Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The lack of mapped highways in my area limits the potential benefits for me. On the other hand, if there was an option were you could pay for Blue Cruise for just a month for a long trip on mapped highways, then I might pay for it.
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Not really. For mine as an example 2021 MME I paid for the hardware in the price of the car (I forget the exact amount) like $1400-$1500. So that is paid already. Then it was going to be $600 more for the software. So it would be about $1,900 all in total for 3 years of hardware and software.

Now for the 2023.5 they are not paying for the hardware upfront unless they chose the $2,100 upfront payment option for 3 years. Which is $700 per year if you break it out to 3 years. Which is slightly more than it was in prior model years.

If a 2023.5 buyer choses not to pay upfront then they can do either 1 year at $800 (to cover a proportion of the hardware and software) or 1 month at $75 (which would be $900 per year, again pro-rating the hardware and software costs).

I'd bet the $600 software costs for pre-23 buyers remains the same when it's time to renew, because we've already paid for the hardware.
Finally someone figured it out... Some people have a hard time wrapping their head around "subscription".

$75 a month for BC on a 1 year lease is a far cheaper option than paying for the entire thing (one time). As with almost any subscription - Monthly is more than annual is more than triennial. My guess is that the upfront option renews close to the same mark as MY21-22. That is the piece we don't have info on. But lets continue to throw our hands up and scream!

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Not really. For mine as an example 2021 MME I paid for the hardware in the price of the car (I forget the exact amount) like $1400-$1500. So that is paid already. Then it was going to be $600 more for the software. So it would be about $1,900 all in total for 3 years of hardware and software.

Now for the 2023.5 they are not paying for the hardware upfront unless they chose the $2,100 upfront payment option for 3 years. Which is $700 per year if you break it out to 3 years. Which is slightly more than it was in prior model years.

If a 2023.5 buyer choses not to pay upfront then they can do either 1 year at $800 (to cover a proportion of the hardware and software) or 1 month at $75 (which would be $900 per year, again pro-rating the hardware and software costs).

I'd bet the $600 software costs for pre-23 buyers remains the same when it's time to renew, because we've already paid for the hardware.
The whole damn thing is either . . .

• A big money grab . . . or . . .
  • Poorly written communication that has left it open to this interpretation
I will wait and see if @Ford Motor Company clears this up. I believe it can be read either way.

But if it is a 400% increase, as much as I use and like it, I would not pay $2,100 for 3 years. I would sadly give it up.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The whole damn thing is either . . .

• A big money grab . . . or . . .
  • Poorly written communication that has left it open to this interpretation
I will wait and see if @Ford Motor Company clears this up. I believe it can be read either way.

But if it is a 400% increase, as much as I use and like it, I would not pay $2,100 for 3 years. I would sadly give it up.
First, the Ford account isn't gonna clear anything up. They will ask you for your contact information and dealership and that's about it.

Second, it's obvious what they have done and it doesn't need clarification. It's written clear as day. They removed the 1500 purchase option for hardware and 600 is a 3 year sub. 1500+600=2100. It's the exact same we paid for MY21 and 22... The subscription is the only difference which, yes, is slightly more because that's how subscriptions work, but could be less depending on how long you keep the vehicle and/or if they allow it to be enabled and disabled on a monthly basis.

Third, how many people commenting here already have a MY21/22 and this doesn't even apply to them?

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
$600 for three years is a stretch, but doable. $800 would not be worth it. 95%+ for us is local driving.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
@Jimrpa is the first guy to bite on the new price. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THIS GUY HIS DAMNED FORDPASS FRUNK RELEASE ALREADY?!
With my luck, the reason it hasn't been enabled is because Ford is about to "surprise and delight" Mustang Mach E owners by making the FordPass Frunk Release a $10/month subscription option :eek:

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Nope.
It was downloaded. NEVER once did I pay a penny

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Since Ford didn’t let me buy the hardware, I refuse to pay a subscription to the software. 🤪🐩

Regardless, that’s super-steep pricing, so even if I had the hardware, I would pass. 🤷‍♂️🐩

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Second, it's obvious what they have done and it doesn't need clarification. It's written clear as day. They removed the 1500 purchase option for hardware and 600 is a 3 year sub. 1500+600=2100.
How do we know for sure that the $1,500 in your formula is for purchase, and not a three-year lease?

I guess Ford could do annual/monthly subscriptions (for an unlimited number of years) for the software, while selling the hardware under a three-year payment plan. Seems odd, though. A little further clarification wouldn't hurt.

Wouldn't help either, in my case - I'm not interested at any price. I tried it out, and it was cool, but have no interest in using BlueCruise any more.

