Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have no interest in any EVs besides Ford's. That said, I would not pay 2023 prices. I only upgraded from 2021 to 2022 because it was the same price. Just like I'm not willing to pay 2023 prices, without tax credit, for the Lightning.
My 2021 Mach-e premium awd, er was like $55,792, x plan, that “same” car today would cost, MSRP, $67,800………., would have to think long & hard……..! Bill csg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DonnieJ

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE
Occupation
U.S. Soldier
Country flag
I agree. The golden days of buying a new car and selling it for a profit where always going to be temporary.
That's also exactly one of the reasons the new prices are ridiculously so I have zero complaints in that regard

Ned

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for ford
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If I could buy a plug in that got 50 miles on the battery before needing the icu to start I would get it. Not that I don't love my 2021 mach e.

Raysfan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?

If not, which one would you go for?
Absolutely Not. Poor Ford customer service. Suspension and torque vectoring very poor, charging speed much slower than similar cars.

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Right now, yes. But in 2-3 years time I could see myself stretching to a Lotus Eletre. Especially with the price hike on my existing AWD ER since I bought it, it's no longer that 'affordable'.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
I absolutely would (assuming the same i was purchasing at the same time) with one exception: I would have gone with my gut and purchhased the GT (non-pe) for the better seats.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
After 5.5 months and 2,800 miles, my wife and I are satisfied with our premium Mach-e, despite software issues, low winter range, and paint quality issues we dealt with at delivery.

Subjectively, I think the Mach-e is still the best EV for us vs other options currently available on the market, including Model Y. It is still perfectly fine as the only vehicle in a 2 adult + 2 kid urban household.

However, we would not be willing to spend any more than the ~$57,000 price point that we ordered / purchased the vehicle for. We would have been okay paying that price without any fed & state tax incentives (which we will not qualify for starting in 2023) or Ford discounts & incentives (x-plan and ford options incentive). 2023 price is simply too high for that vehicle and while we can afford to pay it, we would not be willing to.

Our next best alternative would be to wait for an electric equivalent to the Audi A6 or BMW 5-series sedan, which would likely be priced in the $75-85k range.

We would never go back to an ICE or hybrid vehicle.

DanBGolf

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
GOLFTEC Franchise Owner
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?

If not, which one would you go for?
All things considered, DEFINITELY!
The interesting thing for me was that I was not looking to purchase an EV. I am a Ford Guy and have wanted a Mustang since I was 16 and took my first ride in a '69 Mach I (stock 390 that was bored and stroked, balanced and blueprinted...tons of torque, really fast). But life kinda got in the way and either I couldn't afford one at the time or it wasn't practical for my life situation. As time passed I found myself needing something more in the Crossover/SUV vein, but still yearning for My Mustang. Lo and behold, in 2019 Ford announces a Mustang Crossover...and said, "Here you go Dan." Oh, and it happens to be All Electric.
So, I placed my reservation in December 2019, place my order December 2020, and took delivery of my 2021 Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD July 27, 2021.
I am often an early adopter of new technology and have learned through experience that early adoption is not for the impatient or intolerant. Has my Mach E had it's share of issues, ABSOLUTELY! Maybe even more than it's share. But my learning curve was steep and at times resolving those issues took longer than it should have. But working through them with both my local dealer and Ford Customer Service has been generally a good experience and my car today is running great...and I LOVE IT!.
Better cold weather range would be awesome, but careful route planning, pre-heating the battery, prudent driving, and judicious use of climate control/seat & steering wheel heaters and I don't suffer any range anxiety on longer trips.
As a side note, coordinating, communicating and working with my dealership in a cordial manner, we have LEARNED together to navigate and resolve these first Ford EV early issues. They have really done right by me.
So, YES...in a heartbeat!

Cecil

First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME, 2017 F150, 2007 Mustang convertable
Occupation
Retired Mechanic
Country flag
For me it's a no. Only because of its poor cool weather range performance. They fix that and I'm a yes because everything else about the car we love.

Oldbutalive

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Premium Long Range was good value having paid NO ADM. But at the current pricing the Cadillac Lyriq which I have on order from May 18 window solves a number of MME issues. The Cadillac was for my wife. But she loves her Lexus Ultra ES-300H with it's consistent 44MPG and 510 mile range on a full tank. Funny the 510 has NO SEASONAL adjustment!

Still vegan interior BUT I have no complaints with the MME! But the Lyriq interior much higher level plane better!
The lack of sun shade on the roof; in GA it's an issue. A/C seats its an issue.
Comparing other Lyriq features the 33" screen has 256,000 colors including interior MME 6 colors plus Lyriq adjustment upper and lower.
The vehicle's welcome is cool and the MME's welcome Mustang needs the car to be locked.
Lyriq Tires are equal size and wider. The MME's foot print too small.
The Lyriq Dimensions are larger including wheelbase 121.8 and Cargo 28 cu ft UP 68 cu ft DOWN. MME hopping at posted speed on concrete poured inter-states is annoying.
Every Lyriq road test reinforces the smooth handling of the Lyriq.
The rear drive EPA specs are the same. The battery is 9% larger to handle the extra weight.
Both discourage trailer hitches I guess bikes and specifically Electric bikes need a 2" 1500 - 3000 lb support. Or jet ski trailer.
The Lyriq's 20" wheels and the much improved ground clearance is welcomed.
The Lyriq is sold out for 2023 and they are discussing a date for the 2024 order window should close soon.

So the $8500 price increase opens other options coming in 2023-24. PLUS the SS Blazer EV in Red is HOT!

The BAD is Cadillac CORPORATE is MUTE!
FORD was (never outstanding) BUT THEY DID communicate directly they honored price protection for an accepted order. Having a Window Sticker 5 months before delivery was appreciated. The difference In my opinion Ford recognized the (Tesla) selling model of on-line direct without or with only minimal pre-delivery dealer investment. Soon to be gone is 45-60 days of inventory on the lots!

Cadillac ABDICATES to the Dealer. Hold on dealers worry about the current months deliveries. They are worried about their HUGE investment in Real Estate and large service centers. Hounding dealers over an 8-10 month order - delivery cycle is INSANE!

But you have the Cadillac Concierge call them up. Nice People with no information beyond the order number. Back to the Sales "Person" at the local dealer. Plus Cadillac is "allocating" Lyriq's based on your selected dealers last year sales of CT4 and CT5's! Large dealers give you better chance at the LOTTERY style allocation.

TTort

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'95 Mazda RX-7, Prius, Honda Pilot
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Heck Yeh, Mach-E all the way!

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
My 2021 Mach-e premium awd, er was like 57,600 x plan, that “same” car today would cost, MSRP, $67,800………., would have to think long & hard……..! Bill csg
I’m in the same boat as you. Also we got parking assist & foot activated liftgate. $10k more expensive, less tax credit, higher Options interest rate, less features. Probably would have passed. Mine was $55,900 x-plan.

Why was your cost $2k higher for the same confirmation?

Last edited:

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as you. Also we got parking assist & foot activated liftgate. $10k more expensive, less tax credit, higher Options interest rate, less features. Probably would have passed. Mine was $55,900 x-plan.

Why was your cost $2k higher for the same confirmation?
I believe you got your car before me? Mine, ordered 4/27/21, picked up 1/11/22, there had been a battery price increase, I think…….Bill P

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If I could buy a plug in that got 50 miles on the battery before needing the icu to start I would get it. Not that I don't love my 2021 mach e.
RAV4 Prime at 42 miles isn’t close enough to tempt you?
Sponsored