Would you buy loaner/deno Mach E?

Would you buy a loaner car with miles on it?

• Total voters

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I ordered a Mach E premium SR this week and I know the wait times are supposed to be 2+ months or longer. I found a loaner that is exactly what I want with an ER battery but has 3,000 miles on it.

Would you personally buy a loaner vehicle?

want to see your thoughts!

edit: title is supposed to say loaner/demo. Not deno
Sponsored

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I ordered a Mach E premium SR this week and I know the wait times are supposed to be 2+ months or longer. I found a loaner that is exactly what I want with an ER battery but has 3,000 miles on it.

Would you personally buy a loaner vehicle?

want to see your thoughts!

edit: title is supposed to say loaner/demo. Not deno
I would expect to get a discount! Definitely would NOT pay full MSRP for a used car!!

OP
OP
WildBillTV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I would expect to get a discount! Definitely would NOT pay full MSRP for a used car!!
agreed! They have it listed at MSRP but I would definitely not buy for that price. Negotiating for sure. Think it would be safe to buy? Never dealt with an all electric vehicle before

Strm81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Depends on the price. My dealer offered their demo to me with $7,500 off the top since they originally claimed the tax credit but no additional discounts for it being used. The demo had ~3,000 miles on it. My thought would be to wait the 24+ weeks for the one I ordered vs getting a used vehicle for the price of a brand new vehicle.

If they would have dropped the price by an additional $2,500-3,000 I would have bought it that day. Itā€™s still on the lot so apparently Iā€™m not alone in that thought.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
agreed! They have it listed at MSRP but I would definitely not buy for that price. Negotiating for sure. Think it would be safe to buy? Never dealt with an all electric vehicle before
We seriously considered buying one but then my Wife decided to wait! Dealerā€™s down here have been trying to sell them for as much as 5k above MSRP!!! We live in a crazy world!!!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It would have to have a pretty substantial discount, in my opinion.

Not all miles are the same, I would definitely prefer 3,000 miles from a single owner who decided they no longer needed the vehicle as opposed to those being 3,000 loaner miles where who knows how the vehicle has been used and abused as a ā€˜rentalā€™.

Again, not saying no, but would want a bigger discount, and would also be careful to check everything to make sure nothing is broken or damaged.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
It would have to have a pretty substantial discount, in my opinion.

Not all miles are the same, I would definitely prefer 3,000 miles from a single owner who decided they no longer needed the vehicle as opposed to those being 3,000 loaner miles where who knows how the vehicle has been used and abused as a ā€˜rentalā€™.

Again, not saying no, but would want a bigger discount, and would also be careful to check everything to make sure nothing is broken or damaged.
We put 1500 out of 2200 miles on the demo we were using! Still would expect to get at least 2k discount to buy!!

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
No, they have 4000 hard miles on them, and most importantly they donā€™t qualify for the $7500 tax credit.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No, they have 4000 hard miles on them, and most importantly they donā€™t qualify for the $7500 tax credit.
I don't think that's true for a dealer demo. They should still come with a "new car" title AFAIK.

OP
OP
WildBillTV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Never thought about the tax credit question. I would have to ask the dealer, if I decide to go through with this. I am just being impatient and want my Mach E! Hate that I have to wait so long for my order ?

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Never thought about the tax credit question. I would have to ask the dealer, if I decide to go through with this. I am just being impatient and want my Mach E! Hate that I have to wait so long for my order ?
The waiting was pure hell for my Wife but she is happy now! I no longer hear about selling her car way too early and leaving her car less for months!!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ask your accountant - the dealer will tell you what you want to hear

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I would have said no in the past, but the Volvo my wife got is a demo unit from the dealer that had 950 miles on it and it's mint condition and saved her $6k on the price. It's basically no different than a brand new car, I actually forget people have been in it. So that changed my mind, unfortunately there won't be any GT demo units lol

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I don't think that's true for a dealer demo. They should still come with a "new car" title AFAIK.
This is exactly right. There wouldn't even be a Carfax on a demo unit since they're technically selling it as a brand new car.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I would have said no in the past, but the Volvo my wife got is a demo unit from the dealer that had 950 miles on it and it's mint condition and saved her $6k on the price. It's basically no different than a brand new car, I actually forget people have been in it. So that changed my mind, unfortunately there won't be any GT demo units lol
If they had come down 6k on the demo MME I would have bought it for sure! Only had 2200 miles on it when they put it up for sale!
Sponsored