Sillybibbles

First Name
Mr. Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2023 Select RWD
Country flag
Exactly - I like it when I occasionally use it, but at $600 a year thought it was a bit pricy so I didn't plan to renew when my sub expires. But now the new price is just wild - no way, hard no. I wonder if they will do big discount promo's, using this astronomical price to make it feel affordable at a discounted $600/yr.

The intelligent cruise control is already good enough for me.
Sponsored

Sillybibbles

First Name
Mr. Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2023 Select RWD
Country flag
One of the reasons I went with the Mach-e was to avoid subscriptions. I get so angry thinking about paying for wireless key entry or heated seat subscriptions. (although real services like Sirius XM or in-car WiFi cell plans are reasonable).
Anyhow, no chance I'm paying another $10K for the life of my vehicle. I'd rent it for $75 for a single month if I had a road trip though.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
To avoid confusion around BlueCruise subscription pricing we wanted to clarify the pricing details. Ford is changing the way it offers BlueCruise to customers. For new Mustang Mach-E orders made after May 2, BlueCruise is available at the time of order for $2,100 for 3-years. If a customer does not choose to subscribe to BlueCruise at the time of purchase, the vehicle will be delivered with a 90-day complimentary trial.

BlueCruise renewal for Mustang Mach-E, excluding certain model year 2021 vehicles, is $800 per year or $75 per month at the end of any initial subscription or trial period.

BlueCruise renewal for model year 2021 vehicles purchased with the optional BlueCruise Prep Package* is available at a discounted rate of $200 a year for three years or $75 a month at the end of the customer’s initial subscription period. Following this discounted subscription cycle, customers will renew at the standard price.

If you are unsure of what model you have and which offer you are eligible for, you can contact the Ford Customer Service Center at (800) 392-3673.

*Model Year 2021 vehicles with the BlueCruise Prep Package known as (Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package) was for the first vehicles that did not ship from the factory with BlueCruise installed and received the software at a later date.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
BlueCruise renewal for Mustang Mach-E, excluding certain model year 2021 vehicles, is $800 per year or $75 per month at the end of any initial subscription or trial period.
Good luck with that. I assume that will change when Ford sees the take rate drop to near zero.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
As a Model Year 2022 owner, the renewal price for BCHF will be more expensive than a 2023.5 owner.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
i hope your market pricing research consultants were cheap so you can afford to redo it when renewal take rate is near zero.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
To avoid confusion around BlueCruise subscription pricing we wanted to clarify the pricing details. Ford is changing the way it offers BlueCruise to customers. For new Mustang Mach-E orders made after May 2, BlueCruise is available at the time of purchase for $2,100 for 3-years. If a customer does not choose to subscribe to BlueCruise at the time of purchase, the vehicle will be delivered with a 90-day complimentary trial.

BlueCruise renewal for model year 2021 vehicles purchased with the optional BlueCruise Prep Package* is available at a discounted rate of $200 a year for three years or $75 a month at the end of the customer’s initial subscription period. Following this discounted subscription cycle, customers will renew at the standard price.

If you are unsure of what model you have and which offer you are eligible for, you can contact the Ford Customer Service Center at (800) 392-3673.

*Model Year 2021 vehicles with the BlueCruise Prep Package known as (Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package) was for the first vehicles that did not ship from the factory with BlueCruise installed and received the software at a later date.
First of all, that seems priced too high. I'm not sure many people will pay that much.

Second, it seems like many of us feel misled. It was said numerous times that the renewal price was going to be $600 for three years. We bought our first Mach-E in 2021 and that's what we were told. When we bought our second Mach-E in 2022, nothing had changed. Now we will be expected to pay $800 PER YEAR on our 2022 when the "trial" expires? Seems misleading. I'd understand if it was a modest increase like $800 for 3 years. But going from $200 per year to $800 per year seems ridiculous.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I like BC and it's sad Ford is doing this for 21 Job 2 and newer. In the end I expect that few will end up using BC and dev will likely be frozen.

$800/yr makes the decision an easy no. $200/yr is at least tempting and I expect would yield more total revenue for Ford.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
To avoid confusion around BlueCruise subscription pricing we wanted to clarify the pricing details. Ford is changing the way it offers BlueCruise to customers. For new Mustang Mach-E orders made after May 2, BlueCruise is available at the time of purchase for $2,100 for 3-years. If a customer does not choose to subscribe to BlueCruise at the time of purchase, the vehicle will be delivered with a 90-day complimentary trial.

Ya'll got us fucked up. This is a non-starter. Seriously, just the offer is an insult to your customers and is a stain on the customer relationship. You have to do better.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
And another thing for @Ford Motor Company to consider. Why would people want to pay $800 per year for BlueCruise when it it taking month and months to get upgraded to version 1.2. Before you jack the price up that much, prove to us that you can roll out updates quickly. I'm disappointed that 1.2 hasn't rolled out yet, but I'd be really upset if I was paying $75 per month for an old version.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
To avoid confusion around BlueCruise subscription pricing we wanted to clarify the pricing details. Ford is changing the way it offers BlueCruise…
Nope, no confusion here. Your customers (specifically) hate this kind of subscription crap especially for what many view as a non-necessity and poorly performing “add-on”. $800 per year is just a pipe dream.

@Ford Motor Company, I applaud you for answering but maybe get to know your demographics before you decide your product is that awesome.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
As a 2021 Job 1 customer I'm glad Ford is honoring the pricing at $600 for 3 years.

I'll be renewing at the end of this year when the free extension is up for sure. Since I've had BC 1.0 for free for awhile now (should have renewed in April but was extended to Dec 2023).

Wish the $600 price for 3 years was permanent for each renewal cycle, but I get it.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
I for one would never pay for a Subscription Feature in a vehicle. I have in the past updated Maps even though I primarily used Google Maps. Now, with Android Auto I have no need for the built in inferior nav system.

This is just like the Airline pricing model. Sell you a cheap ticket and then pile on the extra fees.

Reactions: SWO

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
...Following this discounted subscription cycle, customers will renew at the standard price.
The Mustang is a fantastic vehicle. BCHF is a nice feature.

For me, $800/year would mean all of the savings from not having to do oil changes and other maintenance would be erased. And for something I would have never added to the vehicle in the first place. Sure, I've enjoyed it but its existing features aren't worth $800/year.

If I paid for this for five years beyond the trial period (that is I kept the car for the mean 8 years of ownership), it would mean an additional 7-10% premium on the initial cost of the vehicle just to keep the functionality I have today. And as others have said, there's currently no evidence BC will regularly be updated with real, usable features that would make it worth paying that kind of money.

An "autopilot" is not a feature I would pay for. I drive in large part because I like to drive.

Unless BC 3.1415 turns the Mustang into a flying car, it's absolutely not worth the cost to me.
Sponsored