SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I was willing to pay $200/yr if my car stayed current with BC versions (like version 1.2, to begin with). But had I known that Ford was going to be this aggressive with their subscription price increases and treat its customers like this, I don't think I would have purchased this car last year. That's why I'm pretty salty about this situation.
I don't feel mistreated by Ford. I think Ford has a problem with its announcements getting ahead of its decisions, but that happens all the time with big organizations whose internal teams aren't directly communicating. I've been in very large teams with far more important goals than a pricing scheme and it's always difficult to make sure every hand knows what every other hand is doing.

I love the Mustang with or without an advanced cruise control. If they take it away or charge more for it than I want to pay on a regular basis, it will barely touch the usability of the vehicle for me.
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I don't feel mistreated by Ford. I think Ford has a problem with its announcements getting ahead of its decisions, but that happens all the time with big organizations whose internal teams aren't directly communicating. I've been in very large teams with far more important goals than a pricing scheme and it's always difficult to make sure every hand knows what every other hand is doing.

I love the Mustang with or without an advanced cruise control. If they take it away or charge more for it than I want to pay on a regular basis, it will barely touch the usability of the vehicle for me.
I mean if it's a case of announcements getting ahead of decisions, then it would imply that this isn't really a decision yet. I guess we'll see about that. I do care about this feature, so the pricing is important to me.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I mean if it's a case of announcements getting ahead of decisions, then it would imply that this isn't really a decision yet. I guess we'll see about that. I do care about this feature, so the pricing is important to me.
Totally. I didn't mean to imply that it shouldn't matter.

Given that some people have very recently been asked to participate in polls and surveys about what they would be willing to pay, I would not be surprised if the final pricing is different from what they said here in the forum.

(Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the same for a year or so either.)

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
MME '21 here with almost 50k miles. I can say a large portion (if not most) of the milage has been on highways. With that being said, BlueCruise didn't become available until 15k-20k miles. The car can already do adaptive cruise which is near the same thing as hands free.

If Ford wants to renew it for free, sure. Can I see myself paying $100 a year? Meh, maybe. But $75 a month or save $100 for a yearly at $800? Not even close. That's near what I pay in electricity for a years worth. The math doesn't add up for me.

I would appreciate it if Ford could stop trying to be Tesla with a subscription. Up next, $4k to unlock 50 miles of range.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I think the way Ford handled it was dumb. I think the price is much, much better than the price of what brand t charges. I wouldn't pay either price. I might pay $10-$15/month or $200/yr for what Ford offers. I wouldn't take payment to be brand t's beta tester.
BC also costs a lot more than supercruise from brand GM

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
BC also costs a lot more than supercruise from brand GM
Okay.

I didn't see anything that GM has in the EV realm that is anywhere near as compelling as the Mustang.

PA-Fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I woke up thinking about this today. My thought was around every MME owner on here saying they would not pay for automated driving processes.

my thought was, how long before Ford, or any auto manufacturer, begins to sell ad space in our cars? Ford, or any car manufacturer, has investors that need to see continuous increases in ebita (Earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization).

Creating ongoing subscriptions is sure one way to create a new source of funds from owners to add to ebita. If we are not biting on paying additional fee’s, how long would it take a car company to Splash an insurance company name in the dash after the brakes have been applied to avoid a situation… “That safety Maneuver was brought to you by Acme insurance. Wile E Coyote’s favorite brand”. :)

Last edited:

PA-Fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So it starts by pretending no BC, then you start by pretending you can't stream, then you pretend you don't have heated seats, then you pretend you don't have plug and charge, then you pretend you don't need 360, eventually you pay $60k to buy a car and pretend you are driving 2012 Toyota Corolla unless you fork out $300 per month extra for services.

I am in the IT industry, we are now paying freaking fees to use our $60k and $100k servers, on prem physical servers so be careful what you pretend.
I’m retired IT and totally see your point. Ford really stubbed their toe with this announcement. Their problem being they think (thought?) they had a killer must have app. We are not used to paying subscriptions for our automotive functionality. What Ford has put on the block as a subscribable service is not that important to people just yet. It may be their in three years, which might be what they are betting on.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
To avoid confusion around BlueCruise subscription pricing we wanted to clarify the pricing details. Ford is changing the way it offers BlueCruise to customers. For new Mustang Mach-E orders made after May 2, BlueCruise is available at the time of order for $2,100 for 3-years. If a customer does not choose to subscribe to BlueCruise at the time of purchase, the vehicle will be delivered with a 90-day complimentary trial.

BlueCruise renewal for Mustang Mach-E, excluding certain model year 2021 vehicles, is $800 per year or $75 per month at the end of any initial subscription or trial period.

BlueCruise renewal for model year 2021 vehicles purchased with the optional BlueCruise Prep Package* is available at a discounted rate of $200 a year for three years or $75 a month at the end of the customer’s initial subscription period. Following this discounted subscription cycle, customers will renew at the standard price.

If you are unsure of what model you have and which offer you are eligible for, you can contact the Ford Customer Service Center at (800) 392-3673.

*Model Year 2021 vehicles with the BlueCruise Prep Package known as (Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package) was for the first vehicles that did not ship from the factory with BlueCruise installed and received the software at a later date.
I get you are losing money on EVs but this is insane. GM doesn't charge anywhere near this cost for the better reviewed super cruise in a luxury Cadillac

RafalCOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I was already debating if I want to extend at old price. This new one made it easy. I like using BC but can't justify it anymore.

Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
Of course I have to be ready for anything but I'd be surprised if this doesn't get modified to some extent. To but even grandfather in already purchased vehicles to the $600 for three years price for the original owners who were told that was the price would be awful. That or the individual that posted from the official Ford account is mistaken since I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. Wishful thinking? Probably.

Last edited:

A1TJeremy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Premium Extended Battery
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
I registered as a member here just to say yall are freaken crazy as hell!! No one in there right mind will pay that stupid price for something like this! Sure it's useful on trips, but the point of having this car was to save money to spend even more than an Ice car! Ford you are a joke if you do this! I see lawsuits happening probably.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Wait...what?

The BC trial starts on mannequins when the dealer gets it, not when the ultimate consumer gets it?

Bastards.gif
Yup. That is what I got on my Lightning Mannequin. My BC started July 2022. I got the truck in December.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Yup. That is what I got on my Lightning Mannequin. My BC started July 2022. I got the truck in December.
Well as I told the other poster, my salesman and the sales manager told me that if you call Ford Customer Service or maybe the BEV team you can get that subscription start date changed to the day you bought the truck. I will be buying a mannequin GT from them soon and can guarantee that my start date will be reset! I have a great relationship with the folks at my dealership, having bought 10 vehicles previously and they're always straight with me.

This is money we're talking about. It's just like the warranty start date. I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose, say six months, of warranty because you bought a mannequin right? I'll bet that they didn't even think about that BC subscription when they sold you the truck, or that it would need to be reset. Just like the dealers that didn't realize that many vehicle that were on the FCTP program (mannequins) were often added to the "fleet" program, and so they weren't getting automatic updates (OTAs) until they brought the truck back in to the dealership and a tech put it on FDRS to take it out of fleet mode. It's simply a case of the dealership not being aware that these things were causing issues.
Sponsored