Would you opt-in?

• Total voters

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
If Ford announced that they could use our driving data to map more highways and roads, would you opt-in to let Ford do this? It would obviously require location and driving history and all the related information. I don't have any highways part of my regular drive or even part of my monthly drive unless I really go out of my way, but would love to use BlueCruise on my regular drive. The intelligent cruise control with the lane centering already works amazing!

As far as I am aware, Ford hasn't said anything about this being a thing, but why wouldn't they do something like this in the future to map out more roads?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I voted Yes because I've already done this... (Opted in to give Ford data access.)

Regarding improving the experience, I think Ford can or possibly already does analyze driving conditions such as when we take control of the wheel even while BlueCruise is in hands free mode. Or when BlueCruise unexpectedly deactivates such as when lane markers disagree with premapped data.

I'm not sure if they currently use our driving history to improve actual road maps directly, though. I sort of doubt it.

In a recent episode of Autonocast, Sam mentioned that Ford is transitioning from its existing road data provider to Intel Mobileye. After that happens, perhaps Ford will utilize Mobileye's REM feature for crowd sourcing map improvements?

https://www.mobileye.com/our-technology/rem/

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This day and age everyone knows where we are anyways lol Might as well do so good and help improve the Blue Cruise network. So long as Ford uses it just in house for the purpose of helping improve Blue Cruise I would have zero issues.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This day and age everyone knows where we are anyways lol Might as well do so good and help improve the Blue Cruise network. So long as Ford uses it just in house for the purpose of helping improve Blue Cruise I would have zero issues.
Yep, pretty much how I feel about it as well. I hope something like this is already in the works and they just have to figure out all the legal for data collection.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
That's a great Idea, but not possible. The roads have to be Lidar mapped to work with BC, and our cars don't have lidar.

Now, sending back telemetry data to help make the product better on current roads and new conditions I am all for. And for all we know, it is already doing this.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I would certainly be willing to have my car telemetry provided to Ford for the improvement of Ford products and services. Where I’d draw the line is if Ford, in turn, provided that data to 3rd parties so that those third parties can improve THEIR products and services. For example, if Apple would like access to my car telemetry to improve something about CarPlay to Apple Maps, then either Apple should ask me directly, or they should have ford make the request, clearly stating that Apple is the recipient of the data and what Apple will be doing with it.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
As long as the data is anonymized and the right privacy protections are in place, then definitely.

I’m of the mindset that you can’t complain about a problem while simultaneously doing nothing to help solve it.
Sponsored

Reactions: ARK