Would you buy the Lightning because of the great MME experience.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I had the 12" screen on my 2021 Lariat. It was far superior in function and picture clarity to my 15" screen in my Lightning and Mach-E. If I was allowed to order the truck how I wanted it, I would have the 12" screen.
Indeed, the climate substantially taxes the system beyond limits introducing stutters and freezes. The F150 guys use forscan to add climate controls to the 12" -- my advice is always the same "trust me, don't do that"

Given I haven't seen a report of stuttering (or they won't admit it) the back braking straw may be the little tile buttons. Something has the 15.5" all lagged out and stuttering. Maybe when I'm feeling really bored with 3+ hours to kill, I'll fully over-write the APIM and see if they've been incrementally patching leaving fragmented data, or if it's truly at its limits.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The best person I think on this forum to ask would be @ChasingCoral. He has both so would be able to give you a better opinion than most, I would imagine.
There are a few of us here, including @jhalkias and @GoGoGadgetMachE who have both.

We're almost home after a 2-1/2 month road trip in the Lightning from MD to CA and back (in VA now). We're towing a 24' travel trailer. The Lightning is a great truck and I love both the Mach E and the Lightning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would you buy the Lightning because of the great MME experience. IMG_9634

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
There are a few of us here, including @jhalkias and @GoGoGadgetMachE who have both.

We're almost home after a 2-1/2 month road trip in the Lightning from MD to CA and back (in VA now). We're towing a 24' travel trailer. The Lightning is a great truck and I love both the Mach E and the Lightning.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Would you buy the Lightning because of the great MME experience. IMG_9634
Trip report!!!??!?!?!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
The powerboost F150? That's my other vehicle. 700 miles on a tank of gas and it can power a house, or tow one. The best F150 there is IMO. It's more powerful / faster than the raptor. Its specs are derated to make the raptor buyers feel like they're getting the 'most' power. It makes about 460hp and 580tq stock. I let my lightning res go after buying it.
Sounds like exactly what I want (not what I need)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

I did, and I have both. Both in Rapid Red.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
As someone who owns a Mach E and an ICE F150, the Lightning is appealing to me but the SR battery just isn't enough for my use case (I previously had a SR MachE, but sold it because the range just wasn't enough for any trips beyond 300 miles), and I can't justify the cost of an ER Lightning which would be over twice what I paid for my F150.

It's my hope that in the next few years we see some advancements. With the current technology, the perfect truck for me would be a range-extender F150: electric drivetrain for torque and smaller battery pack for local commuting, but a gas generator to stretch it's legs for longer trips.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Honestly... I don't think I'll ever buy another Ford.
Wow, Iā€™m upset about the lack of a frunk release too, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d go that far šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€
Sponsored