Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT, Mercedes GL450, VW GLI
Occupation
Construction Operations Manager
Country flag
I'm not trolling. This is real life experience. 1/4 mile is only that....1/4 mile. After that the Mach-E loses power and a normal common every day car (ie. 2002 Toyota Corolla) will walk away from a MME GT at higher speeds on a highway.
You: "Im not a troll"

Also You: "I get outrun by 2002 Corollas"

All those Corolla on the highway walking away from MME's at 117+ MPH. I think your comments tell us more about you as a driver than the MME. Since the MME has a top speed of 130 MPH.

Sponsored

scrb31

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I know this is a relatively small sample size but Iā€™m seeing a lot of ā€œNoā€ in the replies and itā€™s mostly related to price. I hope Ford sees this and wakes up to make something competitive yet reasonably priced because I would like to see more advanced Mach-e in the future, just not at the current or higher prices.
I love my GT - However, if I didn't get A-Plan and the tax credit - would not have been worth it. Price seems to be the biggest obstacle at this point, especially with uncertainty regarding future tax credits (at least in the USA).

SROSE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
You: "Im not a troll"

Also You: "I get outrun by 2002 Corollas"

All those Corolla on the highway walking away from MME's at 117+ MPH. I think your comments tell us more about you as a driver than the MME. Since the MME has a top speed of 130 MPH.

All you're referencing is 1/4 mile and stats....go get some real world experience driving your car. The MME GT is already limited with a few bars limiting power at cruising speed. Try to floor it and overtake a Chevy Malibu and it will walk away from the power limited/restricted MME GT. I feel like you're the one trolling me, thinking the MME is a fast car. There's a difference between fast and quick. I'd say the MME GT is quick, but not fast due to Nissan Jukes pulling away. Sure the MME GT can get up to 130......eventually while other weak cars are already gone.

scrb31

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
All you're referencing is 1/4 mile and stats....go get some real world experience driving your car. The MME GT is already limited with a few bars limiting power at cruising speed. Try to floor it and overtake a Chevy Malibu and it will walk away from the power limited/restricted MME GT. I feel like you're the one trolling me, thinking the MME is a fast car. There's a difference between fast and quick. I'd say the MME GT is quick, but not fast due to Nissan Jukes pulling away. Sure the MME GT can get up to 130......eventually while other weak cars are already gone.
Bad driving troll is still a troll. šŸ§Œ

SROSE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Bad driving troll is still a troll. šŸ§Œ
So you are a troll. Do you even have a Mach E? If you did you would know that you only have full power for a few seconds and then it accelerates very slowly. If you do have a Mach E, you must be a bad driver because all you have to do is put your foot down. Here is actual video proof showing how slow the Mach E GT is after a few seconds....see how long it takes to get up to 200kph and see how the power is restricted after a few seconds....that would be the little blue bar on the bottom left of the display....that gets almost cut in half after a few seconds.

scrb31

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So you are a troll. Do you even have a Mach E? If you did you would know that you only have full power for a few seconds and then it accelerates very slowly. If you do have a Mach E, you must be a bad driver because all you have to do is put your foot down. Here is actual video proof showing how slow the Mach E GT is after a few seconds....see how long it takes to get up to 200kph and see how the power is restricted after a few seconds....that would be the little blue bar on the bottom left of the display....that gets almost cut in half after a few seconds.

yes, I own a 2022 MME GT. No, it isnā€™t slow. Yes, the acceleration is fantastic. No, I have not been overtaken by an old car. I have yet to have the car not accelerate like it should when I mash the pedal.

maybe itā€™s because I donā€™t typically drive above 95 mph on surface streets that I donā€™t see my acceleration fall off.

but having owned Mercedes BiTurbo Cars, VW GLI, and Audi A4, this car rips compared to them and doesnā€™t compare to the 2003 Elantra I drove out of high school.

