Would I still get the tax credit for a Mach-E Premium 2023?

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
You got at least 2 replies before you went that explained the tax credit determination, including on the specific vehicle you're considering. Why would you ask a car salesman? o_O
2 random strangers on the internet vs. someone whose full time job is working with cars..... I mean don't get me wrong, I've never encountered a car salesman who knows as much as I did about the cars I was interested in, but I'm not sure the 2 strangers on the internet is the slam dunk definitive source you make it out to be. I think OP may have been hoping for corroboration and if everyone agreed, then he'd feel better that he got good information. However, he got conflicting information from 2 different, possibly unreliable, sources. I think his question was reasonable.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
2 random strangers on the internet vs. someone whose full time job is working with cars.....
But the fact it's their full time job doesn't even make most of them learn anything about the cars that they're selling. You think it would make them learn about taxes?

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
But the fact it's their full time job doesn't even make most of them learn anything about the cars that they're selling. You think it would make them learn about taxes?
Nope, but as OP has no idea what the 2 posters in this thread do for a living and both appear to have bought their cars prior to the new law being in place, why should he put any more weight on what they say.... was my point.

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
Dealership Vehicle:

1674588061584.png
Now that is has been established, rehashed, debated, and again confirmed, I think the important thing is to get OP into the fold with this very nice Vapor Blue/Gray in the Premium RWD configuration. Good luck and keep us updated!

OP
OP
benjamincorgi

benjamincorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Red Mach-E Select, '16 Black Honda Civic EX
Occupation
Mach-E Enthusiast
Country flag
You got at least 2 replies before you went that explained the tax credit determination, including on the specific vehicle you're considering. Why would you ask a car salesman? o_O
I went in thinking I would buy the car, and I mentioned to them about the tax credit while I was doing a test drive, and they said this car wouldn't qualify. It made me second guess myself, so I came back to check 1 more time.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I went in thinking I would buy the car, and I mentioned to them about the tax credit while I was doing a test drive, and they said this car wouldn't qualify. It made me second guess myself, so I came back to check 1 more time.
It's really amazing that dealers wouldn't be up on this, because they're losing sales. I had the other situation, a dealer sent me a lead on a $90,000 Lightning and told me that it WOULD get the credit, which is wrong, since it's $10k over the $80,00 truck / SUV cutoff.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
So…did you get the car? :)

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I am looking for a Mach-E, and I was looking at a select, and it did not have all the features I wanted. I was looking at the base model RWD premium model, and it fits my need perfectly! I saw the price and it was under the new $55,000 limit, but with the shipping fee, it is above the $55,000 limit. Will I still get the tax rebate with the shipping included?

I also saw a vehicle that is already in the dealership that I was looking at, and the price on their website is the MSRP + the shipping amount in one price, so would the shipping price be separate from the actual MSRP, or since the dealer set this as the price, I would have to pay it as the cars price?

Sorry for the awfully worded message, feel free to ask me if you need clarification!

Dealership Vehicle:

1674588061584.png

Ford Vehicle:
1674588108695.png
Options is only $1000 incentive ?

Hope my incoming '23 MME Premium base will get the $2000 when it was ordered in August ?

OP: Confirming $54,975 is what the IRS sees when you file for your tax credit.
Mine is exactly $25 under the max!
Make sure your income limits are also met!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Would I still get the tax credit for a Mach-E Premium 2023? Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 10.38.23 AM

OP
OP
benjamincorgi

benjamincorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mach-E Enthusiast
Country flag
I'm really busy this week, but I am going to try and squeeze in by Monday. Hopefully it dosent get sold beforehand. Ill keep you updated!

OP
OP
benjamincorgi

benjamincorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mach-E Enthusiast
Country flag
Well... I know I left you hanging so long, but I did not get the car.

I got 2021 Mach-E Select instead! I realized I didn't need all the "premium" features, but the old select with the comfort/tech package was the best, and it cost less, which was great for the wallet!

I will post a few pictures later, and I love the car more than I thought I would.

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
Well... I know I left you hanging so long, but I did not get the car.

I got 2021 Mach-E Select instead! I realized I didn't need all the "premium" features, but the old select with the comfort/tech package was the best, and it cost less, which was great for the wallet!

I will post a few pictures later, and I love the car more than I thought I would.
Excellent choice, that is the best bang for the buck! I also have a Select (RWD) w/ C&T package and it is perfect.
Sponsored