Would you buy a MME with a 6 speed manual shifter?

Mach Tuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 23 MME GT, 08 Mustang GT Vert, 19 Audi Q7
Country flag
Yes. But it would need major fake engine noise. I’ve been commuting through New York City in my former garage queen manual 08 GT convertible. OMG, do I wish I could turn on the automatic mode.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Overcomplicated solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I like the fact there's more room in the footwell for my size 11's without a clutch pedal. If Toyota carry on like this they'll be bankrupt soon. They can't even make an EV without the wheels potentially falling off. 🤪 🤣🤡

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
The only time you want it is either you have an underpowered electric motor, outputting too low torque, which needs to be multiplied, or you like driving at very high speeds. For a sports car that may make sense. For a regular car, like MME there is no need for it.
Of course, additional complexity results in increased price, failures, and maintenance that come with that transmission make that generally a bad idea.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The only time you want it is either you have an underpowered electric motor, outputting too low torque, which needs to be multiplied, or you like driving at very high speeds. For a sports car that may make sense. For a regular car, like MME there is no need for it.
Of course, additional complexity results in increased price, failures, and maintenance that come with that transmission make that generally a bad idea.
Exactly. Which is why the Taycan has 2 speeds - regular and autobahn! 😀

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
6-speed, no. 2- or 3-speed, maybe. 🤪🐩

Engelbert

First Name
Engelbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium XR AWD
Country flag
Can they also add a fake manual window crank, where it’s really a slow motorized window that only moves while you’re actively rolling the stupid fake handle around and around?

Can the car additionally play digitally remastered authentic squeaky-crank noises while the window moves, and build haptic feedback into the fake crank to recreate the classic and vaguely frustrating awkwardness of the original?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Can they also add a fake manual window crank, where it’s really a slow motorized window that only moves while you’re actively rolling the stupid fake handle around and around?

Can the car additionally play digitally remastered authentic squeaky-crank noises while the window moves, and build haptic feedback into the fake crank to recreate the classic and vaguely frustrating awkwardness of the original?
I am interested in your opinions, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Brilliant idea. The knob needs to fall off at some point, leaving that one jagged little chunk of metal sticking out. The entire handle should also fall off when it senses you're about to drive into a thunderstorm.

/kids in the room have no idea what we're talking about

OP
OP
MachEMaster

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I am interested in your opinions, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Brilliant idea. The knob needs to fall off at some point, leaving that one jagged little chunk of metal sticking out. The entire handle should also fall off when it senses you're about to drive into a thunderstorm.

/kids in the room have no idea what we're talking about
It should fall clean off, and Ford Accessories could provide aftermarket vise grips to attach to the splines!
Sponsored