sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Might not be 100% true. Turn off the AUDIBLE FEEDBACK that is there in that screen shot. It's supposed to stop the double honk when you push the lock button two times, but many people have stated that it also stops the double honk when you walk way with the car on.

There is another post around here that is talking about this same subject. I've personally not tired it, but in the other post many others have and had said it stops the double honk when the car's running.
Interesting -- it didn't do that for me back when I first got the car (I did try). Maybe they've since addressed it in an update.
Sponsored

IamIA

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3 & i3s, Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I've had my GT for 10 days now and my mind is blown that ford decided to engineer the car to blare its horn if I exit the car on and step even 1 foot away from the vehicle. If I try to access the frunk, trunk or the back door then I'm met with the 2x horn honk. Seriously, WTF. I can't figure out how to disable this. I should not have to turn the car off if I'm still in close proximity of the car. Does anyone know if there's a setting for this?
So true. I hate that car remains On and does either a single or double honk when the key fob leaves the car. Similar how Chevy Volt worked too.
I loved how BMW i3 was doing this. The key fob can be used to both close the door and turn off the car and so avoided the extra step Ford requires of turning off the car before the doors can be locked.

Also, @Ford Motor Company should consider assigning a chirp sound and not a honk for those who want the audible feedback on. On BMW i3, you could choose from three-pitch chirp.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
So true. I hate that car remains On and does either a single or double honk when the key fob leaves the car. Similar how Chevy Volt worked too.
I loved how BMW i3 was doing this. The key fob can be used to both close the door and turn off the car and so avoided the extra step Ford requires of turning off the car before the doors can be locked.

Also, @Ford Motor Company should consider assigning a chirp sound and not a honk for those who want the audible feedback on. On BMW i3, you could choose from three-pitch chirp.
Unless there is a separate speaker module to "announce" a chirp, this would require new hardware. The horns only sounds a single tone.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Might not be 100% true. Turn off the AUDIBLE FEEDBACK that is there in that screen shot. It's supposed to stop the double honk when you push the lock button two times, but many people have stated that it also stops the double honk when you walk way with the car on.

There is another post around here that is talking about this same subject. I've personally not tired it, but in the other post many others have and had said it stops the double honk when the car's running.
No, it was one person who stated that, and he later admitted that he was wrong. This is why I'm so adamant about people sticking to facts in what they post. As soon as somebody guesses about something, people remember it an perpetuate the myth in later posts.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Unless there is a separate speaker module to "announce" a chirp, this would require new hardware. The horns only sounds a single tone.
There's the pedestrian warning speaker that could possibly be used.
Another thought is to shorten the duration of the honks. Back in the early 2000s GM used two honks that were only a few milliseconds long and were pretty unobtrusive. At some point ~2010 they went to the long loud honks as well. It was around the time of news reports of a few ICE vehicle owners leaving their cars running in their garages and dying in their beds from CO poisoning...

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Several ways to get around this.....
Leave the door open after you get out.
Leave a fob in the car.
Leave a PaaK enabled phone in the car.
Door open isn't always feasible.

Leaving a key fob inside the car is not smart. It's the opposite.

Leaving a phone in the car doesn't always work. Often times after I start the car, I get a "key not found". Meaning it still honks twice. Passing my phone off to my wife when walking around to get her door is idiotic. Leaving it in my pocket to get her door, honks twice. Beyond dumb.

Arguing that this is anything but a mistake, is silly. No amount of your work arounds makes it acceptable. It's easily preventable if Ford wanted to.

OP
OP
Electric Goat

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the input. It's awesome that tuners have already figured out how to disable the double honk. It's unfortunate that Ford programmed the car to honk like this from the factory but I'm thrilled that some of you smart folks have already figured out a solution. :cool: It's been a great car so far and I'm really hoping that this car will have a strong aftermarket.
Sponsored