TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It has become more of a problem to watch than have it not on.
This. I find it far MORE stressful, not less. Even if it worked well, I'd still be on edge trusting it to steer without making a split-second fatal mistake.

But adding to that is the fact it ping-pongs too much. I really dislike it. While a cool sounding idea, it's really more of a party trick. I won't be paying for it.

It also make me nervous that the cars around me may be using it. (Not just BC, but any manufacturer's version of autosteering.)

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yep, I will pay. $600 is a lot of money but not that much on a $70k car.

Now if I paid $12000 for blue cruse and it works the way it does I would be highly disappointed.

It comes in real handy I no longer need to hold the steering wheel with my knee. Using blue cruse is safer than the knee method.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, I will renew it when my free subscription ends. BlueCruise works great on the 3 freeways I drive on most frequently, and I am looking forward to using it when I drive to Phoenix in a couple weeks.

Slowmotion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
Country flag
Yep, I will pay. $600 is a lot of money but not that much on a $70k car.

Now if I paid $12000 for blue cruse and it works the way it does I would be highly disappointed.

It comes in real handy I no longer need to hold the steering wheel with my knee. Using blue cruse is safer than the knee method.
I want to drive the car. I do not want it to drive me. If I need a nap, a phone call, or video I choose the couch, not the car. It's not about how good the automation is. I want to interact with the world in my way, on my terms. I do not want a machine to do that for me.

JohnS1111

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E eAWD
Country flag
I loved it driving from SoCal to NorCal and back. On the way north it was even hands free over the mountains to Grapevine. And the entire stretch up the I5 it was handsfree as well. On the way back it was mostly the same except over the mountains. I have done that drive a bunch of times and this was definitely more relaxing.
So, for long drives on the freeway the system is really great IMO.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
BC has been flawless for me, except when they do new construction and change lanes to new ones and it curves that are tight. Got to take control of that one. Just keep an eye out for those type of things on a highway. Other than that, I still got a little less than three years to think about it.

I do wish it was cheaper than 200/year. This is probably going to be the cheapest it will ever get. If they grandfather me in for 200/ year forever. Thinking they might raise the price in the future and the improvements will be great. I think i would do it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I want to drive the car. I do not want it to drive me. If I need a nap, a phone call, or video I choose the couch, not the car. It's not about how good the automation is. I want to interact with the world in my way, on my terms. I do not want a machine to do that for me.
I agree…… until I hit long boring stretches of hwy or stop and go traffic.

The robots can gladly take over that part.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree…… until I hit long boring stretches of hwy or stop and go traffic.

The robots can gladly take over that part.
I like the cruise control, including the adaptive cruise control. It handles speed control well (well, except for when someone cuts in front of me and it slams on the regen).

But steering is a completely different matter. No autosteering for me. I want complete control of that. I don't trust it, it doesn't center well, and it doesn't make the constant little adjustments to avoid the ruts and bumps and potholes like I do to produce the smoothest ride.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Fully-autonomous driving will only work well when all cars on the road are interlinked and play by the same rules. Imagine the safety benefits if that was the case: We wouldn't need stop signs, stoplights, or even headlights. Because every car would know what the other traffic is doing.

Sound farfetched? Not really; transport-category jet aircraft already have such a system. They have enhanced TCAS, which talks with the systems aboard nearby airplanes. In the event of a traffic conflict, the units decide which aircraft will descend and which will ascend or turn to avoid a collision.
I wonder how well enhanced TCAS handles pedestrians, bicyclists, stray dogs, disabled vehicles, etc.

Yeah I know. Crazy talk... But it's worth recognizing that the challenges we need to overcome for well behaving "level 5 automation" of road vehicles are rather significant.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the cruise control, including the adaptive cruise control. It handles speed control well (well, except for when someone cuts in front of me and it slams on the regen).

But steering is a completely different matter. No autosteering for me. I want complete control of that. I don't trust it, it doesn't center well, and it doesn't make the constant little adjustments to avoid the ruts and bumps and potholes like I do to produce the smoothest ride.
I’ve never seen a rut or pothole on a Bluecruise street. Only interstate highways around here.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder how well enhanced TCAS handles pedestrians, bicyclists, stray dogs, disabled vehicles, etc.

Yeah I know. Crazy talk... But it's worth recognizing that the challenges we need to overcome for well behaving "level 5 automation" of road vehicles are rather significant.
At this point the solution is easy!

Larger tires and a brush guard for when you run them all over.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I’ve never seen a rut or pothole on a Bluecruise street. Only interstate highways around here.
I'm guessing you're not from rural Southeast MI?

That may be part of the problem with my BC experience. By coincidence, they re-painted the lines (finally!) on one stretch of road, I tried BC there again, and it worked pretty well, didn't dart from one side of the lane to the other as much, didn't even nag me to take my bifocals off so it could stare longingly into my jade green eyes...

For my situation, this may be a classic example of shiny new tech butting heads with wonky infrastructure.

On the bright side, no hills to climb around here so my HVBJB is probably not feeling overworked.

But no, I won't be paying for BC when the trial period is done.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
When lines are hard to see, lane centering isn't happy. BlueCruise handsfree will disengage when the lines disappear, as will lane centering. We hit a stretch where they paved over the lines. That was it.