SROSE

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
yes, I own a 2022 MME GT. No, it isnā€™t slow. Yes, the acceleration is fantastic. No, I have not been overtaken by an old car. I have yet to have the car not accelerate like it should when I mash the pedal.

maybe itā€™s because I donā€™t typically drive above 95 mph on surface streets that I donā€™t see my acceleration fall off.

but having owned Mercedes BiTurbo Cars, VW GLI, and Audi A4, this car rips compared to them and doesnā€™t compare to the 2003 Elantra I drove out of high school.
All your other cars are faster than your Mach E. Your Mach E is quicker from 0-60 but after that all your other cars will pull away from the Mach E because they are faster even though the MME GT is quicker. Does that make sense?

scrb31

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
In a straight line, pegged, over a 1/4 mile, yes, the Mercedes would eventually pass the MME. I get that.

but, if I wanted a faster EV, Iā€™d have purchased a faster EV. This thing, at its price point, makes me giggle when I mash it. Your silly comparisons are just that, silly.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?

If not, which one would you go for?
Have to say that while I love the car even with all its blemishes, I would not purchase another given the MSRP increase(s), lack of x-plan listing, and loss of federal tax credit above 55k.

In February 2021 my bottom line, after considering tax credit and x-plan discount, was $48k for Infinite Blue AWD extended battery Premium with floor mats.

A 2023 similarly outfitted would be $68,310.

At $48k this car was approaching the limit for me. At $68k I worry the MME will fail.

For the sake of transparency I originally agreed to pay roughly $3k more as Ford ultimately made a couple of MSRP reductions before I took delivery.

Last edited:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
[QUOTE="Mach1E, post: 569900, member: 6706"

Every day you keep it is a decision to buy it all over again at its current value. Itā€™s the same with anything you own.
[/QUOTE]
While theoretically true this ignores that replacement vehicles were also artificially inflated during the applicable period.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?
I would not buy it today. I like my Mustang, but Ford's 2023 prices are too high.

If I were in the market today, I would not buy an electric car - I would lease one, so as to get the benefit of the $7,500 federal tax credit. Since the Ford is too expensive now, I would go for the Genesis GV60 (or the BMW i4, which is not a SUV).

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Just past my 10K. Started really May 1st.

Yes I would buy this same trim even.

I would probably never get it at the same price though never again. šŸ˜”

So I guess at the price point i paid minus all the rebates and fed tax. Yes.

Docpetey

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIa Stinger , Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Have to say that while I love the car even with all its blemishes, I would not purchase another given the MSRP increase(s), lack of x-plan listing, and loss of federal tax credit above 55k.

In February 2021 my bottom line, after considering tax credit and x-plan discount, was $48k for Infinite Blue AWD extended battery Premium with floor mats.

A 2023 similarly outfitted would be $68,310.

At $48k this car was approaching the limit for me. At $68k I worry the MME will fail.

For the sake of transparency I originally agreed to pay roughly $3k more as Ford ultimately made a couple of MSRP reductions before I took delivery.

Docpetey

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIa Stinger , Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Yes probably . I bought My Mache E Gt last Oct and have had it for over a year. It drives great and is very fast. I have never been beaten off the line and it does not lose power. When I am in the market I am intrigued about the New Cadillac Lyriq but will wait to see since no tax credit and no rush. I have some minor complaints about the Mustang and that is why i gave a tentative yes.
1. Hate the ford sync radio station because it often changes presets and often doesn't allow me to see all the stations . it is very finicky.
2. Climate control often comes on when I would just like it off and the windows down
3. When windows are down driving on the highway the cover over the back hatch flies up and i had to put plastic washers over the hooks to keep it down.
4 Mileage is not great . I do drive fast but fully charged in cold weather in the 20's range was 184.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
I most likely wouldn't buy at the new prices, and I would definitely shop around and test some other EVs. My purchase last year was rushed (due to my Kia dying and needing a few months to get fixed), but overall so far I'm happy with my Mach E.
Sponsored