Dude

First Name
Dominic Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E select
Occupation
Sim Pilot
Country flag
"Keep your mind on your driving and keep your hands on the wheel" .

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
How do we know for sure that the $1,500 in your formula is for purchase, and not a three-year lease?
I agree, and said as much. There's no indication what they'll do after the 3 years for the one time purchase option. My guess is that they'll do the same as MY21-22, but that's unknown and not what people are triggered over in this thread.

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Something was wrong in FoMoCo lately. No heated seat option for EV and no cruise control option for base maverick pickup. Come on Ford, it is ridiculous. Now $800/yr for BC!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Nope.
It was downloaded. NEVER once did I pay a penny
Not sure who you're replying to, but I don't think anyone said you did pay for the software. Your car was a 2021 Job 1, which means you got the free trial as an apology for it taking so long. Starting with 2021 Job 2, $600 was added to the MSRP to pay for the 3 year subscription.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
First, the Ford account isn't gonna clear anything up. They will ask you for your contact information and dealership and that's about it.

Second, it's obvious what they have done and it doesn't need clarification. It's written clear as day. They removed the 1500 purchase option for hardware and 600 is a 3 year sub. 1500+600=2100. It's the exact same we paid for MY21 and 22... The subscription is the only difference which, yes, is slightly more because that's how subscriptions work, but could be less depending on how long you keep the vehicle and/or if they allow it to be enabled and disabled on a monthly basis.

Third, how many people commenting here already have a MY21/22 and this doesn't even apply to them?
Hmmmm . . . .

If you read this carefully . . . in RED posted on another thread by @ChasingCoral , ALL Mach E's now have the hardware for BC . . . So, is this like the Tesla with the short range that has the battery for ER that you have to pay to unlock? That is the poor communication I was referencing. And how does the math work out when they are showing original $1,900 now $2,100?

And if the @Ford Motor Company account isn't helpful so be it. Thanks for the enlightenment.

And Yeah, I have a '21 Mach E that now has BCHF until the end of the year. No one from Ford has yet told me what it will cost to extend the subscription now, so please let me know how this pricing will not apply to us.

• Ford is re-opening its order banks for the all-electric Mustang Mach-E on Wednesday as completed plant upgrades support production ramp in the second half of 2023, with feature improvements on the way – including increased range for standard range battery models to a targeted EPA-estimated range of 250 miles for RWD and 226 miles for eAWD.
  • All standard range models will now be powered by lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries. This change allows the eAWD configuration to gain an additional 45 horsepower and improves the targeted EPA range estimates for standard range RWD and eAWD configurations.
  • In addition to increased range and power, standard range models can now charge to 100% more frequently via AC home charging. When on the road, DC fast charging to 80 percent battery capacity from 10 percent is 33 minutes, a 5-minute reduction when compared to previous standard range models.
  • BlueCruise will be available with the choice to experience the technology with a complimentary 90-day trial since all Mustang Mach-E SUVs will be built with the necessary hardware for the capability. This provides customers the opportunity to try it during the initial months of vehicle ownership and subsequently activate it through a subscription at the time of their choosing. Customers can still include a 3-year subscription as part of the vehicle purchase, if they prefer.
  • The Mustang Mach-E vehicles delivered will include BlueCruise 1.2 with handsfree lane and other software improvements.
  • The Mustang Mach-E still qualifies for potential Inflation Reduction Act federal tax credits in 2023 of $3,750.
  • The Ford+ Plan lays out 2023 as the year we will scale our current EV lineup. As we scale production, we are able to be more retail cost competitive. The updated pricing of Mustang Mach-E can be viewed below.
  • Customers who have ordered a vehicle between Jan. 30 and May 1, 2023 and have not taken delivery, will receive an incentive offer from their dealer at delivery.

ModelCurrent MSRPUpdated MSRP+/-
Select RWD Standard Range$45,995$42,995($3,000)
Select AWD Standard Range$48,995$45,995($3,000)
California Route 1 AWD Extended Range$57,995$56,995($1,000)
Premium RWD Standard Range$50,995$46,995($4,000)
Premium AWD Standard Range$53,995$49,995($4,000)
GT AWD Extended Range$63,995$59,995($4,000)
Options
Extended Range Battery for Premium$7,000$7,000$ -
Mustang Nite Pony Package$800$800$ -
GT Performance Edition Package$6,000$5,000($1,000)
BlueCruise 1.2 (3 years included)$1,900$2,100$200
Comfort Package Lite$ n/a$1,500$ -
Sponsored