John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Our MME was scheduled to be built last week, but based on the news-to-us revelations of the e-invoice pricing plan in this thread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dealer-says-no-invoice-on-a-mme.9302/#post-240562

--my wife and i have been thinking that, since we are forced to pay MSRP, and there is so such thing as end-of-model clearance, we might be better off with a 2022.

Orders open in a few weeks (Sept 27), so we are tempted to go that way.

Other than the future re-sale value being higher on a 2022 model, what other factors should we consider?
Sponsored

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Our MME was scheduled to be built last week, but based on the news-to-us revelations of the e-invoice pricing plan in this thread:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/dealer-says-no-invoice-on-a-mme.9302/#post-240562

--my wife and i have been thinking that, since we are forced to pay MSRP, and there is so such thing as end-of-model clearance, we might be better off with a 2022.

Other than the future re-sale value being higher on a 2022 model, what other factors should we consider?
the big plus is longer you wait more bugs will be worked out. So the people that got the early builds tended to have more issues, mostly software. Mine was a late april build and has been problem free. The one caution on getting a 22. I'm not sure how much longer the mach e will be eligible for the $7500 tax credit I can't recall when the estimated cutoff is on that.

The other downside is you'd have to start the waiting process all over again, and here with your car already built. I'd be inclined to go for the one that's coming soon.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Maybe create one thread with all your questions?

MY22 will see a price increase, if you cancel most likely you will not get the same price. If Ford delays and moves to MY22 they might extend the MY21 price to you.

EVready

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLC300, BMW M240xi, Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Maybe create one thread with all your questions?

MY22 will see a price increase, if you cancel most likely you will not get the same price. If Ford delays and moves to MY22 they might extend the MY21 price to you.
True, but might they also incorporate product improvements into the next model year?

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
True, but might they also incorporate product improvements into the next model year?
Likely more range in 22. that was already mention by a Ford exec. Not sure if that is driven by software or making the car lighter. If software driven we might all get it.

Steve-o

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue MME-GTPE
Country flag
the big plus is longer you wait more bugs will be worked out. So the people that got the early builds tended to have more issues, mostly software. Mine was a late april build and has been problem free. The one caution on getting a 22. I'm not sure how much longer the mach e will be eligible for the $7500 tax credit I can't recall when the estimated cutoff is on that.

The other downside is you'd have to start the waiting process all over again, and here with your car already built. I'd be inclined to go for the one that's coming soon.
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

It is 200,000 vehicles by a manufacturer. The MME is in 50k range i believe so still room. However with the Lightning coming that number will climb fast. GM and Tesla are already done with Nissan next with still some room.

I am wondering on price as someone else posted as could be more and for longer range of unknown amounts. I dont want to wait several more months for 10 extra miles of range as some could be done through OTAs. Im to be built 2nd week of October so will call me dealer and get his take next week

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

It is 200,000 vehicles by a manufacturer. The MME is in 50k range i believe so still room. However with the Lightning coming that number will climb fast. GM and Tesla are already done with Nissan next with still some room.

I am wondering on price as someone else posted as could be more and for longer range of unknown amounts. I dont want to wait several more months for 10 extra miles of range as some could be done through OTAs. Im to be built 2nd week of October so will call me dealer and get his take next week
Unless the laws are changed, the tax credit does not vanish when a manufacturer hits the number threshold. It starts phasing out in the second quarter after the threshold limit is reached.

The 2022 Lightning production is slated to be 15,000 units, 2023 Lighting production is slated to be 55,000 units with a full 80,000 units in 2024. 15,000 Lightning's next year might get them through the first 24 hours of reservations depending upon conversion rate. Mach-e production this year will be 50,000 units. There may be something of an increase but I'd personally not expect to see anywhere close to 100,000 units for the MME in 2022.

https://evadoption.com/ev-sales/federal-ev-tax-credit-phase-out-tracker-by-automaker/

All bets are off if the electric tax credit law is successfully amended.

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Ford is sitting at 134k+ phev/bev sales IRC 30D – Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Quarterly Sales | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

If you got an early '22 MME you're probably safe to get the full credit, but I'm almost sure it'll start phasing out some point next year after the Lightnings start to deliver (and don't forget they just added the Escape/Corsair phevs that'll eat into it as well)

Personally I wanted to get the tax credit out of the way this year so I was willing to go for it, I really don't anticipate major changes in the model given all the supplier issues they've had. And besides, with the Ford Options plan you can always swap it for a later model when that's up :)

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford is sitting at 134k+ phev/bev sales IRC 30D – Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Quarterly Sales | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

If you got an early '22 MME you're probably safe to get the full credit, but I'm almost sure it'll start phasing out some point next year after the Lightnings start to deliver (and don't forget they just added the Escape/Corsair phevs that'll eat into it as well)

Personally I wanted to get the tax credit out of the way this year so I was willing to go for it, I really don't anticipate major changes in the model given all the supplier issues they've had. And besides, with the Ford Options plan you can always swap it for a later model when that's up :)
I agree, and the case can ALWAYS be made to wait for the next model year, but I'm quite glad I ordered and got the one I'm in now. Tho, if I could afford it, I"d jump on a GT in a heartbeat!

MMJ

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

If there is a trade involved or a car to be sold, it will likely be worth less when the 22 models are being delivered both because the trade will be older and if the chip shortage begins to correct.

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag

Once a manufacturer hits 200k in total electric/PHEV production, the tapering of $7,500 starts the following quarter. Until the F150 Lightnings are in full production, Ford won't even be close. Tesla only went over when the 3 production kicked into high fear and GM when both the Volt and Bolt producing for several years together.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Once a manufacturer hits 200k in total electric/PHEV production, the tapering of $7,500 starts the following quarter. Until the F150 Lightnings are in full production, Ford won't even be close. Tesla only went over when the 3 production kicked into high fear and GM when both the Volt and Bolt producing for several years together.
Do you know any figures, even ballpark on how many Mach-E have been made? When does the Lightning production start?
It's a moot point really because I'll be ordering the 2022 MME no matter what. I'll just have to hope that I can get at least some of the rebate.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Do you know any figures, even ballpark on how many Mach-E have been made? When does the Lightning production start?
It's a moot point really because I'll be ordering the 2022 MME no matter what. I'll just have to hope that I can get at least some of the rebate.
Mach-e total US deliveries is somewhere around 15k to 20k so far. Lightning start production in the spring of 2022 (no exact month specified) and will have limited production in 2022. If you take delivery anytime in 2022 you should be fine on the credit as currently written - but who knows what will come out of DC in the current negotiations.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There will be 50,000 mach-e’s deliveries worldwide for MY 2021, 20,000 will be in North America. The Lightning goes into production in the spring of 2022. Ford had approximately 76,000 units left on the 200,000 limit before the mach-e production started.
Sponsored