Would gaming on the center display be a feature you would use if it was part of an OTA? Would you pay for it as an OTA?

Would gaming on the center display be a feature you would use if it was part of an OTA?

• Total voters

Doco_88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Peugeot 308sw
Country flag
even if I had to pay a small one time fee

That would depend on the game i guess

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No, because I own phones and tablets. There's more important things for the software developers to focus on. Every second putting a game on there is a second not doing useful work.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wouldn't spend any meaningful time playing games, but I'd check them out if they were free.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'd probably pay if I could use FordPass Points. I don't think I'll use many of them on oil changes.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Nope . . . I don't even play many games on my phone or iPad.
Now . . . Netflix or YouTube while charging . . . I would like to see that.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I understand this is a lot more difficult, but what I'd really like is a way to provide feedback to the development teams to improve my vehicle and/or future vehicles.

This could be periodic in-car or in-app surveys to start off with.

Ultimately, I want a free form box where I can dictate or write my suggestion to help drive the product managers.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Amending my response:

I don't want any games but I would like a web browser. Not to play games but perhaps to log into a hotel's website, or movie theater's or something else related to travel.

Yes I (or the passenger) could do all said things on their phone but it would be much easier on "the big screen" (much like I prefer using a tablet or a laptop over using my phone) but then I'm probably old school and just like that big screen.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
It depends on what game. Is it something like some silly tile game? Or are we talking something more advanced like streaming Google Stadia or Microsoft Project XCloud, where I could stream a full HD console game right to the car's screen and use my Xbox controller to play it? A perk of Stadia/XCloud would be Ford wouldn't have to do any "game design" and just be a screen for Google/Microsoft to stream to, let them keep everything up to date.

If it's some silly tile game or solitaire, hard pass, I'll just walk around the charging station and play Pokemon Go on my phone.

If it's Forza Motorsport 7 streamed in HD from Project XCloud via the car's modem, and I can plug in (or bluetooth pair) my Xbox controller to the car, then absolutely I'd like that. I'd hop into a quick race while I wait for the car to charge. Or hop into a Call of Duty: Warzone battle royale match. I'd be willing to pay for that.

I think YouTube, Netflix, etc. should be a higher priority though, as I think they have broader appeal.

Or a web browser. Chrome would be nice.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'd definitely prefer a web browser, YouTube, and Netflix.

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I voted no since it would just be an inferior experience to a switch or even a phone, the one exception which would never ever happen for multiple reasons is My Summer Car. Or Jalopy. Give me a car game that isn’t a racing game and I’d try it I guess.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
It depends on what game. Is it something like some silly tile game? Or are we talking something more advanced like streaming Google Stadia or Microsoft Project XCloud, where I could stream a full HD console game right to the car's screen and use my Xbox controller to play it? A perk of Stadia/XCloud would be Ford wouldn't have to do any "game design" and just be a screen for Google/Microsoft to stream to, let them keep everything up to date.
That would be awesome, but I assume the modem and 4G connection the car has probably has data caps that wouldn't support something like Stadia. Maybe if they offer an upgraded plan for just that? ?
Sponsored