Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I've had my GT for 10 days now and my mind is blown that ford decided to engineer the car to blare its horn if I exit the car on and step even 1 foot away from the vehicle. If I try to access the frunk, trunk or the back door then I'm met with the 2x horn honk. Seriously, WTF. I can't figure out how to disable this. I should not have to turn the car off if I'm still in close proximity of the car. Does anyone know if there's a setting for this?
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I've had my GT for 10 days now and my mind is blown that ford decided to engineer the car to blare its horn if I exit the car on and step even 1 foot away from the vehicle. If I try to access the frunk, trunk or the back door then I'm met with the 2x horn honk. Seriously, WTF. I can't figure out how to disable this. I should not have to turn the car off if I'm still in close proximity of the car. Does anyone know if there's a setting for this?
It's only when your key leaves the vehicle "while the engine is running", which in this case means, while the car is on.
All Ford vehicles do this, but I agree, it's really annoying. There is no way to turn it off as of now.

What you CAN do if you're just checking the trunk, is to leave your phone in the car, if you're not somewhere you're worried about theft.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
Yep... Under settings, locks, walk away lock. It annoyed me the first day too
Ford Mustang Mach-E Worst. Feature. Ever. Horn proximity honk is annoying the sheeeet out of me PXL_20211111_232229521

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yep... Under settings, locks, walk away lock. It annoyed me the first day too
Ford Mustang Mach-E Worst. Feature. Ever. Horn proximity honk is annoying the sheeeet out of me PXL_20211111_232229521
I believe OP is talking about the "Double-Honk" when you get out of the car with your keyfob/ phone while the car is On. That's a different feature that can't be disabled.

shoopla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE, '16 Volvo S60 CrossCountry, '16 XC60
Occupation
Proj Engineer
Country flag
I believe OP is talking about the "Double-Honk" when you get out of the car with your keyfob/ phone while the car is On. That's a different feature that can't be disabled.
Ah ok, yeah that one hasn't bothered me...yet

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Several ways to get around this.....
Leave the door open after you get out.
Leave a fob in the car.
Leave a PaaK enabled phone in the car.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If the honk were softer it would not be as annoying, but man is it loud. I did notice that if the car is off and I leave the driver door open the car does not lock/honk when I walk away. I have not tested what happens if you leave the door open when the car is on and walk away - maybe it will remain quiet? Edit: @SnBGC already confirmed this works. Seems like an easy thing to do - leave the car door open.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
To our FDRS and Forscan experts, is this something that can be programmatically disabled? I’ve done this on other Fords with Forscan…

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
If the honk were softer it would not be as annoying, but man is it loud. I did notice that if the car is off and I leave the driver door open the car does not lock/honk when I walk away. I have not tested what happens if you leave the door open when the car is on and walk away - maybe it will remain quiet? Edit: @SnBGC already confirmed this works. Seems like an easy thing to do - leave the car door open.
It's been commonly confused -- there are two different scenarios here.

1. Walk-away Single Honk: This is when the car is off, and you have all doors closed, and walk away from the vehicle with the keyfob in hand. The car will honk once if the Walk-Away Lock setting is enabled.
2. Key has Left the Vehicle "Double Honk": This is when the car is on, and you walk away from the vehicle with the keyfob in hand. The car will honk twice, and this can't be disabled. The solution is to either leave your phone in the car, or turn it off first.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
To our FDRS and Forscan experts, is this something that can be programmatically disabled? I’ve done this on other Fords with Forscan…
I'm pretty sure it can if you have access to that software. Several months ago we were talking about how to do it, but I never followed up :)

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
OP
OP
Electric Goat

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
It's been commonly confused -- there are two different scenarios here.

1. Walk-away Single Honk: This is when the car is off, and you have all doors closed, and walk away from the vehicle with the keyfob in hand. The car will honk once if the Walk-Away Lock setting is enabled.
2. Key has Left the Vehicle "Double Honk": This is when the car is on, and you walk away from the vehicle with the keyfob in hand. The car will honk twice, and this can't be disabled. The solution is to either leave your phone in the car, or turn it off first.
Yes, scenario #2 is what I'm referring to.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Might not be 100% true. Turn off the AUDIBLE FEEDBACK that is there in that screen shot. It's supposed to stop the double honk when you push the lock button two times, but many people have stated that it also stops the double honk when you walk way with the car on.

There is another post around here that is talking about this same subject. I've personally not tired it, but in the other post many others have and had said it stops the double honk when the car's running.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Short answer is yes it can be disabled in the BCM with ForScan or FDRS by changing the 4th number (from the left) to 0 in 726-41-02

Answer #2 is that I had this issue quite frequently until I updated the car. I haven't had it since the updates. So it might be something that will be resolved in short time. It could also be why PaaK only locks the car at greater distances now.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Short answer is yes it can be disabled in the BCM with ForScan or FDRS by changing the 4th number (from the left) to 0 in 726-41-02

Answer #2 is that I had this issue quite frequently until I updated the car. I haven't had it since the updates. So it might be something that will be resolved in short time. It could also be why PaaK only locks the car at greater distances now.
Great info and thank you. I’ll consider the Forscan change after I take delivery, since most of my modules have their latest updates.
Sponsored