Would you still buy the Mach E today?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I have no interest in any EVs besides Ford's. That said, I would not pay 2023 prices. I only upgraded from 2021 to 2022 because it was the same price. Just like I'm not willing to pay 2023 prices, without tax credit, for the Lightning.

Jay_in_Austin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think we would still go for the MME. My wife really likes the Rivan RS1 but it's nearly twice the price. I should have bought the larger battery. I expected the small battery MME to have similar range to my Kia Niro EV but it is not near that level of efficiency.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Not sure, as now have a great choice between the Hyundai and the model y.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I bought my car back in July 2021, so I would absolutely buy it again at those prices. At today's price? Most likely a no because prices have risen to the point it's out of my price range.

Beerbronco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT (Moody Blue); 2012 Xterra
Country flag
First car was a 68 Mustang and I vowed I would buy another Mustang before I retired. When Ford announced that they were electrifying a Mustang I knew it was meant to be. Waited for second year model and bought my 2022 GT Mach E. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again. I love this car! It is the first car since my 68 Mustang that I am spending money on adding tinted windows, PPF, ceramic coating and lots of cool stuff from @AOSK

HGxxx

First Name
Harish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion energi, mach e premium standard range
Country flag
I know dealers get a bad rap , but my dealer has been great, I ordered in Jan of 2022, finally picked up in Dec and i was not charged ADM, they suggested to get the ford options rebate and rates from Jan 2022. Btw went to a Kia dealer to change my wife's car, was told a phev Kia Sorento is a premium vehicle with 10 k ADM. I got up shook his hand and left 🤣. Kia and Hyundai cars may be great, but I don't know about their dealers

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I do not regret buying my 2021 premium 4X for $57K, but if my reservation for the 2024 Blazer SS stays at the MSRP of $66K (before any rebates) like Chevy is advertising, our 2021 Corvette may be getting a brother from the same mother parking next to it in the garage 🙂

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I love the car and would purchase my Job 1 Premium at the price I paid in April of 2021, with the incentives in place at that time.
Now, it is so much more expensive I would probably not.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Folks, out of curiosity, If you were in the market for an electric SUV today, would you still buy the Mach E?

If not, which one would you go for?
Absolutely. The ioniq 5 would be second, but it's not so close. I like its styling, and would appreciate the 800 volt architecture for faster charging, but I prefer the MME's looks, and anyway, some of Hyundai's design choices (No rear wiper? Wasting the availability of front storage space?) and smaller battery would help drive my decision. Besides, there isn't (yet) an ioniq 5 with the performance of my GT, and if the EV6 GT is any indication of what an ioniq 5 N might be like, I'll have an even greater range advantage over an ioniq 5 N.

(Now, if I had an unlimited budget, I might look at the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo, but that's not reality, especially once the options come into play.) {Jonathan}

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Great car, not so great software but if given a choice, I would absolutely purchase again assuming I could ensure the same dealership experience (X-Plan with known pricing up front and no add-ons). I don't know what current prices are though so that may be a factor in my decision. ??

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Probably, I really like it! I'm all about the performance so I'm tempted by an EV6 GT now that they are coming out. I greatly prefer the look of the Mach E though.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The same car at the same price? Yes. The same car at today’s price? Probably. Current offering at today’s price? No. The mandatory glass roof is a deal-breaker for me. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Rob S

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mustang Ecoboost, 2022 MME GT Star White
Country flag
We definitely would buy ours again, HVBJB repair and all.

It's my wife's car and we both think its the best car we've ever owned. It is a lot of fun to drive and very quick.
Sponsored