics glitches, but most resolve with restarting the systems. FordPass is a joke and sucks pretty bad, but perhaps you donā€™t need it.

If you plan on always using the key fob instead of PaaK and donā€™t need the FordPass app capabilities, youā€™ll probably hardly ever really have to worry.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Speaking as someone who has had the HVBJB fail on them, I plan on keeping mine and would buy it again in a heartbeat. We just got back from a trip with it over the weekend and I did not even give it a thought of not taking the car. The only thing that might sway me to take our ICE vehicle would be if there were not a lot of DC fast chargers on the route and if there were no local Ford dealers where we were going. Thankfully with all of the helpful forum members here, I knew ahead of time what was happening when my car failed and I had all of the knowledge to get the car towed correctly to the dealer. Also due to this forum, Ford reached out and was able to get things expedited at my dealer, which was greatly appreciated.

I don't care what car you look at, there is no car that is going to be perfect. Given the small numbers of EV's out there right now the MME really is one of the top picks. Also given that you already have an order in that should be here somewhat soon, it might be very hard to find another EV that meets your specs and that you can find at MSRP.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
We got a job 2 car built on 8/30/21. Only issue so far is a slight distortion in an area of the windshield that doesnā€™t affect me much (Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€+) but affects my wife sometimes (5ā€™10ā€). Should it happen? No. Does it shake my faith in the car? Also no.

Itā€™ll get replaced under warranty.

Now, about that Ford Mobile charger that canā€™t seem to take warm garages and starts to shut down due to over temp protectionā€¦.šŸ™„

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. Iā€™ve had my car for 1 1/2 months now. It is a very nice car and I havenā€™t had any trouble requiring a trip to the dealer. That doesnā€™t make good copy, though, and doesnā€™t warrant posting a thread on the forum. My niece bought one a couple weeks before me. She didnā€™t have a clue what she was getting into as far as EV ownership. Sheā€™s ready to upgrade. There is a reason they had to close the order banks on the MME.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I've been seeing a lot of threads recently about people selling their Mach-E's and with a list of issues. Their post seem to be more and more frequent and come up in the 'Latest post' list. Their issues within the list they make are sometimes valid, sometimes not. I worry I will experience some of these problems. I also identify that there are plenty of users that posted already and are happy with their purchase. But the people who have problems usually get more attention in their threads. Mine is shipping to me now. What are the odds something is wrong with mine when it comes?
The problem with forums like this is the complete lack of perspective. It's where people go to complain and it is an echo chamber focusing on these issues.

In the next month or so, Ford will pass 100,000 Mach e's built.

In the real world, you might experience some problem. But for perspective it's not very likely.
Sponsored