Would I still get the tax credit for a Mach-E Premium 2023?

benjamincorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Red Mach-E Select, '16 Black Honda Civic EX
Occupation
Mach-E Enthusiast
Country flag
I am looking for a Mach-E, and I was looking at a select, and it did not have all the features I wanted. I was looking at the base model RWD premium model, and it fits my need perfectly! I saw the price and it was under the new $55,000 limit, but with the shipping fee, it is above the $55,000 limit. Will I still get the tax rebate with the shipping included?

I also saw a vehicle that is already in the dealership that I was looking at, and the price on their website is the MSRP + the shipping amount in one price, so would the shipping price be separate from the actual MSRP, or since the dealer set this as the price, I would have to pay it as the cars price?

Sorry for the awfully worded message, feel free to ask me if you need clarification!

Dealership Vehicle:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would I still get the tax credit for a Mach-E Premium 2023? 1674588061584

Ford Vehicle:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Would I still get the tax credit for a Mach-E Premium 2023? 1674588108695

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
OP
OP
benjamincorgi

benjamincorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mach-E Enthusiast
Country flag
It's not a tax rebate, it's a non-refundable tax credit. The MSRP, less destination, of the car must be $55,000 or less. You'll want to see the window sticker of the one the dealer has, which is $25 under the limit. https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3fmtk3rm8pma01463

And, there are income restrictions. Single - $150,000 or less. Married - $300,000 or less.
So looking at the window sticker, the MSRP is less than $55,000, disregarding the income restrictions, I would qualify for the Tax credit?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
So looking at the window sticker, the MSRP is less than $55,000, disregarding the income restrictions, I would qualify for the Tax credit?
So long as the total MSRP, including factory installed options, is less than $55K, you are good.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Good luck and enjoy, Premium RWD w/ SR battery is under $55k should do the trick per the window sticker that was shared above! Only other option that qualifies is the Select. All other trims/option packages are over the $55k limit.

OP
OP
benjamincorgi

benjamincorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mach-E Enthusiast
Country flag
I just wanted to ask a few questions since I went to the dealership today, about the Mach-E. They stated that I would not qualify for the tax credit because they used total MSRP which is $56,275, with base MSRP + the destination & delivery fee. Is the dealer wrong, or was I wrong?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I just wanted to ask a few questions since I went to the dealership today, about the Mach-E. They stated that I would not qualify for the tax credit because they used total MSRP which is $56,275, with base MSRP + the destination & delivery fee. Is the dealer wrong, or was I wrong?
Dealer is wrong, read the official IRS page it clearly states it there. Don’t listen to the dealer about tax credits, most salesman are just your average joe

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Dealer is wrong, read the official IRS page it clearly states it there. Don’t listen to the dealer about tax credits, most salesman are just your average joe
I agree with this. If you have questions from here, read the IRS information straight from the source. Ask a tax pro if needed. But don’t rely on the sales rep at the dealer as they are not processing your tax return.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Destination fees are not counted as part the MSRP calculation. Your $56,275 vehicle becomes $54,975 when subtracting the $1300 destination fee.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There's a reason people don't go to car dealers for tax advice.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You got at least 2 replies before you went that explained the tax credit determination, including on the specific vehicle you're considering. Why would you ask a car salesman? o_O

johnny_golf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2022 Mach-E CR1
Occupation
Software Developer (retired)
Country flag
Another option to consider is a 2022 Premium or California Route 1. Base price on both trims should be less than 55,000, considerably less than the same 2023 trim. A lot of people backed out on their orders at the end of 2022, so dealers are stuck with these on their lots.

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
I agree with this. If you have questions from here, read the IRS information straight from the source. Ask a tax pro if needed. But don’t rely on the sales rep at the dealer as they are not processing your tax return.
Generally I would agree with asking a tax pro, but I have had CPAs give me the wrong advice on Plug-in tax credit and other tax issues in the past, so even that may require some qualification.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Another option to consider is a 2022 Premium or California Route 1. Base price on both trims should be less than 55,000, considerably less than the same 2023 trim. A lot of people backed out on their orders at the end of 2022, so dealers are stuck with these on their lots.
No dealers around me have any 2022s left in stock. It's all 2023 now.
Sponsored