Would gaming on the center display be a feature you would use if it was part of an OTA? Would you pay for it as an OTA?

Would gaming on the center display be a feature you would use if it was part of an OTA?

• Total voters

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Tesla has games but only while parked. I think the intent is to entertain while charging.
Now that they think Autopilot can drive you point to point Tesla should install Pokemon Go with creatures popping up all over the roadway, shoulders, off-road areas, and trees?
Sponsored

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
Yep. Give me Pole Position. "Prepare to Qualify..."

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I disagree that it isn't useful: Having to sit for 30-40 minutes every couple of hours on a trip begs for a distraction of some kind. I don't want to also have a tablet, need to enable hotspot, etc just to be able to kill that half hour. My phone screen is too small to stare at for half an hour after having to stare at the road for hours.

I don't generally play games, but it is important to have some options to kill time: netflix, web browser, some games. Even if it was just a screen mirroring app for my phone on the larger console that is only active when the car is in "park". Anything would be an improvement over watching the charge screen slowly count up to 80.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I disagree that it isn't useful: Having to sit for 30-40 minutes every couple of hours on a trip begs for a distraction of some kind. I don't want to also have a tablet, need to enable hotspot, etc just to be able to kill that half hour. My phone screen is too small to stare at for half an hour after having to stare at the road for hours.

I don't generally play games, but it is important to have some options to kill time: netflix, web browser, some games. Even if it was just a screen mirroring app for my phone on the larger console that is only active when the car is in "park". Anything would be an improvement over watching the charge screen slowly count up to 80.
I do agree with this - just because some folks have tablets, and some of those tablets have LTE connectivity, doesn't mean all of us does, or that there's no reason to use the screen real estate in the car for entertainment.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will any phone app load on the center monitor? I would be more interested in pulling up the Tubi app, off the phone, on to the bigger monitor to waste charging time. Not sure it is possible or if it just pre-determined apps like, phone, google map etc. or no phone app will run. If phone apps worked than any phone game app would? Netflix, youtube, browser etc. running phone apps would be my preference for sure. Not sure but page 355 of the manual seems to indicate some ios and android apps can be loaded.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Will any phone app load on the center monitor? I would be more interested in pulling up the Tubi app, off the phone, on to the bigger monitor to waste charging time. Not sure it is possible or if it just pre-determined apps like, phone, google map etc. or no phone app will run. If phone apps worked than any phone game app would? Netflix, youtube, browser etc. running phone apps would be my preference for sure. Not sure but page 355 of the manual seems to indicate some ios and android apps can be loaded.
No phone apps.

Ford has their own app ecosystem which is limited (called "app-link").

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No phone apps.

Ford has their own app ecosystem which is limited (called "app-link").
Not sure what this is then.

ENABLING APPS ON AN IOS DEVICE
Select the apps option in the feature drawer.
1. If your device is connected via USB, switch Apple CarPlay off.
2. Connect your device to a USB port or pair and connect using Bluetooth.
3. If prompted to enable CarPlay, select Disable.
4. Start the apps on your device that you want to use through SYNC.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
free yes. anything that is free great. Not everyone wants or likes the same. But if it's free and you can choose to use it or not. More options are what we should all push for. There might be something else you wish the mache had. But if you put hmmm I won't use it no use, then next time something you want in the mache now won't come with a OTA update.

We have to think like consumers as a whole. All together push the issue for what we want on the mache that it does not have right now. Speaking your voice about it and word of mouth is the weapons we have to make changes. There are some things you might like and things your wife might like. Push for both, not the well I won't use.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what this is then.

ENABLING APPS ON AN IOS DEVICE
Select the apps option in the feature drawer.
1. If your device is connected via USB, switch Apple CarPlay off.
2. Connect your device to a USB port or pair and connect using Bluetooth.
3. If prompted to enable CarPlay, select Disable.
4. Start the apps on your device that you want to use through SYNC.
That is app-link:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Would gaming on the center display be a feature you would use if it was part of an OTA?  Would you pay for it as an OTA? 1609975825441

Note the "connection with Sync".

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync/applink/sync-applink-overview.html

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is what they call what I was explaining?

It says you will not be able to play music from the phone when another app is running. This makes sense.

Is the link for the new mach sync OS, looks old? Indicates the pandora app works on the screen from your phone. Notes a list somewhere of apps that will work. Enabling game apps, even only when the car is stopped, still makes more sense and would be preferred to a specific game sync app. No sense reinventing the wheel if the wheel exists and running phone apps opens up a lot of doors with a lot less hassle.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
That is what they call what I was explaining?

It says you will not be able to play music from the phone when another app is running. This makes sense.

Is the link for the new mach sync OS, looks old? Indicates the pandora app works on the screen from your phone. Notes a list somewhere of apps that will work. Enabling game apps, even only when the car is stopped, still makes more sense and would be preferred to a specific game sync app. No sense reinventing the wheel if the wheel exists and running phone apps opens up a lot of doors with a lot less hassle.
The link shows the older Sync2 (MyFordTouch) and Sync 3 systems but we've seen in Sync4a that app-link is also supported.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The link shows the older Sync2 (MyFordTouch) and Sync 3 systems but we've seen in Sync4a that app-link is also supported.
So can we or can we not run phone appz on the center monitor? By no way a deal breaker as tunes (or talk shows) will do. Appears I will be sitting in a park vehicle for a while to go thru this new OS to determine its functionality and what it can do. Appears yes you can (some)? They indicated if you want to use you google map app you are good to go. Allow some game apps if people want games and you are done. Sounds a bit easier than developing the game but may be not.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
So can we or can we not run phone appz on the center monitor? By no way a deal breaker as tunes (or talk shows) will do. Appears I will be sitting in a park vehicle for a while to go thru this new OS to determine its functionality and what it can do. Appears yes you can (some)? They indicated if you want to use you google map app you are good to go. Allow some game apps if people want games and you are done. Sounds a bit easier than developing the game but may be not.
Well you can run the ones Android Auto and Apple Car Play let you run through that interface.

Ford's App-Link is kind of similar in that only some of your apps will support it. When you pair/connect the phone to the system it will display all the apps that support app-link (provided they are enabled and Car Play or Android Auto is off according to that page in the owner's manual).

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well you can run the ones Android Auto and Apple Car Play let you run through that interface.

Ford's App-Link is kind of similar in that only some of your apps will support it. When you pair/connect the phone to the system it will display all the apps that support app-link (provided they are enabled and Car Play or Android Auto is off according to that page in the owner's manual).
Yes that is what I understood you can run phone apps and therefore Ford can update their OS to allow more apps. This sounds like better time spent than developing the game. Allow a dumb monitor mode when in park. It is a touch screen.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
We had a survey for this at work today; the games were pretty stupid, but I tried to be optimistic in my responses. The truth is, I have a cell phone, and I'm not likely to raise my arm to use a stupid screen when I have my cell phone available.
Sponsored